We NEED A NEW SONG this year, how much would you pay?

2017-2015? Does Axl have a time machine? :P If he does he's fucking up even worse than we thought.

I don't ask for shit from him, or believe in any of this 'do it for the fans' sentiment, as well intentioned as it may be. How often does Axl have to show you that he simply does not give a fuck about you or your loyalty before you finally realise he has no better nature for you to appeal to?

We all waited year after year for C.D., endured years of ridicule as promise after promise fell through and band members came and went. The deal was after C.D. there was more material ready to go and this would be the future of the band and the big payoff. You should not get to fuck with your fans like that twice in one career and still have them be your fans. This is literally the Chinese situation all over again. Guitarist leaves, we starve for a leak, no info, no sign of anything, people begging, offering to throw their wallet at hoarders.

Meanwhile you have TB looking down from their ivory tower at you guys who they regard with disgust, "Complaints complaints complaints" "Oh give one of them a phonecall with the keyboard player as long as they don't ask about new music. That ought to hold the l'il bastards" and all the ginger ninja can say "uh uh, I'm uh, looking very seriously in that regard uhhhh three hour meeting".

FOR MUSIC THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY FINISHED OVER A DECADE AGO!! Unless all these sources on that....I.e. Axl's employees/former employees who never say anything negative about him and say the same vague shit year in year out because they're on the payroll or under gag orders....gee, do you think it could be a massive exaggeration or a lie mandated by Big Red, by any chance, to cover up for the fact that there is no new music worth releasing? Can you come up with a single rational - I repeat rational - reason we haven't had one song from the 20/30+ allegedly recorded either released for download or played live in the last 7 years?

Either way, nothing is coming. This year is no different than last year. Next year will be the same. Take a deep breath.

Say it with me...you'll find it very freeing: "Axl Rose is fucking useless".

He's the boy who cried wolf. We've had "delays are everyone's fault but mine" too many times. We've had "2-3 albums" too many times. The guy is useless. He can't cut it as a productive musician/artist anymore. He knows it too. So we get the nostalgia tours - and now he can't even do those to a reasonable standard. Useless. Go home and tweet about sausages and animal rights, if that's all you're good for. But stop sending your clowns out to make promises on your behalf that will never be fulfilled so you and some fans can entertain the delusion that you're still a rock star.

I'm voting for you most improved poster of 2015. :heart:

Being an "insider" or a "hoarder" is a sad loser position when it comes to Axl's band or music. There was a time when labeling yourself as the one who could provide unreleased songs or undisclosed news was effective. Everyone listened, everyone paid attention, everyone begged for what you had or what you knew. Nowadays, who gives a shit.

At this point, I don't think anybody who has it is sitting on it to sell it or "hoard it."

I was never an insider with GnR but I was pretty close with a pretty good sized band that broke up (the lead vocals and guitarist anyways.) They shared material with me that never came out and I have no desire to share it ever. I knew they were breaking up 6 months before they announced it. I had no desire to talk about it because it was a secret and because I'm really their friend and not a leech. I don't know what their fans think because I don't go to their forums. I don't need to, if I have a question about them, I'll text them.

GnR isn't big enough to be surrounded by leeches, the people close enough to hear unreleased material probably don't think it's a big deal, and my guess is if I'm some guy that has beers with Dizzy 1-2 times a week, I don't even know these forums or this whole culture exists, let alone give a shit.

I think anybody holding shit for money has either given it up or given up on it. The General is not on somebody's hard drive just waiting for "the right price."

I'm going to wait till the next album is released and before any johnny come lately comes along saying that will be a long wait, they said the same thing about CD.

Edited by wkuk04

I'm going to wait till the next album is released and before any johnny come lately comes along saying that will be a long wait, they said the same thing about CD.

So you are saying CD wasn't a long wait?

let him go... if he really wants to follow this clusterfuck and wait for a new album and dissapoint, then so be it....

I assume that he is just trolling at this point

LOL.

Spaghetti -- 1993

Axl starts talking about releasing a trilogy of albums in 2000

Chinese Democracy -- 2008

2009-2015 -- nothing

Ya, that's not a long wait at all.

let him go... if he really wants to follow this clusterfuck and wait for a new album and dissapoint, then so be it....

LOL.

Spaghetti -- 1993

2009-2015 -- nothing

I really try hard to think wkuk is a regular poster. But he keeps disappoiting me. :(

I quoted you all just to say..lighten up. Have some patience, new music will be hear soon. ;)

It's a shame the "leader" of this "band" sits on completed material for years but is refusing to share it with what's left of his fan base.

One album in 24 years.

Not to worry Rovim, we will have new album soonish.

It's a shame the "leader" of this "band" sits on completed material for years but is refusing to share it with what's left of his fan base.

One album in 24 years.

Not to worry Rovim, we will have new album soonish.

I'm not worried at all. I believe CD ll will be released before 2020 rolls around.

It's probably gonna be 2 albums in 25 to 30 years, including Chinese. Much better.

LOL.

Spaghetti -- 1993

2009-2015 -- nothing

I really try hard to think wkuk is a regular poster. But he keeps disappoiting me. :(

I quoted you all just to say..lighten up. Have some patience, new music will be hear soon. ;)

Clearly. I think the fact that there is absolutely no sign of any GNR activity, the lead guitarist left, guitarist #2 is writing and recording an album with a different band, guitarist #3 and the keyboard player admit to having no idea what's going on, we have no title, no producer, nobody mentioning they are working on a new GNR project, no news or info from the label and a lead singer who hasn't been seen in a year and a half all point to new music being hear soon. Also the sky is green, Cosby is innocent and that's Jackie Stallone's original face.

• Like 2

From what I see, the band wont go in the studio to record stuff now, the stuff which will come out god knows when, it will be the already recorded stuff from 15 years ago, there would be some re recording done from Ashba, but nothing else, I assume Axl has Mastered or will Master the Album, now we will just have to wait for him to release it......he could have easily released it in 2010 or 2012

What I think probably has happened in the last years is:

Axl rejected all the songs brought by Ashba and BBF.

Axl has some songs in different stages of conclusion, most of them probably lacking a vocal track, from the CD era.

Axl thinks GNR is still big and demands monumental campaign from the label, negotiations with the label never really develope.

Axl has no idea how the internet works and refuses to adapt his promotion strategy to the new century.

Axl has no motivation to release another album, he lacks confidence, doesn't care if the fans and his employees want the music out.

Axl knows his band is not exactly GNR and playing with Duff made him miss the old days, he probably fired and hired his band a couple of times by now.

I think the next album will be the best remaining tracks from CD sessions. Maybe Ashba & Bumblefoot will feature on the album kinda like Bumble did on CD. If it's a trilogy then maybe we will get the next album in 5 - 18 months time and the third release shortly after that. It needs a new name though it's probably all been decided. I do like Stay Of Execution as an album name sounds good. I think Axl and Carim are working all the time together and if Fortus said Axl and Carim where in the studio late last year then I don't see why they don't work together all through this year, a tiny update from the man himself would be sweet but honestly maybe we are not as far off as we have been thinking.

Edited by wkuk04

What I think probably has happened in the last years is:

Axl rejected all the songs brought by Ashba and BBF.

Axl has some songs in different stages of conclusion, most of them probably lacking a vocal track, from the CD era.

Axl thinks GNR is still big and demands monumental campaign from the label, negotiations with the label never really develope.

Axl has no idea how the internet works and refuses to adapt his promotion strategy to the new century.

Axl has no motivation to release another album, he lacks confidence, doesn't care if the fans and his employees want the music out.

Axl knows his band is not exactly GNR and playing with Duff made him miss the old days, he probably fired and hired his band a couple of times by now.

You mentioned the part where Axl spent the entire year scratching his bollocks while eating cheesy wotzits and tweeting about animals.