Amusing Annotations on Rap Genius

magisme

Anyone ever bum around this site and read the comments on lyrics? Sometimes it's enlightening. Sometimes it's hilarious.

From ODB's "Baby C'mon":

Lyrics:

Thinking is he really raw as he said he'd be

If I wasn't really raw, standing here on the floor
You'd be like BOOOOO HE AIN'T NO HARDCORE
Rap Genius Annotation:
If ODB’s rapping style wasn’t as raw as he claims, you would boo him and tell him he isn’t hardcore.
From Pac's "Ambitionz Az a Ridah":
Lyrics:
My attitude was "fuck it", cause motherfuckers love it
Rap Genius Annotation:
Pac knew that fans loved his “I just dont give a fuck” attitude, so he made that his public persona
Although everybody loves what Pac does, G’s don’t do things because motherfuckers love them. Contrarily, a G does whatever the fuck he feels like regardless if motherfuckers love it or not
Edited by magisme

That websites hilairious, they do begin to elaborate on some ridiculous shit, don't they? I remember reading their take on Fish by Ghost and the first line goes 'we eat fish, tossed salads and make rap ballads' and their thing goes 'could be referring to multiple types of oral sex', uh, excuse me? :lol: And then it goes off on one talkin' about 'they could also be referring to fishscale and copious amounts of cocaine', so uh, Ghost eats cocaine? :lol: You've not thought this through have you Rap Genius? Or over thought this through :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Em - Way I Am

"I sit back with this pack of zig-zags and this bag of this weed

it gives me the shit needed to be the meanest mc on this Earth"

At the time Eminem was under the influence of drugs when writing his raps. The drugs helped him remain focused on his penmanship.

• Like 1

:lol:

From Meth's verse in The What?:

"Looking cold-booty like your pussy in December"

“Cold” is usually a good thing (it implies “ice” i.e. diamonds) but “cold-booty” — the opposite of “hot” — means “sucks”
Meanwhile, a pussy in December is literally “cold booty” (“booty” usually means rear-end, but it could mean anything that you can make love to)

Lol @ a pussy in December is literally cold booty (booty usually means rear-end, but it could mean anything you can make love to)

Snoop - Gin & Juice

"I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too"

Rubbers are condoms. Snoop and other rappers advocate condom usage in order to prevent getting "burned" by a bitch (gets pregnant/gives you an std)

"G's up ho's down while you motherfuckers bounce to this"

G could stand for guy or gangster here, who are on top of the girls during sex and bouncing to Snoop's music.

This site is hilarious.

Lol @ a pussy in December is literally cold booty (booty usually means rear-end, but it could mean anything you can make love to)

Snoop - Gin & Juice

"I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too"

Rubbers are condoms. Snoop and other rappers advocate condom usage in order to prevent getting "burned" by a bitch (gets pregnant/gives you an std)

"G's up ho's down while you motherfuckers bounce to this"

G could stand for guy or gangster here, who are on top of the girls during sex and bouncing to Snoop's music.

This site is hilarious.

Thats gotta be the best one yet! :lol:

Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day.

"I gotta go cause I got me a drop top, and if I hit the switch I can make the ass drop"

Ice Cube has to go for a drive because his car is so dope. It's a convertible (drop-top) lowrider, when Ice Cube engages the hydraulics he can lower the rear (ass) closer to the ground.

"pulled out the jammy and killed the punani, and my dick runs deep, so deep, so deep put her ass to sleep"

He pulled out his jammy (penis) and put it deep enough into her punani (Jamaican for vagina) to cut off the blood pressure to her fanny.

"saw the police and they rolled right past me"

A very uncommon occurrence for the police to just drive past a black male driving a car that's hooked up with hydraulics.

"took another sip of the potion hit the three wheel motion"

Ice Cube drinks some kind of potent alcohol , and his aforementioned lowrider is able to balance on three wheels while driving around a turn.

• Like 1

Pretty much any annotation on a Death Grips song is pure gold.

"Wake up raging, call a taxi
Take me to the nearest city- "He woke up feeling badly (probably drunk) and wanted a taxi to come and take him to the nearest city"
Cell light up yeah get at me - "He’s getting a text."
Make it quick though blood, I'm busy - "Make the call quick. Blood refers to a fellow gang member, used by members of the Bloods to mean something like “bro” (as in blood-brothers). It’s spread further than the gang and is used colloquially."

And that's not even touching the people who think they're internet philosophers on some of their weirder shit.