BBF called "Former GN'R Guitarist" in new interview

This interview was shared by Ron on his FB page, the title says

Gruemonkey.com Exclusive with Bumblefoot, former Guns N Roses Guitarist!!!

They talk about random stuff, nothing GNR related, but the FORMER Guns N' Roses Guitarist has been mentioned, I know Ron said that he doesn't tells people to tag him as a GNR Guitarist, but Ron din't say anything when he was called a Former GNR member

http://www.gruemonkey.com/?p=5506

Let's hope other leave as well and this joke can end once and for all. Axl's band is done, time to reunite or retire.

But it will be the same situation. They won´t confirm nor deny that they leave the band. All they are going to say is that Axl tells jokes and they have share files back and forth.

Edited by Padme

Let's hope other leave as well and this joke can end once and for all. Axl's band is done, time to reunite or retire.

But it will be the same situation. They won´t confirm nor deny that they leave the band. All they are going to say is that Axl tells jokes and they have share files back and forth.

Axl also told me a joke, he said the album will come out next year, i was like Hahahahaha, good one Axsel.

• Like 2

He's just another (former) employee of Axl, same as slash, robin, bucket etc......stuff getting slash back it'll never happen in the real world ! Go get robin finck back ASAP, he may be a bit sloppy on live shows but he's the best that Axl could get right now

He's just another (former) employee of Axl, same as slash, robin, bucket etc....

This is factually incorrect. Robin and Buckethead were hired by Axl, but Slash was never Axl's employee. He was Axl's partner. When Axl wanted Slash to be his employee, Slash refused and left. Then, as we know, Axl begged him to join his band for years and Slash continued to refuse. Subsequently, as we already know too, Duff left as well.

• Like 1

Go get robin finck back ASAP

It is not up to "them" to get Robin Finck back. Robin Finck left, and while he might be up for a show or two and some guest appearances here and there, he's not interested in working with irrelevant non-productive artists anymore. He's doing fine with Nine Inch Nails.

Bumblefoot said he was honoring some sort of agreement not to disclose information regarding his departure of Axl's band, right? So, that could be interpreted in different ways. Maybe he has left the door open for a return, or he was contractually obligated not to say anything.

I hope he's gone, it is in his best interests to stop wasting his time with Axl's band. Axl has dragged him into a word of pure ridiculousness. I bet he never expected that when he was first asked to join the band.

He's just another (former) employee of Axl, same as slash, robin, bucket etc....

This is factually incorrect. Robin and Buckethead were hired by Axl, but Slash was never Axl's employee. He was Axl's partner. When Axl wanted Slash to be his employee, Slash refused and left. Then, as we know, Axl begged him to join his band for years and Slash continued to refuse. Subsequently, as we already know too, Duff left as well.

Slash was Axl's employee, when the GNR name was signed over to Axl in the middle of the illusion tour, Axl needs to get serious again and make the right call to someone, unfortunately I don't think it's slash, or it'll never be him

Slash was Axl's employee, when the GNR name was signed over to Axl in the middle of the illusion tour

Factually incorrect. He wasn't. He never was.

The name, brand and the band are all different things. There was a partnership between the remaining original members of Guns, Slash, Duff and Axl. The name went to Axl only, but he didn't own the band by himself, until the other members quit. It is why Axl - despite complaining about Slash for years and stating he should have left after Lies - couldn't fire him.

Slash was Axl's employee, when the GNR name was signed over to Axl in the middle of the illusion tour

The name, brand and the band are all different things. There was a partnership between the remaining original members of Guns, Slash, Duff and Axl. The name went to Axl only, but he didn't own the band by himself, until the other members quit. It is why Axl - despite complaining about Slash for years and stating he should have left after Lies - couldn't fire him.

How batshit insane is it that Axl said Slash should never have been in GNR? That one statement pretty much lays bare Axls sheer insanity.

• Like 1

Also incorrect.

Slash and Duff signed a contract in the fall of 1992 which set up a new legal partnership for Guns N' Roses composed legally of Axl, Slash and Duff (in the wake of Izzy and Steven's departure), and included a portion which stated that Axl would be granted the rights to the name if Axl quit/was fired.

""On, or around September 1, 1992, Axl, Slash and Duff entered into a written partnership agreement defining the rights of the Original GNR partners, and obligations entitled "Memorandum of Agreement"." (Slash & Duff v. Axl lawsuit document, 2004)"

15yylac.jpg

14o2crp.jpg

On August 31st 1995, Axl sent Slash and Duff a legal notice that effective 12/31/1995, he was quitting the existing Guns N' Roses legal partnership, and forming a new band with the name Guns N' Roses, which they were allowed to join. Unlike the previous band, they were not partners, Axl was the sole partner and as soon as Slash, Duff and Matt signed, they became Axl's employees - even if they were not technically 'on salary' - from a legal standpoint after 12/31/1995, they were members of Axl's version of Guns N' Roses.

"This will serve as notice [that] effective [...] Decemeber 30th 1995, I will withdraw from the partnership. [...] I intend to use the name 'Guns N' Roses' in connection with a new group which I will form." (Slash & Duff v. Axl lawsuit document, 2004)

Which if you figure Slash didn't leave the band until October 1996, and Duff until August 1997, I would think that'd mean they were operating within as 'members' of the 'new' Guns N' Roses.

• Like 2