Frank Ferrer / GNRLA.COM - Interview (ENGLISH)

Frank seems to be a great dude. Not a bad drummer but a little bit soulless and generic for me. He clearly has no idea of what's going on with GNR. Cool interview anyway, thanks for posting :)

Edited by maynard

I LOLED when he said he speaks to Axl and they text, he really has no idea whats going in the band, but I don't blame him, he is a cool guy, I had a chance to meet him and he was pretty cool, its nice that he respects the original band, money wise this would be the best band for anyone.

Edit - That Intro to Mr. Brownstone is pretty weird, Steven did it way better.

Edited by Slash787

I LOLED when he said he speaks to Axl and they text, he really has no idea whats going in the band, but I don't blame him, he is a cool guy, I had a chance to meet him and he was pretty cool, its nice that he respects the original band, money wise this would be the best band for anyone. He said he reads a lot of forums, this is the most famous GNR forum, so ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME MR. FERRER

Actually he said he doesn't really read forums. I find it funny that he has formed some sorta of a relationship with everyone in the old band but Slash and Steven. Perfect soldier.

I LOLED when he said he speaks to Axl and they text, he really has no idea whats going in the band, but I don't blame him, he is a cool guy, I had a chance to meet him and he was pretty cool, its nice that he respects the original band, money wise this would be the best band for anyone. He said he reads a lot of forums, this is the most famous GNR forum, so ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME MR. FERRER

Actually he said he doesn't really read forums. I find it funny that he has formed some sorta of a relationship with everyone in the old band but Slash and Steven. Perfect soldier.

Sorry I read it wrong, thanks for pointing it out

He has a relationship with axl/duff/Izzy because he has played with them, why would he be friend with steven or slash? Probably nothing to do with his loyalty to axl

Edited by jettesnel
  • Like 2

fuck yes ( i doubt that Axl pull that off, though)

I've never seen "Locomotive" on any of the lists. Doesn't mean that we will never play it. I'll suggest it next time a list goes out.

"Silkworms" is great. I'm sure it will make its way back into the set in the future.

Interesting

Edited by Strange Broue

You know what's funny?

Frank Ferrer maybe the most "hated" drummer who play under the GNR banner, but he is in the band for the longest time!

9 years today

Rob Gardner : 2 months

Steven Adler: 5 years

Matt Sorum : 7 years (?), live 3 years

Josh Freese: 2 years (?) but he never performed live with them

Brain: 6 years (2000-2006 but he worked in the studio i suppose for a little after that)

Frank Ferrer: 9 years

:lol::frank:

• Like 1

"You Could Be Mine" is the funnest drum song I get to play . Matt wrote those parts

Lol, Duff wrote that drum track

also thanks for posting, good interview

Well he also says Brain wrote Mr. Brownstone. So who knows :lol:

"You Could Be Mine" is the funnest drum song I get to play . Matt wrote those parts

I think he was talking about the live rendition of the song.

Edited by Rovim

I think he mean the NUGNR "version" of Brownstone?

He also says that AFD is his fav GNR record so he must know who the fuck wrote that part :lol:

You know what's funny?

Frank Ferrer maybe the most "hated" drummer who play under the GNR banner, but he is in the band for the longest time!

9 years today

Rob Gardner : 2 months

Steven Adler: 5 years

Matt Sorum : 7 years (?), live 3 years

Josh Freese: 2 years (?) but he never performed live with them

Brain: 6 years (2000-2006 but he worked in the studio i suppose for a little after that)

Frank Ferrer: 9 years

:lol::frank:

Frank is GN'R :headbang:

:P

I met a friend of his daughter before.

I met his grandmothers uncles friends before.

Even though he might be in GNR the longest time as a drummer, but you have to see what he even contributed, its not his fault that he dint get a chance, but its pretty hard to see who the hell played which drum part on CD cause like there are 3 drummers on one song and there are 10 people who have done the drum arrangement