Wankers In Popular Music & Film (thread to take the piss out of 'artists' you think are tossers)

Len Cnut

^ yes

Nirvana's second best drummer. Luckiest cunt on the planet.

I dunno man, i thought Dave really completed their sound. He seems alright, inoffensive, doesn't really say or do much out of order. He has begun to give off this sort of smug scumbag air lately. Maybe he was always like that but i was just so in love with Nirvana that i didn't notice. They always just seemed to be taking the mickey in group interviews. Krist Novoselic seemed lovely...as well as like, hilairious, great sense of humour...and he seemed to be like 'on' all the time in then days. Kurt just seemed like a moody but gentle sort, slightly insecure. Krist made me laugh, this one time they ask him about their new album and he goes it's a concept album based on a ficticious speculative romance between Edward Shevardnadze and Boris Yeltsin, I'm gonna be Gorbachov, Kurts gonna be Brezhnev in the video, we're gonna glue toothbrushes to our eyebrows and dye them black, Dave is gonna be Raisa Gorbachev, we're gonna express our sexual frustrations' :lol: That might be one of the greatest interview quotes of all time from a rock band :lol:

• Like 1

davegrohl-620x400.jpg

Nah, I like me some Uncle Dave. That whole nicest-guy-in-rock thing gets a bit tedious, but it's not like he markets himself that way. It would be hilarious though if he turned out to be a serial killer or a rapist and lived up to this whole nice-guy image just to fool people. Everyone thought Savil was a saint until he died and we found out he'd been fucking corpses!!

Edited by Towelie

Thing about Nugent is that, much like Alf Garnett, it's very difficult to be offended by him because the stuff he says is so ridiculous, so counter-intelligent, so stupid that he just seems like somebody doing a parody of his particular social archetype. Sort of harmless twit that talks a load of bollocks, he's not evil and dangerous and damaging to the human race like your Bonos etc. Nugent is just a fool and not a lot besides.

He reminds me of Rick Ross in a way, an ex copper pretending to be a gangster, while Nugent is a draft dodger posing as a nationalistic patriot.

Edited by Len B'stard

In 1991, Preston was arrested and convicted for insurance fraud after setting fire to his own house in Los Angeles,[9] and he was treated for alcohol and cocaine addictions. He also was arrested in 1991 for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old Mexican boy, after picking him up at a gathering point for day laborers.[10] After submitting to a drug test, he tested positive for cocaine. That year, he entered no-contest pleas to the cocaine and sexual assault charges. He was sentenced to nine months at a drug rehabilitation center and three months of house arrest.[citation needed]

Tragic as you could legitimately call Preston the only guy to have been both a Beatle and a Rolling Stone.

In 1991, Preston was arrested and convicted for insurance fraud after setting fire to his own house in Los Angeles,[9] and he was treated for alcohol and cocaine addictions. He also was arrested in 1991 for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old Mexican boy, after picking him up at a gathering point for day laborers.[10] After submitting to a drug test, he tested positive for cocaine. That year, he entered no-contest pleas to the cocaine and sexual assault charges. He was sentenced to nine months at a drug rehabilitation center and three months of house arrest.[citation needed]

Tragic as you could legitimately call Preston the only guy to have been both a Beatle and a Rolling Stone.

Clapton, has he done anything with The Stones?

Clapton, has he done anything with The Stones?

Well he guested on that alternative version of Brown Sugar. He was actually almost a Stone - and no, I'm not going to repeat that Ron Wood quote! Preston was a live touring member from 1973 to 1976. He also played on all their studio albums from Sticky Fingers to Black and Blue. It was him and Ollie Brown who influenced their funk/soul direction of the mid '70s. His band on that '73 tour also opened and they included Mick Taylor. Basically Preston and Taylor would open, then headline immediately after! Incidentally on the single Get Back/Don't Let Me Down, it is credited as 'The Beatles with Billy Preston' - quite an accolade. He also played with Lennon (Piano on ''God''), Harrison and Ringo among many others.

Tony Sheridan had a song out with The Beatles too, one they ended up backing him on in a recording studio before they hit big, its actually a lovely little tune, i quite like it, though the Beatles were quite aggravated at it being re-released as a cash in thing when they got big, it was actually people going into Brian Epsteins record store requesting the song that first bought the lads to his attention.

Yknow what amazes me? The sheer quality of In Spite of All the Danger, for a first go at recording it is just SOOOO fucking high quality, in terms of melody and harmony and song structure, its mind blowing that it was written by a fuckin kid basically.