Ozzy is removing Bill Ward from Old Sabbath photos

Słash

Yeah, funny how Sharon and Ozzy's version of history differs completely from everybody else that was there- Bob, Lee, Don Airey, Tommy Aldridge, (not sure about Rudy Sarzo?), Jake E Lee, Phil Soussan...the bloke who played keyboards on Diary (forget his name) and had to take them to court to get paid...I watched that GOD BLESS OZZY OSBOURNE doco and nearly wet myself with how much bullshit it contains.

It's a real "history is written by the winners" thing, they're household names now so they can shout the loudest.

Truth be told, as soon as Sharon came on the scene she set about breaking up that awesome band (Blizzard Of Ozz) as her first task.

Edited by DR DOOM

Ozzy is a walking bunch of reiterated anecdotes. You know as soon as he begins talking that he will get to the 'Alamo one', and the 'one with the bat'' and ''the one with him dressing in Sharon's clothes''.....

Well he can't talk about what he wrote the lyrics about, because that's always been somebody else's job.

Ozzy is a charismatic guy and has been the ultimate "classic metal" singer and frontman in his day but his day is long gone.

Sad as it is, it might worked to our advantage that Randy died when he did. I always get nervous about how he would have been treated had he lived. Think about it: on those two albums he was really being touted as the next big thing. Maybe even overshadowing Ozzy. I guess its possible it became an Axl/Slash, Jagger/Richards, Osbourne/Iommi situation, but you never know. He might have been forced into staying with Ozzy (who he was thinking of leaving) or worse Sharon might have ruined his career in some way. You never know what she's thinking. Almost better he died and lives with the praise and now Ozzy and Sharon can speak highly of him because he is no longer a threat.

• Like 1

Sad as it is, it might worked to our advantage that Randy died when he did. I always get nervous about how he would have been treated had he lived. Think about it: on those two albums he was really being touted as the next big thing. Maybe even overshadowing Ozzy. I guess its possible it became an Axl/Slash, Jagger/Richards, Osbourne/Iommi situation, but you never know. He might have been forced into staying with Ozzy (who he was thinking of leaving) or worse Sharon might have ruined his career in some way. You never know what she's thinking. Almost better he died and lives with the praise and now Ozzy and Sharon can speak highly of him because he is no longer a threat.

That's really depressing to think about, but you've got a really great point.
  • Like 1

I agree, and I have no doubt he would be persona non grata like Daisley and Kerslake.

When he died, Randy had already come to the agreement he would do the live Sabbath album (under duress) and one more studio album and that was it.

• Like 1

It's hard to know what Randy would have done as time went on and money came in, he might have done an instrumental album and a club tour, he was also frustrated that he was ripping a few things off from Eddie Van Halen for the live shows because they had been Sunset Strip rivals a few years prior.

I agree, and I have no doubt he would be persona non grata like Daisley and Kerslake.

When he died, Randy had already come to the agreement he would do the live Sabbath album (under duress) and one more studio album and that was it.

100% agree.

They're real late to that party.

Also, Bill asked for him not be featured on the website or social media. Not fanboying, but don't blame the other band members when it's not their decision.

Bill asked for his image to be removed from promotion for 13 and these latest tours.

I know, that's what I'm saying.

What Bill asked for and what "they" have done are two different things though, right?

"Which brings up another side issue, of course, where, as you probably may have noticed, my name and likeness has been gradually disappearing from BLACK SABBATH. And the claims, on their behalf — not necessarily the band again — but the claims have been that it was me that asked for my name and likeness to be deleted, which is a complete fucking lie and complete bullshit. I've never asked for anything like that. I asked for my name and likeness to be deleted from the promotional posters that could have been misleading to the fans. I don't like misleading people, and I like to be honest and transparent. So that's why it came out."

Oh shit...

here we go again

It seems to me that Axl and Slash maybe reunite earlier than these old fools

Another money hungry nanny jumps in

sigh