Good GNR/Slash/VR/Guns-related songs that never get talked about.

Everything on Spaghetti incedent, the band just sound great. Love how Guns can turn songs that you wouldn't have given a second listen into something awesome, like Human Being (previously mentioned). I think 95% of Guns songs are great though.

I can't really think of a good answer to the question though.

Nobody ever talks about Mother Maria. And that's an absolute shame.

Agreed

One of my fav hidden gems from Slash

GNR: Dead Horse: i rarely see DH get mentioned here or anywhere these times... Strange, because they have a good video for the song,

Think About You: i don't really see on any topics lately that mention this song... it's a blast from the past, of course not their greatest song, but it's somewhat different than the song on AFD structure wisse

Velvet Revolver: Come on Come In: it could be a great modern GNR track, imho if Axl laid some ideas, the song would have been a hit... anyway this is the most catchies VR song, imho

Jesus christ I'm actually gonna talk about GNR. Hm. I'm gonna repeat some that others have said, deal with it. I'd say all of these deserve more love (at risk of not realizing some of them already do):

You Ain't the First

Right Next Door To Hell

Superhuman

Illegal i Song

BIg Machine

Get Out The Door

Just Sixteen

You're Crazy (hybrid Live Era version)

Dust n' Bones

And I know it doesn't really count, but some of VR's versions of Sex Type Thing (specifically Download and Rock Am Ring) from 2007 are fucking awesome.

Funny thing is, all of these songs (except maybe YATF) were my favs when i first get into GNR/VR and played them regularly over and over after i quit AFD for a while to discover the UYI's and VR (happened around the same time)

The Last Fight is one of my favorite songs ever, though Slash is the weakest link there. I have a suspicion it's pretty much entirely Scott's song.

This. Seems like most VR fans on this board hate it.

That song alone saves Libertad for me

You're Crazy (Lies)

Bad Apples. Garden of Eden

14 Years. Pretty Tied Up

Black Leather. I Don't Care About You

Psycho Killer. Pills, Demons, Etc.

Nothing to Say. We're All Gonna Die

Spot On

Although i don't really like Bad Apples or I Don't Care About You, the others are regularly played when i'm on a GNR session (every song ffrom this thread are included)

Psycho Killer is great and We're all gonna die is the fun song i want from Slash with a great vocalist

I would go that far to say: Pretty Tied Up is the best song on the UYI's after YCBM and Locomotive, ties with 14 years

Holy shit what a great thread this is, i started to feel that i'm on a GNR fan forum

You know it's good when you are talking about your fav deep cuts

Also Anything Goes is the weakest song on AFD but i absolutely LOVE it, i dunno why, lol

Same with Out'ta Get Me, one of the best songs on AFD for me

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1