Cruising (gay movie with Al Pacino)

IZZYISGNR

I saw this in the movie theatre. I'm a huge Pacino fan.

I also lived in NY so I knew where that Ramrod club was in the city. lol

Anyway, good film. Showed how the gays were treated back in the 70's.

I remember being a little confused by the ending. Was Pacino realizing he was gay? I recently watched it on cable and it looked like he may have been questioning his sexuality there in the end of the movie.

Also it looked like the cops got the wrong killer.

Can you let me know what you think since I'm still a little confused by the ending.

on the dvd, friedkin explained that there are several killers, and yes, pacino realizes that he's gay (or bisexual). he becomes more distant with his girlfriend and enjoys being in those bars.

good movie.

Okay, thanks for answering my questions.

Yeah, I was wondering if they got the right killer since there was another murder at the end.

Great movie. Very dark and Pacino was excellent.

• Like 1

on the dvd, friedkin explained that there are several killers, and yes, pacino realizes that he's gay (or bisexual). he becomes more distant with his girlfriend and enjoys being in those bars.

good movie.

Okay, thanks for answering my questions.

Yeah, I was wondering if they got the right killer since there was another murder at the end.

Great movie. Very dark and Pacino was excellent.

Yes, the atmosphere is very special. This is a review that is spot-on imo :

The film features both Burns' and the killer's point of view. Or perhaps that should be killers', because there is some suggestion of more than one murderer. Indeed, there is a lot of ambiguity in this film, which the director (Friedkin) enhanced by having different actors play the murderer in different scenes - actors who a few scenes earlier were themselves playing victims. All this serves to disorientate the audience.

For some, the point of this film will not be the characters or plot, but rather the sense of atmosphere that the film creates. New York as the 70's gave way to the 80's had a distinctive air of decay and menace, but also of excitement, and this is nicely captured in Cruising. The scenes in Central Park are bathed in emerald green light and take place under bridges and in woodland glades, lending them a strangely fairytale feel.

Pacino rarely gives a bad performance, and this is no exception. He is joined by a mixed bag of fellow actors, some of whom went on to rather less high profile careers.

A highly original, unsettling film - for adults.