X men and Fantasic Four Crossover

Słash

• 1 month later...

The fantastic four are sort of like Marvels green lantern They are huge in the comic world, and have tons of fans, but the general public just isn't really on board with them. Which with the market being over saturated with super hero films, I'm not really surprised this is the turd of the bunch. The only thing that really bothers me about these fantastic four films is that silver surfer and galactus are probably still owned by Fox. Those are two characters (along with Wolverine) that belong in the mcu.

I will wait until Fantastic Four is released. It can't be worse than the originals.

Funny you should say that...

I'll be honest, I never expected the movie to receive the level of vitriol it's getting. I guess we've grown accustomed to the Marvel era where most films at least get decent reviews, we almost kind of take it for granted, but the reviews for Fantastic 4 are reminding me of the pre-Dark Knight/Iron Man era where comic book films were more often than not critically savaged. 9% on Rotten Tomatoes... I mean that's Batman & Robin level bad, except from all accounts, at least Batman & Robin was deliberately campy and didn't take itself as seriously as Fantastic 4. B&R is a horrible film but infectiously so, it's at least somewhat fun to watch and make fun of, but I feel like Fantastic 4 just looks absolutely dreary and dismal and sad. I don't think I'll ever watch it.

I think Hollywood is getting carried away with all the super hero movies now.

Can't anyone write a good movie script without going to comics for ideas?

Someone needs to come up with a very different and very scary horror movie. Something no one has thought of full of suspense and horror that will scare the shit out of you.

It's the same old same old.

I like action movies, but it seems there are a million super heros out there and all of them get a movie. it's too much.

I hate when people complain about Superhero movies. There are a TON of other movies that get made and are great, original movies (While We're Young is a nice, recent example), but Superhero movies just get more attention. Yeah, there's like 20-some coming out in the next few years, but compile a list of other movies that are original movies or book adaptations and see how many there are. Regardless, for the most part, most of the Superhero movies are very good and well received too. The latest X-Men movies are some of the best Superhero movies made.

Except this. This just looked bad from the start.

All that said, I hope they don't mix my beloved X-Men with the shit.

I had pretty much no interest in the Fantastic 4 movie but now with the horrible reviews I have no interest at all. So much so I intentionally watched a review that was loaded with spoilers. Safe to say this is a movie I will never see. An X-Men / Fantastic 4 cross over would be a total disservice to X-men.

I had pretty much no interest in the Fantastic 4 movie but now with the horrible reviews I have no interest at all. So much so I intentionally watched a review that was loaded with spoilers. Safe to say this is a movie I will never see. An X-Men / Fantastic 4 cross over would be a total disservice to X-men.

I almost have more interest in it now. :lol: Even though I said I'll probably never watch it, part of me is curious to see if it's truly as bad as they're making it out to be, or if it's a kind of collective pile-on.

I have no doubt it's a bad movie, but the Internet has had a weird crazed anger towards it since it was announced, and even if the Trank rumours are true (I think where there's smoke there's fire), the vitriol directed towards him is very rare, and perhaps things have been blown slightly out of proportion. There have been other enfant terrible directors who never received so much Internet attention and scorn. It seems like people early on decided they didn't like him and what he was doing with the series (black Johnny Storm, for example), and I think it may be a case of a mediocre movie where group think and pre-formed opinions start exaggerations and hyperbole. But I'm not saying I think it's a good movie -- and hey, maybe it really IS as bad as they're claiming it to be. I just think there's a possibility it could be closer to mediocre than awful.

Why the fuck do they have to make DR DOOM not Victor Von Doom from Latveria?

The whole story is fucking ridiculous, singling Doom out for change is just retarded and (here I go again) change for the sake of change.

Why do they always fuck with Doom??? Poor guy can't catch a break. ?

• Like 1

I just watched it tonight. That movie is a complete asshole.

I can't figure out who the target audience is. No teens, young adults, or action fans are going to like the first 80 minutes. And then the big fight is really lame and boring as well.

The first hour of the movie could literally have been cut down to 15-20 minutes.

Fantastic Four is really poor. Don't waste your money.

Still tempted to go see this.. :awesomeface:

I feel like I have too now. Before it opened I would've only gone for Teller, but now it's an official catastrophe on all fronts I'm genuinely compelled to peruse the wreckage. :lol:

So true! :tongue2:

I think I'm suffering super hero movie overkill and I need this to cleanse the palate. :lol:

Saw it.

It was Marvel-lite..felt like it was made for 12 year old boys.

I've seen enough tv Marvel/DC tv series and Dolph Lundgren/Punisher type movies over the years to know that this isn't the worst super hero fare I've seen,

I wasn't that much less engaged than I was for Ant Man tbh.

Guardians has been a hard act to follow, and nothing has matched it yet (for me).