What are the ten "definitive" NuGN'R gigs?

I don't have a list. But I think that, unlike the original band, NuGN'R never really managed to do a fantastic gig with a great setlist where every performance was top notch. For example, there are only a handful of TWAT performances where Axl did not mess up. TWAT is such an essential NuGN'R song and it alone limits the potential list to a few gigs.

Very difficult question.

I'd have to say

HOB 2001 (the first one, I'D LOVE to have bootlegs from the other shows because they must have been something magical , too bad there isn't anything at all)

Amazing we don't have anything from the Dec '01 shows apart from a few photos, do we even know if hoarders have anything?

Very difficult question.

I'd have to say

HOB 2001 (the first one, I'D LOVE to have bootlegs from the other shows because they must have been something magical , too bad there isn't anything at all)

Amazing we don't have anything from the Dec '01 shows apart from a few photos, do we even know if hoarders have anything?

I remember reading that one of the late-2001 Vegas shows had technical problems and Axl was pissed the whole night, so that's probably not a good performance

• Like 1

^ I think Pittsburgh is the only other complete soundboard from 2002, there are partial soundboards out there for Tacoma, Nampa and Columbus. I don't like the Pittsburgh show though, if I listen to any 2002 show it's either Columbus or Boston.

if no-one else uploads the Boston show I can do it but the first 2~ mins of The Blues is fucked up on my version so hopefully someone posts a better one

Edited by Gordon Comstock

The Yellow Raincoat show and the Bridge School Heart Attack Show are THE definitive NuGNR shows.

These shows really summarize what Axl did to himself after he became the dictator.

Imagine seeing these videos in 1992...!

Surely Dublin 2010, Axl may have had a patented strop that not everybody else shared his enthusiasm for being massively late but damn did he sing a stellar set even for him back on that tour.

:axl92:

yeah, i said dublin '06 in the OP but i meant dublin '10. that specific video is one i used to watch a lot. it's amazing.

same thing happened at download '06. he got pissed off at the crowd before better, and then - probably because he wasn't wasting oxygen running around stage - he just stood in one place and delivered one of the best performances of Better ever.

Surely Dublin 2010, Axl may have had a patented strop that not everybody else shared his enthusiasm for being massively late but damn did he sing a stellar set even for him back on that tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KKuQdzuGMY&feature=related

:axl92:

yeah, i said dublin '06 in the OP but i meant dublin '10. that specific video is one i used to watch a lot. it's amazing.

same thing happened at download '06. he got pissed off at the crowd before better, and then - probably because he wasn't wasting oxygen running around stage - he just stood in one place and delivered one of the best performances of Better ever.

I was at download 06 and the Dublin 2010 show , Axl's amazing when he's pissed off

I agree with Hammerstein, Rio, Rock Am Ring, Bucharest, Boston and Tokyo, but I'd swap the others for

Columbus 2002

Universal City 2006

London 2010

Dublin 2010

L'arc 2010 (That CITR and PC alone makes it better than Rose Bar IMO, although that's a great show too. Shame the l'arc quality isn't better)

Honorable mention:

Vegas 6.6.14

That Universal city show is amazing!! What a fucking beast!

Hey guys, if you like Boston 2002, I uploaded 2 different angles:

(center shot)

(screenshot)

I'm surprised no one mentioned Albany 2002, this is one my fav shows from the new line-up, a great AUD shot in great quality, pretty cool rants too:

I also really liked Rock in Rio-Lisboa 2006, it's often forgotten because of Rock Am Ring but I think it's amazing (even if it's missing the new songs unfortunately):

• Like 1

Hey guys, if you like Boston 2002, I uploaded 2 different angles:

(center shot)

(screenshot)

I'm surprised no one mentioned Albany 2002, this is one my fav shows from the new line-up, a great AUD shot in great quality, pretty cool rants too:

I also really liked Rock in Rio-Lisboa 2006, it's often forgotten because of Rock Am Ring but I think it's amazing (even if it's missing the new songs unfortunately):

thanks!

i remember being really disappointed with rock in rio '06 because it came on the back-end of a lot of great shows, and a lot of us on the forum felt like axl kept blowing his chances in front of wide audiences (the show was live-streamed, IIRC, on youtube, or somewhere online, and had far more viewers than Rock Am Ring).

looking back now, i still think his vocals are weaker than most of the '06 shows and the sound mix is inconsistent, but we've seen and heard a lot worse in the years after. :P

• Like 1

Id have to say the Hammerstein shows in '06. There was nothing quite like the atmosphere for those gigs, on the forum, and if you were lucky enough to attend any of them, in NYC and at the gigs. It was amazing. Plus it helped that Axl and the band killed it pretty much all 4 nights.

Id have to say the Hammerstein shows in '06. There was nothing quite like the atmosphere for those gigs, on the forum, and if you were lucky enough to attend any of them, in NYC and at the gigs. It was amazing. Plus it helped that Axl and the band killed it pretty much all 4 nights.

i remember buying the DVD's for those shows off some random guy on the internet at the time they really were great shows to see even if the guy with the camera was a bit rusty on maintaining a steady hand!

• Like 1