remember how dope this was?

Jeez this was almost 10 years ago!? Wow it doesn't seem that long ago when I was a young one lurking on these forums and watching these videos and mystified by the whole Chinese Democracy "myth" as it was back then. If only the Axl Rose of 2006 could appear once again

• Like 2

I think I was just about to start high school when that happened, but I miss those days. I was actually excited that the band had a new guitarist, and this strange Chinese Democracy saga seemed like it was nearing an end, and they GNR was about to be a regular band again. Fuck.

"Here I am, You're a Rocket Queen oh yeah, Hey take that, take that, now get that guy and take that, ILL TAKE IT GOD DAMMIT, Thanks to the lame ass security, Im GOING HOME" - William Bailey Axl Rose JR.

No RQ for me on May 12th.

That 1st night was absolutely magical.

I remember bounding up the stairs of the Hammerstein Ballroom to get to "Mezz 2."

The ballroom itself was beautiful. The ornate detail in its high domed ceiling was gorgeous.

The place was absolute pandemonium from start to finish that night.

the 1st live performances of Better, TWAT, and IRS. (TWAT that night was my fav. of the new performances...Axl's ending to that song was so awesome. I'll never forget that.)

There were rumors of Bumblefoot, but nobody knew WHO was replacing Bucket that night.

It was great meeting up with GNR fans at Mustang Harry's b4 the show.

Great memories.

It was just another attempted relaunch, just like 01, and 02, and 09. You knew it would crash and burn eventually.

If the classic lineup & illusion era lineups crashed & burned, it was going to be hard to maintain any lineup in the years you mentioned above. I'm glad & thankful we have had on/off a semi functioning Guns N' Roses although when your visiting the four corners of the world on tour because that's the most profitable way of being an established act these days. Regardless if regular joe think's it's an endless cash grab tour and your promoting your last album release and showcasing GNR to new fans, fans of the album, classic fans & rock music fans in an era where rock music's future is't as Rosey as it once was. Would we be engaged in endless topics about GnR if Axl had halted all guns activity when slash & duff parted ways? All the GnR related forums, rock music magazines would run an endless reunion worshipping groups clinging on to 1985-1993 Gun's N' Roses, you either go in a different direction musically knowing the lineup changes mean changing the music style because of changes in the bands dynamics or you make 12 Appetites and have a theme of being a tough, gritty band who write about hard times when your living in your mansions & driving fast cars and are no where near being hungry as when you made it because your no longer starving and moving place to place. Personally I am a fan of Axl's Chinese Democracy vision and can't wait to hear what he does next musically and what music remains from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

• Like 1

It was just another attempted relaunch, just like 01, and 02, and 09. You knew it would crash and burn eventually.

Nah.

If you went back to that night and told me this is where we would be in 2015, I would have NEVER believed you.

• Like 1

Nah.

If you went back to that night and told me this is where we would be in 2015, I would have NEVER believed you.

Seriously. I thought Axl was back for good and going to be releasing albums from there on like a functioning artist again. Goddamn....he did more promo for that tour than he did when CD came out. Album should have been out in '06.

Nah.

Seriously. I thought Axl was back for good and going to be releasing albums from there on like a functioning artist again. Goddamn....he did more promo for that tour than he did when CD came out. Album should have been out in '06.

I imagine that was the plan. I've always believed that every time there were leaks Axl changed the songs so that the final release wouldn't be what had already been heard, even still though it shouldn't have taken until '08.

If the classic lineup & illusion era lineups crashed & burned, it was going to be hard to maintain any lineup in the years you mentioned above.

Yeah, that was sort of the deal at the time too, you may want to believe, but at the same time you wonder how long it's gonna last this time.

If the classic lineup & illusion era lineups crashed & burned, it was going to be hard to maintain any lineup in the years you mentioned above.

Yeah, that was sort of the deal at the time too, you may want to believe, but at the same time you wonder how long it's gonna last this time.

True. To hell with the pressure..I'm not caving in!

i was in my senior year of high school and stayed up all night for the updates.

that shitty cellphone footage was one of the first snippets we got...and i remember playing it over, and over, and over again. back then, of course, it took ten times as long to load.

it was a good time to be a GN'R fan.

i've always felt rocket queen was a strangely cathartic song in its outro, and that clip sort of epitomized it for all of us who had waited so long.