David Gilmour US Mini Tour!

ZoSoRose

• 4 weeks later...

For what it is, its a very good show. In all honesty, better and more well balanced than I expected. I like exactly half the set, which is what I expected, but its not just one set I like and happy to see he spread in the Floyd. Looks like its a great concert that I'll certainly try for if I can get cheap MSG tickets.

I will say, its disappointing he didn't really replace Echoes with anything. I was hoping for something like Dogs to replace as an epic. Otherwise, no complaints other than it is a tad similar to the last tour in terms of non-solo work (but that was kind of to be expected).

Awesome tour opener! Lots of my favorites, and I'm psyched "Sorrow" is back.

He also has Mr. Screen, so this really looks like a "Pink Floyd Lite" concert. Between this and Roger's Wall tour its as close as I'll get to Floyd

Hey, did you get Chicago tickets? I can't remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the album. A lot better than I expected. Wasn't too optimistic after Rattle that Lock and Today, but there are some songs I really like on here.

In Any Tongue is my favorite, the outré is his best solo since The Division Bell. In fact, some songs seem like they could fit on that record and some feel like they'd be at home on The Endless River

Standouts for me are the three instrumentals, In Any Tongue, Faces of Stone, and A Boat Lies Waiting. Solid effort, and I enjoy it more than On an Island

I listened to it today as well. And like I said in the album thread, it's by no means bad. It's just... It has a bit of Knopfler-complex. It can get a bit.... boring.... :unsure:

Totally agree. And thats how he's always been, so I guess at this point its clear whether you will like it or not. Heard the first 3 songs and while the guitar is great (as it was on On An Island), its always a bit bland. For example, the guitar solo at the end of Faces Of Stone was great! But its missing something. Either from the beginning or just as a whole. its like a great guitar solo in a mediocre song.

I don't know. I'm hoping to give it a full listen and really get into it, but I'm sure it'll be like his other releases, as well as his Floyd led material, where it is just unfortunately too boring for my tastes, despite some great sections. I will say Rattle That Lock has grown on me though.