Good GNR/Slash/VR/Guns-related songs that never get talked about.

Guns:
You Ain't The First
- A criminally overlooked gem from UYI 1. They pull off this bluesy Stones-esque pastiche very convincingly.
Bad Obsession - Great track which often gets ratted on. Brilliant harmonica and slide guitar and fun performance from Axl.

Velvet Revolver:
For A Brother
- Really poignant lyrics about Scott's brother who died from an overdose. A great single-note riff in the verses and an insanely catchy chorus.

Superhuman - Simple but superb riff from Slash, great track rarely discussed on Contraband

Slash:
Saint Is A Sinner Too
- Probably the best track from his first solo album, never seems to get a mention
Lifes Sweet Drug - Great, riff-driven track, really miss this type riff-driven bluesy-rock approach from Slash.

Edited by Towelie

I think a lot of the Illusions stuff deserves more mention.

RNDTH, DnB, PC, YAtF, DTJ, The Garden, GoE, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, 14 Years, Breakdown, Locomotive. Love all of those.

We talk about You're Crazy acoustic, but it's still underrated.

• Like 2

I think a lot of the Illusions stuff deserves more mention.

RNDTH, DnB, PC, YAtF, DTJ, The Garden, GoE, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, 14 Years, Breakdown, Locomotive. Love all of those.

We talk about You're Crazy acoustic, but it's still underrated.

I agree, I love Illusions. The only tunes I skip are the ones that have been so overplayed over the years, like KOHD. I still listen to it sometimes. But all in all, I've always been a big illusions fan.

Yeah I agree. 14 Years and Dust N Bones are probably the most underrated Illusion songs. I love them both.

Out Ta Get Me is called a filler by some people but to me it's a fucking great song

VR: I would say Sucker Train Blues. Awesome opener with great solo.

Slash: Crucify The Dead and Halo. Both very good tracks with amazing guitar solos

Back and Forth Again

Dime Store Rock

Soma City Ward

Agree with the acoustic version of You're Crazy and Mother Maria

Guns:

You Ain't The First - A criminally overlooked gem from UYI 1. They pull off this bluesy Stones-esque pastiche very convincingly.

Bad Obsession - Great track which often gets ratted on. Brilliant harmonica and slide guitar and fun performance from Axl.

Velvet Revolver:

For A Brother - Really poignant lyrics about Scott's brother who died from an overdose. A great single-note riff in the verses and an insanely catchy chorus.

Superhuman - Simple but superb riff from Slash, great track rarely discussed on Contraband

Slash:

Saint Is A Sinner Too - Probably the best track from his first solo album, never seems to get a mention

Lifes Sweet Drug - Great, riff-driven track, really miss this type riff-driven bluesy-rock approach from Slash.

Totally love For a Brother. I sing it, loudly, at home. The bit where he sings about "flying "is gorgeous. I like You Ain't The First too. Slouchy and lazy. Love that.

Breakdown

Mary Mary

Bad Rain

I love Mary Mary too. Really catchy. I also know a Mary and it makes me think of her, though I don't think she wears the leather garments as mentioned in the song.

• Like 1

Jesus christ I'm actually gonna talk about GNR. Hm. I'm gonna repeat some that others have said, deal with it. I'd say all of these deserve more love (at risk of not realizing some of them already do):

You Ain't the First

Right Next Door To Hell

Superhuman

Illegal i Song

BIg Machine

Get Out The Door

Just Sixteen

You're Crazy (hybrid Live Era version)

Dust n' Bones

And I know it doesn't really count, but some of VR's versions of Sex Type Thing (specifically Download and Rock Am Ring) from 2007 are fucking awesome.

Breakdown, Bad Apples, and Dead Horse rock. I always loved those tunes, ever since I first heard them.

Contraband is top to bottom great. Headspace and Loving the Alien are my favorites. I really liked Matts drumming on this album.

The Last Fight is one of my favorite songs ever, though Slash is the weakest link there. I have a suspicion it's pretty much entirely Scott's song.

• Like 1

Beautiful Dangerous is great.

It is a great track. I really didn't want to like it, what with it having that slag from the Black Eyed Peas on it, but I can't help it. I particularly love Slash's little lead motif he plays over the chorus and in the outro.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

Beautiful Dangerous is great.

It is a great track. I really didn't want to like it, what with it having that slag from the Black Eyed Peas on it, but I can't help it. I particularly love Slash's little lead motif he plays over the chorus and in the outro.

Agreed.

It is an awesome song and very underrated. I love Axl's voice in Bad Obsession.

Black Leather is an awesome, sleazy rocker by Guns (even if it's a cover), yet barely anyone really talks about it.

Bad Apples is one of the funnest Illusions numbers and quite clever lyrically with a nice funky groove.

Bad Obsessions has the 'swing' so many say they missed on the Illusions and is just a wonderful Stonesy rocker.

Anything Goes gets so much hate, but it's a fun sexy dumb '70s Aerosmith style ditty.

VR:

Big Machine was a nice track.

Duff:

All of Believe in Me is underrated big time.

Gilby:
Again, most of Pawnshop Guitars is criminally overlooked or underrated.