Frank Ferrer / GNRLA.COM - Interview (ENGLISH)

Really cool guy.

Haters gonna hate.

Nobody "hates" Frank in this thread, so don't twist things again

Personally he is my fav drummer since the new GNR era started. He is a steady drummer, not a technical wizard, but this music doesn't require extreme technical capabilities :lol:

Saw Brain live, did not like him, Freese never played with them, but he is a lot more cool drummer than Brain, imho (regardless of how good is Brain on a studio set)

Edited by Strange Broue

Thanks for posting!

Frank looks like genuinely enjoying his tenure in GNR and seems to be a very friendly person...

...but I hate the way he plays Mr. Brownstone and Rocket Queen.

A little off topic, but when it comes to playing GNR songs from AFD or illusions, Brent Fitz has also done an amazing job, he plays stuff much better than what Matt played during the illusions tour, Frank is a cool guy, I hope he gets more chance to play more songs in the band

Thanks again GNRLA for posting this, If you do an interview with more "GNR" members can you ask them if they get a chance to work with Slash, will they work with him? I just want to know what will be their reply lol

Edited by Slash787

"You Could Be Mine" is the funnest drum song I get to play . Matt wrote those parts

Lol, Duff wrote that drum track

also thanks for posting, good interview

All these years I was thinking that Matt wrote that part, how do you know Duff wrote it?

"You Could Be Mine" is the funnest drum song I get to play . Matt wrote those parts

All these years I was thinking that Matt wrote that part, how do you know Duff wrote it?

Matt and Duff have both mentioned it at various times over the years. My understanding of it is Duff came up with the main rhythm that plays under the whole intro and when Matt joined the band he added in the two bar double bass fills that actually opens the song before the repetitive rhythm.

A little off topic, but when it comes to playing GNR songs from AFD or illusions, Brent Fitz has also done an amazing job, he plays stuff much better than what Matt played during the illusions tour, Frank is a cool guy, I hope he gets more chance to play more songs in the band

Thanks again GNRLA for posting this, If you do an interview with more "GNR" members can you ask them if they get a chance to work with Slash, will they work with him? I just want to know what will be their reply lol

Agreed, Brent Fitz needs to play on a reunion gig :awesome:

Seriously he has the closest playing to Adler's feel and he can deal with the Illusions stuff!

Matt and Duff have both mentioned it at various times over the years. My understanding of it is Duff came up with the main rhythm that plays under the whole intro and when Matt joined the band he added in the two bar double bass fills that actually opens the song before the repetitive rhythm.

This

Matt also claims that he was responsible for the"epic" orchestration of NR (you know the thing that's fucked up the whole song :lol:)

another interesting tidbit: Josh Freese came up the main guitar riff in Chinese Democracy

That is why it's sound like a little bit grungy

Edited by Strange Broue

Frank is awesome, and one of the nicest guys in the music business. Very humble, very funny, and a dude who flat out lives for music.

I love the guy and am glad he is in the band.

I've told this story before but for those of you who missed it. An interviewer asked Frank who would most likely be the drummer on the next GnR album - Frank or his son. Frank laughed for a good 60 seconds straight.

He is a quality guy.

• Like 1

Besides he texting some joke, as you guys always say he does

:rofl-lol:

I love this part.

:lol:

For them to say it so much, he must really text'em jokes all the time. Do you think they have a WhatsApp group? And Axl is that annoying uncle? hahahah I wonder...

I don't think Axl contacts the guys in the band very often, regardless of what they say. But yeah, when he does, it must be some non-sense that generates some forced laughter. Guess I'm a hater.

I have to say that I agree with you, from the first to the last word.

I couldn't care less who the current guy is in on the drum throne, but I do think that Frank is a great drummer. I notice he gets a bit of a beat down, and some people say he plays too robotic. I disagree, I think after Steven he's the best drummer GnR have ever had, funky / groovy with all the chops to play just about anything.

Franks's cool and does his job very well, as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much a solid and well-rounded drummer. And he's also not a constant train-wreck happening or, about to happen. He shows up and does his job and seems to enjoy it. And why not? Who among us all here, wouldn't want to be in that band, making what has to be really good dough and seeing the world?? That's a dream come true job man...