Creed (2015) - Rocky spin-off

This might be nit-picking BUT the one problem I have with the trailer is the "a great fighter once said..." thing at the end. Rocky said that to his kid outside of a resturant when no one else was around. So unless Rocky's kid ran and told everyone or at least Apollo's kid, he wouldn't know Rocky said that.

Can't believe I have not seen any Rocky movie yet. :lol:

IMO, you only need to watch Rocky and Rocky Balboa.

I bought the boxset with all movies two years ago but kept it sealed until a friend who I didn't know was #1 fan of Rocky begged me to give it to him. I re-bought the boxset for $15 few weeks ago. Hopefully I will find the time to watch them now.

I bought the boxset with all movies two years ago but kept it sealed until a friend who I didn't know was #1 fan of Rocky begged me to give it to him. I re-bought the boxset for $15 few weeks ago. Hopefully I will find the time to watch them now.

Skip Rocky V, it's abysmal. Not even so bad it's good, just awful.

Rocky IV

And II.

Okay III. But Skip V.

Why the rap music? because he's black? god

It's good boxing music.

I really like the idea as old Rocky as a trainer. He'd be a great trainer.

Skip Rocky V, it's abysmal. Not even so bad it's good, just awful.

It teaches kids that violence is the answer.

• Like 2

Looks quite good, I assume Sly is directing?

Surprisingly no, although he's been given a producer credit. It seems like he had little involvement in the actual production of this as it's mostly people from the independent movie circuit. I was skeptical, but it looks to fit the style and tone of Rocky. The trailer definitely looks good.

Honestly this looks pretty good, and I'm actually pretty excited about this. I would love to see this franchise continue, and this is the perfect way to do it really. Rocky can be involved, but now he is a side character instead of the main guy. If this film is good, I would be all for 3 or 4 more movies based upon this kids life.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ