Fantastic third album from Tame Impala

Dan H.

http://youtu.be/gq_qFBJkOI4

"Currents" is the third album from up and coming psychedelic pop group Tame Impala. Strays away from their hit 2012" rock" album "Lonerism". Limited guitars, groovy synth mixed with some funk and psychedelic practical instruments, heavy distorted bass guitar, and hypnotic melodies.

Give it a try if you're into some weird grooves and interesting sounds. Probably my favorite album of the year so far. The front man is a killer bass player, maybe the best of the last decade. Dude carves textures into his sound.

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 3

Played it straight through twice last night. So, so good.

I got an order in for the vinyl at my local shop :)

Edit: Shit, "Vinyl Me, Please" has an limited edition colored 180 gram copy going on sale in August. Guess I better grab that instead.

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1

This has been my most anticipated album of 2015.

I made a thread way back before the debut came out; their sound has evolved so much since the old days! http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/154507-tame-impala/

I'll stop short of genuis, but Kevin Parker is definitely one incredibly creative and talented individual. I really love where he's taken them.

• Like 1

The album as a whole is incredible. Their are so many flavors with a sound that could get lost in itself. Currents still has Tame Impalas psychedelic mark, but it’s a hybrid of past work with something classier. Cause I’m a Man is a perfect example. It plays smoothly in grand steps. Snatch a copy ASAP so you don’t have to listen to your friends tell you how great the new album really is.

http://www.themarooncafe.com/2015/07/album-review-tame-impala-currents/

This album just keeps getting better on every listen. I had a chance to get through uninterrupted with decent headphones today; I'm thinking it's probably my favourite new release in years.

I'm so stoked to pick this up on vinyl. :)

Definitely my favorite release since Vampire Weekends phenomenal third album in 2013.

I was never as into "Lonerism" as some of my friends were, but man, this new album just sounds so rich and textured. The quality of the mixing and production alone is enough to give it a 10/10 for me.

I might have to pick up a Saturday pass for Lolla just to see them :lol:

Edited by Dan H.

The album as a whole is incredible. Their are so many flavors with a sound that could get lost in itself. Currents still has Tame Impalas psychedelic mark, but it’s a hybrid of past work with something classier. Cause I’m a Man is a perfect example. It plays smoothly in grand steps. Snatch a copy ASAP so you don’t have to listen to your friends tell you how great the new album really is.

http://www.themarooncafe.com/2015/07/album-review-tame-impala-currents/

This album just keeps getting better on every listen. I had a chance to get through uninterrupted with decent headphones today; I'm thinking it's probably my favourite new release in years.

I only got a chance to listen to it last week straight though. I need to do that again one night the week.

LOL.

Anybody proclaiming this a masterpiece and a genius band has lost their right to EVER criticize other people for their musical tastes.

Oooooooooooor...... they just have different opinions and tastes than you?

LOL.

Anybody proclaiming this a masterpiece and a genius band has lost their right to EVER criticize other people for their musical tastes.

It's a great album. Lots of layers, different sounds, textures - I get that the synths aren't for everyone, but it's hard to deny that there's a very complex album worthy of a listen (with some decent headphones!) here.

Yep, maybe even a masterpiece. Who am I to judge and say it's not?

You should give it a spin sometime, you might even surprise yourself? Their earlier stuff is a lot more guitar-driven, I'm actually finding myself enjoying this a lot more than that. When the first single came out I was actually kind of disappointed, but I've been completely swayed over since.

LOL.

It's a really great album. :shrugs:

You're the only one criticizing musical taste here... What's the deal dude?

Edited by Dan H.

LOL.

It's a great album. Lots of layers, different sounds, textures - I get that the synths aren't for everyone, but it's hard to deny that there's a very complex album worthy of a listen (with some decent headphones!) here.

Yep, maybe even a masterpiece. Who am I to judge and say it's not?

You should give it a spin sometime, you might even surprise yourself? Their earlier stuff is a lot more guitar-driven, I'm actually finding myself enjoying this a lot more than that. When the first single came out I was actually kind of disappointed, but I've been completely swayed over since.

Dad, whats a texture? :D