Rocksmith 2014

Thought I'd start a thread about this.

My wife got me the PS4 version for my birthday. I immediately had the lag problems I've read about when I tried to use HDMI, so I switched the audio to optical and it was a little bit better but still too much. I installed the PC version and used the same cord that came with the PS4 version just to see if it was any better. There's zero lag through the PC which is awesome. I've played more guitar in the past 3 or 4 weeks than I've probably played in the past 5 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered mine, but still on the way. PS4. I hope the lag wont be that bad, got both HDMI and optical. Tryin to learn guitar thats why. lol

I ended up getting the PC version and just using the same cable from the PS4 version with my PC.

I've heard wildly different things about leg though. Some say it's just insanely bad, others say it's not that bad at all. I was able to get it down to not much on the PS4, but I could get it to zero on the PC, so I figured why not use that version.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, heres hoping I wont have lag problems. I read around, some get it, some dont. Some claim the latest patch helped a bit. Oh well... I dont play in my PC no more, cuz I work there all day.

Did you get the game yet? Just curious what happened with the lag.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, heres hoping I wont have lag problems. I read around, some get it, some dont. Some claim the latest patch helped a bit. Oh well... I dont play in my PC no more, cuz I work there all day.

forget to play on HDMI. I tried everything and always had the lag thing. On analog works perfect.

forget to play on HDMI. I tried everything and always had the lag thing. On analog works perfect.

I ended up giving up on using my PS4 altogether. The best I could do was an optical output for audio and I was still getting enough lag to get misses on notes I was hitting during faster parts of songs.

I switched over the PC version and now I've got zero lag, so I'm good with that.

Have a question.Can someone start to learn quitar with this game??

So far, I'd say yes definitely. I've learned quite a bit just from messing around with it for about 3 months.

Thank you.Thats good news.cause i dont have the time to learn with teacher.That game would be a good solution

• 1 month later...