Richard and Dizzy on GN'R new album

I just read this interview with Richard and Dizzy for this french magazine. They're talking about the Dead Daisies and at the end of GnR.

http://www.verdammnis.com/interviews.php?id=107

Q: What does the DD bring you as a plus compared to the GNR ?
Richard Fortus : I feel a lot freer with the DD compared to the GNR.
Q: How much will you be involved in the creation process of the new GNR album ? Have you written new stuff ? How's it going ?
Richard Fortus : Definitely going to be involved. There's so much stuf that was done. I mean, there's two or three albums' worth of material, seriously ! We've all been handing files back and forth to one another. We so look forward to getting at it seriously and release a new album as soon as possible.
Dizzy Reed : It's good stuf ! Tat will come out awesome. When will it come out ? We just don't know it yet. Only Axl knows and he's very secretive. Be patient !
:axl: :4tus:
Edited by Silent Jay

i dont know why you guys want this new album so bad

everyone knows that the guy will release it when he wants to, and he certainly doesn't listen to anyone let alone anyone on this forum

instead of waiting you can just forget about it then it will come when it does, whats the big deal? :shrugs:

• Like 2

Only Axl knows and he's very secretive.

^Pretty much says it all.

It says GNR is not a band but Axl's solo project and also that he doesn't care about his hired musicians. Then again, they seem to be ok with being hired hands so I guess it works for them. Still a pathetic situation, specially knowing that there are fans out there claiming this is a real band as in, the other guys have some input over what happens. And Axl wanted Slash and Duff to be part of this stupid project? Sure, Axl... sure.

Richard and Dizzy, I like you guys, but you are not just fucking idiots but you are spineless fucking idiots to put up with this shit at this point. Dizwald especially. Almost 25 years in the band and you have zero say and zero knowledge what the fuck is going on. That is pathetic.

Only Axl knows and he's very secretive.

^Pretty much says it all.

It says GNR is not a band but Axl's solo project and also that he doesn't care about his hired musicians. Then again, they seem to be ok with being hired hands so I guess it works for them. Still a pathetic situation, specially knowing that there are fans out there claiming this is a real band as in, the other guys have some input over what happens. And Axl wanted Slash and Duff to be part of this stupid project? Sure, Axl... sure.

To be honest I think the number of idiots foolhardy enough to claim this deformed entity constitutes a band is down to double digits at this point.

I love Axl's work, think he's capable of being one of the best of all time and respect his torturous creative process to some degree, but without someone shoving their foot in his ass he amounts to less than nothing. He's spent the last several years systematically replacing all ass-kicking feet with ass-kissing lips and now we see what happens when Axl has everything his own way. Stagnation, deterioration and the squandering of his last few years as a viable artist. It's a fucking disgrace.

• Like 1

If Fortus is right, and there are 2 to 3 albums worth of material that means like... 30 to 36 songs at least. Not that unlikely imo.

2016 is probably the year, if everything goes well and Axl is in a good mood. I guess it can always get delayed until 2020 though.

Don't rush it.

I hope Axl's essays will make it this time and the booklet won't be fucked like last time.

Edited by Rovim

What else can I say at this point?

Groundhog days

Indeed. Good movie too. Should be redone as Groundhog Day: Chinese Democracy. Bill Murray is GnRs manager and will relive the day until he finds the way to get the album to be released.

• Like 2

If Fortus is right, and there are 2 to 3 albums worth of material that means like... 30 to 36 songs at least. Not that unlikely imo.

2016 is probably the year, if everything goes well and Axl is in a good mood. I guess it can always get delayed until 2020 though.

Don't rush it.

I hope Axl's essays will make it this time and the booklet won't be fucked like last time.

No, Fortus doesn´t know jackshit! He has been saying the same bullshit for the last 5 years. All he knows is they handed files, a file is not an album. He doesn´t know what Axl has done with it. Dizzy said it loud and clear they don´t know because Axl keeps thing secret. Is this a rock band or the fuckin´ CIA?

And it is sad these guys don´t have a sense of shame nor an ounce of dignity to tell Axl to fuck off

• Like 2

Don't rush it.

No, Fortus doesn´t know jackshit! He has been saying the same bullshit for the last 5 years. All he knows is they handed files, a file is not an album. He doesn´t know what Axl has done with it. Dizzy said it loud and clear they don´t know because Axl keeps thing secret. Is this a rock band or the fuckin´ CIA?

And it is sad these guys don´t have a sense of shame nor an ounce of dignity to tell Axl to fuck off

Axl has talked about 32 songs as early as 2006. (including chinese) Many people have said they've heard a lot of unreleased material.

Edited by Rovim

The band members themselves are saying that they are much more freer in their other projects and the man who is the band since 1990 and has been loyal is himself saying that only Axl knows and you people still call this a band where only one man controls everyone and the others have no say?

I wonder what Fortus will say in his interview in 2016......

The band members themselves are saying that they are much more freer in their other projects and the man who is the band since 1990 and has been loyal is himself saying that only Axl knows and you people still call this a band where only one man controls everyone and the others have no say?

People just should know who's the boss and respect that.

You look more upset than them ...

Of course this is a band ... that's a fact. In the early days they called themselves "a gang" ... do you know what is a gang? There's a leader in every gang ...

So, nothing's new ... "same shit, different DJ" !!!]xD

can't wait ...

That's too bad. Waiting is all you're gonna do.

I'm very patient :)

Edited by GUNNER PT

I wonder what Fortus will say in his interview in 2016......

Yeah the band of brothers ended with the fame. Too much pressure. Not every band rockets like that.

But is Megadeth or NIN not a band cos one guy calls the shots.

I think it's more that Axl has more of an infamous need for control. Its a story. It's not meant to be his band kind of thing. Not that it's not a band cos he calls the shots. Iced Earth are pretty much a dictatorship too.

People just should know who's the boss and respect that.

People know Axl is the boss. He's not a real leader but yeah, he's the boss. What do you mean by respect it? Are you saying people shouldn't "judge" or criticize a leader for their actions?

You look more upset than them ...

I truly believe that what Axl's employees say and what they really think are two completely different things. Fans have the right to be upset, don't they? I mean, one album in 20+ years...

Of course this is a band ... that's a fact. In the early days they called themselves "a gang" ... do you know what is a gang? There's a leader in every gang ...

So, nothing's new ... "same shit, different DJ" !!!]xD

No, this is a solo project, "and that's a fact" (gotta love this sentence, tks Internet). Why did you bring up the old days? It was a completely different band and even if Axl was the leader back then, he's a completely different person today. Nothing is new as in this is still Axl's solo project, his hired hands have no idea of what happens and have no power to change things. It obviously isn't a real band. Do you call Bruce Springsteen a band? Honest question.

I don't get your "same shit, different DJ" thing... Are you comparing Ashba to Slash? Because I really want to think you're not t.rolling. (you probably are, as always).

Edited by maynard