We NEED A NEW SONG this year, how much would you pay?

I love you guys and reading pointless thread after pointless thread makes me wonder why you amazing guys even bother? This is a band we all love and we deserve to be discussing the MUSIC. Not the speculation of music. It's like 1998 all over again.

We need a leak. Just something. 30 Seconds, A minute. A full track. Whatever it is. Something MUSICAL for us to talk about and get excited about. I think we can all agree that ANY track with Axl and Co on it would excite us to no end. We've all accepted the fact that we're not going to get something that sounds AFD again, and that's ok. I'm willing to be we all love and appreciate Chinese D for what it was.

2-3 albums worth of material recorded during that era. WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY? Just give us something team Brazil. Again, doesn't have to be a full tune, just something. A damn chorus. A solo. Something!

Many of you know me and I'm not one to just sit around and wait year after year for music. I'd love to help new GNR get some of its relevance back by inking deals / partnerships with this band. Every time I see a summer blockbuster movie with no track from Guns it depresses me.

But hey...they can do what they want. But for heaven's sake, will somebody, anybody out there SHARE SOMETHING WITH US!!!!

All these band members trading files...How about one of you have a heart and stop waiting for the boss to tell you you can be a man...how about one of you actually act like a rebel rock star and give us a freaking morsel?

My favorite time waiting for Chinese D was around 2006. Why? Because us DIEHARDS had a few leaked tracks and nobody else did. People were oblivious. But the fans had it. The fans could rock out. The fans had something to go on.

We need that now, in 2015. Chinese Democracy was 7 years ago! 7 years without a single new sound from GNR. That needs to end this year. Who's gonna help us fans out? Will it be you Ashba? Or how about you Dizzy? Fortus? Or better yet...Axl! Come on man...What's a 30 second clip going to do? I'll donate the money to charity and you will at least have given us something! And when it's ready, we're all gonna buy it, love it and see you tour. But this year, more than most, we really need just a little bit more to hang on. Thanks! Let's do this!

Kaneda

Admin edit-

We need to make clear that we cannot condone or facilitate any illegal transmission of copyright materials. This thread/conversation should be treated as hypothetical in nature. Thank you!

• Like 4

Yup. It's been 7 years since ChiDem and other than Going Down and remix leaks we haven't heard a new track in 9 years. It's getting painful.

I'll happily donate to the "leak piggy bank" if necessary.

Edited by MrSoftie

I couldn't agree more man. So sick of the following topics:

- When did Axl lose his rasp

- Reunion

- Some band member saying next year

- Anyone seen Axl in public?

Look, we're the biggest fans and we deserve something. We're not asking for a lot. Just a slice of the pie. Not even a whole slice. Surely they can leak something small for us. And I'm really calling on the band members to stop being pussies and share something with us. They are grown men in their 50's and they act like they can't share a little of the secret sauce with us. No fans deserve just a little bit more than GNR fans. Come on guys!

I couldn't agree more man. So sick of the following topics:

- When did Axl lose his rasp

- Reunion

- Some band member saying next year

- Anyone seen Axl in public?

Look, we're the biggest fans and we deserve something. We're not asking for a lot. Just a slice of the pie. Not even a whole slice. Surely they can leak something small for us. And I'm really calling on the band members to stop being pussies and share something with us. They are grown men in their 50's and they act like they can't share a little of the secret sauce with us. No fans deserve just a little bit more than GNR fans. Come on guys!

Just because leaks happened once, doesn't mean it'll ever happen again. It's not commonplace for rock bands to have unreleased music leaked onto the internet two years before an album is out.

I'd like to see it happen as much as the next fan, but I'm afraid we'll have to wait until an album comes out to hear anything new, that's if it ever does.

Edited by Towelie

Im not gonna pay $500 for a song which was recorded more than 15 years ago, even this thread is pointless, IF it has to leak, then it will leak, IF axl wants to get up from his lazy ass and release some stuff by 2020, then he will release it, otherwise he won't. Aren't you the guy who said that the album will definitely release in 2015 and then later on said sorry it won't.

I see your frustration, even I used to be frustrated like you back in 2002, I kept on waiting and waiting, so really bro don't bother and don't get your hopes up too high.

• Like 1

I love you guys and reading pointless thread after pointless thread makes me wonder why you amazing guys even bother? This is a band we all love and we deserve to be discussing the MUSIC. Not the speculation of music. It's like 1998 all over again.

We need a leak. Just something. 30 Seconds, A minute. A full track. Whatever it is. Something MUSICAL for us to talk about and get excited about. I think we can all agree that ANY track with Axl and Co on it would excite us to no end. We've all accepted the fact that we're not going to get something that sounds AFD again, and that's ok. I'm willing to be we all love and appreciate Chinese D for what it was.

2-3 albums worth of material recorded during that era. WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY? Just give us something team Brazil. Again, doesn't have to be a full tune, just something. A damn chorus. A solo. Something!

Many of you know me and I'm not one to just sit around and wait year after year for music. I'd love to help new GNR get some of its relevance back by inking deals / partnerships with this band. Every time I see a summer blockbuster movie with no track from Guns it depresses me.

But hey...they can do what they want. But for heaven's sake, will somebody, anybody out there SHARE SOMETHING WITH US!!!!

All these band members trading files...How about one of you have a heart and stop waiting for the boss to tell you you can be a man...how about one of you actually act like a rebel rock star and give us a freaking morsel?

My favorite time waiting for Chinese D was around 2006. Why? Because us DIEHARDS had a few leaked tracks and nobody else did. People were oblivious. But the fans had it. The fans could rock out. The fans had something to go on.

We need that now, in 2015. Chinese Democracy was 7 years ago! 7 years without a single new sound from GNR. That needs to end this year. Who's gonna help us fans out? Will it be you Ashba? Or how about you Dizzy? Fortus? Or better yet...Axl! Come on man...What's a 30 second clip going to do? I'll donate the money to charity and you will at least have given us something! And when it's ready, we're all gonna buy it, love it and see you tour. But this year, more than most, we really need just a little bit more to hang on. Thanks! Let's do this!

Kaneda

we got a full leak of Going Down

Wasn't Going Down a song without Axl on vocals? That doesn't count.

Of course I want an full album, but that is not happening this year. What I am asking for is something to hold us over! A little appetizer to the main course people.

Crazy how some of you want all or nothing. That's not going to happen. So give us something!

Also, I'm not that obsessed anymore. It's fun writing in my old Kaneda style. Life is actually pretty awesome and I just want a new GN'R track when i pick up my Hellcat in August.

If I had a leak I would leak it. My inside info was that things were gonna happen this year. Then I heard nothing would happen. What has happened is this: songs have been recorded years ago. Is it too much to hear one of them?

I just think there's so much energy on this forum misdirected. If people really got together and tried different creative ways to get a new track released, I bet we could be successful.

But we shouldn't even have to do this. The band should give us something at least once a year. Again, I'm not asking for an album, just something during the down years that says thanks for being our fans, here's something to make the wait a little less painful.

I know it's never been the band's style but maybe now is the time to start treating the fans better.

Well, what could people do? Do you believe there's unreleased stuff floating around somewhere? And I don't mean Silkworms or those remixes that leaked with Going Down. Songs like omgsoepicbecauseofthetitle The General, Atlas Shrugged, etc? I find it so hard to believe there's stuff like that in someone else's hand besides Axl...

I will never spend a single dime with GNR stuff anymore so I couldn't help... But I agree with you that everything, the whole vault should leak. That would teach Axl something. His beloved work that he chooses NOT to share with his fans out there for free, now that would be something! Hopefully all his work will leak at some point and it won't suck so much as CD. I'm pretty sure there are some decent Robin/BH tunes recorded, even if only instrumentals. But then again, if Axl sings over them with his shitty CD voice, we're better off with just the instrumental versions. :)

We don't need a leak. A leak is not enough when there is a finished album in the vault. We need an official release. That's what we need.

Two finished albums!

Plus a batch of songs submitted by DJ and BBF.

At this point we don't need a leak, we need for Axl to stop hoarding and start sharing music with his millions of fans.

And it's fucking Amazing that Fernando and Co are reading all of this and not doing anything.

That's because us crazy fans......you know, the people who want to spend money on GnR music, the people that have supported Axl for 25 years, that pay hundreds to go to his concerts and buy his merchandise..........we are part of the problem. Team Brazil looks at the fans like they are the bad guys, and not the people whose money put 150 million dollars into Axl's bank account, money that Team brazil now lives off of. They see the fans as being the problem.

• Like 1

I think our best bet is a former member of the band to step forward, create a soundcloud and upload their collection of demos and whatnot to it

Someone who doesn't give a shit about pissing off Team Brazil :P

Guys let me get something straight. I'm not looking for someone to leak the vault. Or fuck over the band in any way shape or form. I'm just asking for someone to share some new GNR music with us. Doesn't even have to be a full track. Just a section. A solo. A primordial Axl scream. Something.

The band has access to Chinese D era tracks. But again. I think the right thing to do would be for Fernando to say, "Hey Axl, how about we give the fans who have been waiting so patiently 60 seconds of something unheard?" What harm would that do? It would go such a long way to create a more positive atmosphere here. It would also give us something new to discuss besides the same old garbage.

Plus a batch of songs submitted by DJ and BBF.

Actually Grogs, that never happened. The current version of the band have no original music recorded under their name. BBF used his ideas in his solo album and DJ just lied when he mentioned sending Axl demos. When Richard mentioned sending files back and forth in a new interview, he was also probably lying to have something slightly good to say regarding the future of GNR. Probably all lies.

Think about what Dizzy said: Only Axl knows about the new album and he's very secretive. The singer of your band being secretive about your work, that's just fucked up isn't it? Being secretive to the media and the fans is one thing, but to hiw own band members? I would need lots and lots of money to accept working under such conditions.