Linkin Park

Słash

A Thousand Suns and Living Things are actually pretty solid records, though I'll still never ever enjoy Chester's lyrics. I'm a little disappointed they didn't keep going down the ATS type path, seems like they got scared of shifting too far away from a mainstream sound and backed off to poppier stuff on Living Things.

I think it was probably the least profitable album for them, so they got back to the usual hits. I mean... singles off that album were The Catalyst, Waiting For The End, Burning In The Skies and Iridescent and none of them came anywhere close to What I've Done and Leave Out All The Rest from MTM or Burn It Down from Living Things. Even Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade were huge hits.

I really don't know how people like ATS, im a huge LP fan, I was a member of the LPU and I was a regular on the chat on their website, when The Catalyst came out, i was like wtf is this shit, songs from The Hunting Party are still better, there are some nice songs like Final Masquerade as you mentioned, even Rebellion and A Line in the sand are amazing songs, they have moved on, but I wouldn't mind hearing another Hybrid Theory or Meteora
The Catalyst is one of their best songs, IMO. Thing is, the album had what? 12 tracks? 4 of them were like... Noises, intros or recordings, not songs... Then you have the songs: the only "energetic" songs were The Catalyst, Wretches and Kings and When They Come For Me. The rest is really depressing. Iridescent is their most depressive song EVER, ending the album with The Messenger is awesome but makes the album get this dark and depressive vibe that I avoid listening to it at times. But artistically speaking, it's definitely their peak. Did you guys know it has a story arc?

A Thousand Suns and Living Things are actually pretty solid records, though I'll still never ever enjoy Chester's lyrics. I'm a little disappointed they didn't keep going down the ATS type path, seems like they got scared of shifting too far away from a mainstream sound and backed off to poppier stuff on Living Things.

I think it was probably the least profitable album for them, so they got back to the usual hits. I mean... singles off that album were The Catalyst, Waiting For The End, Burning In The Skies and Iridescent and none of them came anywhere close to What I've Done and Leave Out All The Rest from MTM or Burn It Down from Living Things. Even Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade were huge hits.

I really don't know how people like ATS, im a huge LP fan, I was a member of the LPU and I was a regular on the chat on their website, when The Catalyst came out, i was like wtf is this shit, songs from The Hunting Party are still better, there are some nice songs like Final Masquerade as you mentioned, even Rebellion and A Line in the sand are amazing songs, they have moved on, but I wouldn't mind hearing another Hybrid Theory or Meteora
The Catalyst is one of their best songs, IMO. Thing is, the album had what? 12 tracks? 4 of them were like... Noises, intros or recordings, not songs... Then you have the songs: the only "energetic" songs were The Catalyst, Wretches and Kings and When They Come For Me. The rest is really depressing. Iridescent is their most depressive song EVER, ending the album with The Messenger is awesome but makes the album get this dark and depressive vibe that I avoid listening to it at times. But artistically speaking, it's definitely their peak. Did you guys know it has a story arc?

That's exactly why I liked it so much. They took such a far leap from their core sound, and really put themselves out there emotionally to make that record. In that sense, it's probably their 'truest', at least to themselves, musically. I had 3 other energetic LP albums at that point, it was a nice break from the norm.

I used to love LP in the beginning then they got political and I lost interest.

Without Chester as their singer, these guys would have gone nowhere. Still don't know whey they are still adding the rap stuff. Not a fan.

I met these guys a few times. Chester is the most talkative of the band. The other guys just kind of look at you and sign your stuff.

A great band live too.

Like I said before, they're one of the best at what they do. They're one of the most lucrative bands of the 21st century, they have one of the best selling debut albums of all time, they kept themselves relevant with many top 10 hits even after nuMetal died and bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit and Deftones became insignificant. These guys are not supposed to be taken as serious musicians, you're not supposed to analyze this as you would analyze a band like Rush, you're supposed to take them as you would take Coldplay, The Killers, Green Day, etc... They're hit making machines and Linkin Park is one of the greatest, really. They would probably only lose to Coldplay. None of these guys really play the shit out of their instruments, they're all pretty basic. Chester is the only one that really stands out. They're not a rock band, they're hit making pop rock band, that changes their sound to fit whatever it would take to make a hit at the time. And they're good at it.

I used to love LP in the beginning then they got political and I lost interest.

Without Chester as their singer, these guys would have gone nowhere. Still don't know whey they are still adding the rap stuff. Not a fan.

I met these guys a few times. Chester is the most talkative of the band. The other guys just kind of look at you and sign your stuff.

A great band live too.

Do you like The Clash Val? How about The Sex Pistols? Curious cuz I've seen you give it up for a lot of cool older bands but rarely much mention of the punk end of things.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...