We NEED A NEW SONG this year, how much would you pay?

All the people saying "nobody gives a shit" are just coming across as passive aggressive and pissed off at the lack of new music. If you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't be posting in this thread to begin with.

• Like 1

Sixteen fucking years since End of Days and this thread made me go listen to the 16 second leak again. This shit is so fucked up.

Not to mention that in the letter accompanying Oh My God back then Axl said more than he's said in the last seven years.

All the people saying "nobody gives a shit" are just coming across as passive aggressive and pissed off at the lack of new music. If you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't be posting in this thread to begin with.

Based on what? There are people who clearly don't give a shit about Axl's music considering the disappointing and horrendous piece of shit Chinese Democracy was.

Being an "insider" or a "hoarder" is a sad loser position when it comes to Axl's band or music. There was a time when labeling yourself as the one who could provide unreleased songs or undisclosed news was effective. Everyone listened, everyone paid attention, everyone begged for what you had or what you knew. Nowadays, who gives a shit.

Being an "Insider" makes you the big joke in Axl's band and releasing unreleased music is not as the way as it used to be like you said nobody gives a shit, but if there is some music or if they have 2 or 3 unreleased songs, then they should share it, most prob. they would get caught so they are scared?

Yeah, for all I care someone could leak 'The General', and all of that 20 year old music Axl lied about. How many people will listen? A couple hundred? Most fans gave up on this band years ago.

That's the thing.

Today - leaks aren't that big of a deal anyway.

Maybe a decade ago they were. But now in the world of the internet? Nobody really cares.

And keeping leaks and trying to sell them for thousands of dollars?

What good does hoarding leaks do once the band releases the album? Then those leaks are worth zilch.

Bottom line, if Axl wasn't the biggest hoarder of all, and if he hadn't only released one album in the last 20 years - then leaks wouldn't even be an issue.

Definitely. People trying to convince 'hoarders' that they can get huge money for what they have are delusional. I feel bad for those 'ready' to throw their money away like that.

$2500 for the new Silkworms, fucking lol. I would not pay $1 even if Axl sings it in my backyard.

Oh My God on the End of Days soundtrack was apparently just a demo, so it makes sense that Axl being the perfectionist that he is would finish a complete studio version (and hide it in the vault)

The live versions of OMG from 2001 are much better also, and probably reflect the "finished" version

"finished" version? "new" OMG? This song is 20 years old, I don't care how we word it. One of the greatest bands of all time broke up, so the lead singer can go a "NEW" direction. Still waiting. Sorry, a clip of a song already released just says "i am to lazy to write new stuff"

Axl is more of a coward than a perfectionist isn't he? I mean, his last two releases are far from perfect and he released them anyway. Knowing he would be criticized he decided to hide like a chicken cheep cheep cheep chee-ee-ee-eep.

• Like 2

We are so desperate for new music that we get excited over a remake of a twenty year old song?

Come on Axl. Share music with your millions of fans. Stop hoarding those completed albums.

Make 2016 be The Year of the Fan. Share all your music with us. Give thanks for the lifestyle you live and the mansion you sleep in. 2016 - the year Axl have back to his fans.

Then from 2017-2025 you can go back into seclusion and not give a fuck about us anymore.

Just one year, that's all we ask.

Edited by Apollo

2017-2015? Does Axl have a time machine? :P If he does he's fucking up even worse than we thought.

I don't ask for shit from him, or believe in any of this 'do it for the fans' sentiment, as well intentioned as it may be. How often does Axl have to show you that he simply does not give a fuck about you or your loyalty before you finally realise he has no better nature for you to appeal to?

We all waited year after year for C.D., endured years of ridicule as promise after promise fell through and band members came and went. The deal was after C.D. there was more material ready to go and this would be the future of the band and the big payoff. You should not get to fuck with your fans like that twice in one career and still have them be your fans. This is literally the Chinese situation all over again. Guitarist leaves, we starve for a leak, no info, no sign of anything, people begging, offering to throw their wallet at hoarders.

Meanwhile you have TB looking down from their ivory tower at you guys who they regard with disgust, "Complaints complaints complaints" "Oh give one of them a phonecall with the keyboard player as long as they don't ask about new music. That ought to hold the l'il bastards" and all the ginger ninja can say "uh uh, I'm uh, looking very seriously in that regard uhhhh three hour meeting".

FOR MUSIC THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY FINISHED OVER A DECADE AGO!! Unless all these sources on that....I.e. Axl's employees/former employees who never say anything negative about him and say the same vague shit year in year out because they're on the payroll or under gag orders....gee, do you think it could be a massive exaggeration or a lie mandated by Big Red, by any chance, to cover up for the fact that there is no new music worth releasing? Can you come up with a single rational - I repeat rational - reason we haven't had one song from the 20/30+ allegedly recorded either released for download or played live in the last 7 years?

Either way, nothing is coming. This year is no different than last year. Next year will be the same. Take a deep breath.

Say it with me...you'll find it very freeing: "Axl Rose is fucking useless".

He's the boy who cried wolf. We've had "delays are everyone's fault but mine" too many times. We've had "2-3 albums" too many times. The guy is useless. He can't cut it as a productive musician/artist anymore. He knows it too. So we get the nostalgia tours - and now he can't even do those to a reasonable standard. Useless. Go home and tweet about sausages and animal rights, if that's all you're good for. But stop sending your clowns out to make promises on your behalf that will never be fulfilled so you and some fans can entertain the delusion that you're still a rock star.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 4

2017-2015? Does Axl have a time machine? :P If he does he's fucking up even worse than we thought.

I don't ask for shit from him, or believe in any of this 'do it for the fans' sentiment, as well intentioned as it may be. How often does Axl have to show you that he simply does not give a fuck about you or your loyalty before you finally realise he has no better nature for you to appeal to?

We all waited year after year for C.D., endured years of ridicule as promise after promise fell through and band members came and went. The deal was after C.D. there was more material ready to go and this would be the future of the band and the big payoff. You should not get to fuck with your fans like that twice in one career and still have them be your fans. This is literally the Chinese situation all over again. Guitarist leaves, we starve for a leak, no info, no sign of anything, people begging, offering to throw their wallet at hoarders.

Meanwhile you have TB looking down from their ivory tower at you guys who they regard with disgust, "Complaints complaints complaints" "Oh give one of them a phonecall with the keyboard player as long as they don't ask about new music. That ought to hold the l'il bastards" and all the ginger ninja can say "uh uh, I'm uh, looking very seriously in that regard uhhhh three hour meeting".

FOR MUSIC THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY FINISHED OVER A DECADE AGO!! Unless all these sources on that....I.e. Axl's employees/former employees who never say anything negative about him and say the same vague shit year in year out because they're on the payroll or under gag orders....gee, do you think it could be a massive exaggeration or a lie mandated by Big Red, by any chance, to cover up for the fact that there is no new music worth releasing? Can you come up with a single rational - I repeat rational - reason we haven't had one song from the 20/30+ allegedly recorded either released for download or played live in the last 7 years?

Either way, nothing is coming. This year is no different than last year. Next year will be the same. Take a deep breath.

IJF09VR.jpg

He's the boy who cried wolf. We've had "delays are everyone's fault but mine" too many times. We've had "2-3 albums" too many times. The guy is useless. He can't cut it as a productive musician/artist anymore. He knows it too. So we get the nostalgia tours - and now he can't even do those to a reasonable standard. Useless. Go home and tweet about sausages and animal rights, if that's all you're good for. But stop sending your clowns out to make promises on your behalf that will never be fulfilled so you and some fans can entertain the delusion that you're still a rock star.

Post of the year.

• Like 1