Looks like DJ will be busy for the next two years.

GNR will probably be on break for a year or 2 after the previous nonstop tours they had. Rumours were out that the band is in the brink of a break-up but Ashba quickly denied it.

I loved the non-stop touring to support Chinese Democracy II.

Axl should keep GnR in hiding until 2017 at least. Otherwise he would saturate the market. Let the demand build back up. One of GnR's biggest mistakes was releasing Lies and the Illusions so close to when Appetite came out.

Axl is doing the right thing now. Put at least 15 years between albums. Fans hate it when bands release music on a more frequent basis.

• Like 2

Axl should just use this time to write his autobiography.

That's probably one of the few things he could release right now that I'd absolutely love to buy.

Rumours were out that the band is in the brink of a break-up

What "band"? I thought this was about Guns n' Roses. Edited by username

Several escenarios

1/ Label arranges with Axl to release all Chinese era if he signs for reunion. No post promotion, no tour, just end of his vision, just launch it.

2/ Axl tell the guys to keep busy till 2017-2018 so he can recharge energy and tinker more on next album.

3/

4/

Who knows

Edited by guzzy

I think its goin one of two ways...either Axl wants a bunch of money for his promotion plan, label doesnt want to give it to him, so he wont agree to release it. Or hes completely given up on his vision and see's no real reason to get it out on any time frame. So he just tinkers with the songs here and there, when he's in the mood with no care on how long it takes. And it will come out with no real fan fare and who knows, maybe not even tour to support in any serious fashion. A residency here and there and thats it.

Edited by ChineseIRS

I believe Brain is still doing things for gnr so I don't know why he wouldn't still. Yet who knows bout bumble n well bucket is in his own lil world. Yet if I were axl if release a ep via iTunes n finish what he hasn't done on cd2 in his down time.

I like the idea of an EP, even if the band tried last year. It would sell well and build some buzz before CDII.

The thing is, if a LP comes out, it will be all or nothing, victory or death. It's a dangerous road.

Edited by Silent Jay

Get rid of Silkworms, Oh My God and Going Down with the remix of This I Love and one new Better, maybe Atlas Shrugged and covers (Light My Fire/Sailing/DLIBYD/Seeker/Rosie). Call the EP "Leaks".

Or they should let that out on their website so it can be free, it's not like they are A-list songs, and gn'r fans have a lot of patience.

Edited by Silent Jay

Several escenarios

1/ Label arranges with Axl to release all Chinese era if he signs for reunion. No post promotion, no tour, just end of his vision, just launch it.

2/ Axl tell the guys to keep busy till 2017-2018 so he can recharge energy and tinker more on next album.

3/

4/

Who knows

If its #2, does that mean wwhen he comes back energized, his voice will be back as well? And he will be lean and mean and once again, a sexy machine?

Axl's voice always seems to warm up halfway through, like it becomes legendary once again regardless of being restricted to Chinese Democracy touring, imagine if he had some new songs to spit out... he can't keep summoning up that otherworldly banshee shriek, I'll give him another 5 years max, maybe enough for one touring cycle of CD2.

Let's be realistic. Axl will be pushing 60 soon. He has a proven record of 'never' releasing new music.

He's only 53, many artists tour gruelling sets at much older ages. Health permitting, he's still got plenty of time.

Edited by Towelie

Let's be realistic. Axl will be pushing 60 soon. He has a proven record of 'never' releasing new music.

He's only 53, many artists tour gruelling sets at much older ages. Health permitting, he's still got plenty of time.

Still got time for CD ll's release and a tour to support it while making money still mainly playing the hits.

I like the idea of an EP, even if the band tried last year. It would sell well and build some buzz before CDII.

The thing is, if a LP comes out, it will be all or nothing, victory or death. It's a dangerous road.

Why would it be all or nothing?

Bands release albums all the time. Some succeed. Some fail. Then a couple years later they release another one.

I don't think Slash's albums sell a million copies. But every 2-3 years he releases another one.

Axl has said that he has two completed albums. The longer he waits the more he is shooting himself in the foot. Just like he did with CD. "This wasn't worth 14 million dollars and 13 years." Same thing will happen with CD2 - "this is what fans waited ten years for?"

If Axl cared about being a viable and relevant artist then he would keep his promises and would share his music with his fans.

An EP at this point would be an FU to the fans.

One album in the last 24 years. Two albums sitting at his house. And he releases an EP? No. Hell no.

• Like 3

The guy said release CD, tour a year, release CD2 and so on. It's been 7 years. If he still gave a shit it'd be double album time, not EP time. But no, its hiatus time. Obviously. Because he worked for 6 weeks about a year ago. Constant touring!

The guy said release CD, tour a year, release CD2 and so on. It's been 7 years. If he still gave a shit it'd be double album time, not EP time. But no, its hiatus time. Obviously. Because he worked for 6 weeks about a year ago. Constant touring!

Sometimes I'm not sure what's worse - Axl's "change of plans" and lack of activity - or the excuses that people come up with that defend him.