Moderation Discussion

Towelie

If a post has been reported and not been removed for whatever reasons, can a mod/admin pm the specific reason why it has not been removed?

I can't speak for everybody, but here's what I do when something is reported:

Take a look at the report to see what the complaint is

Go view the offending post to see if it in fact violates the rules

Take action on either side depending on the post

Taking action on it can be a grey area. Just keep in mind that if you report something and it's not removed eventually, 9 times out of 10 that means that the mods/admins didn't feel it violated the rules.

If a post has been reported and not been removed for whatever reasons, can a mod/admin pm the specific reason why it has not been removed?

Taking action on it can be a grey area. Just keep in mind that if you report something and it's not removed eventually, 9 times out of 10 that means that the mods/admins didn't feel it violated the rules.

You have always been strict on people derailing the thread or removed the things which don't belong in that specific thread.

I did make a report a few days ago about something and nothing has happened to it, that thing din't offend me personally, but I did a similar thing in another thread a few months back, it was removed and I was told it could derail the thread and now someone posted a thing which din't even belong to that thread and it has not been removed.

You have always been strict on people derailing the thread or removed the things which don't belong in that specific thread.

I did make a report a few days ago about something and nothing has happened to it, that thing din't offend me personally, but I did a similar thing in another thread a few months back, it was removed and I was told it could derail the thread and now someone posted a thing which din't even belong to that thread and it has not been removed.

I hear that. I didn't see the repor that you're referring to here, but I can see how it might look like the same rules don't apply to everyone. The only way I can explain that is that it would depend on who viewed each report and how they reacted to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never done this before, but I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed my (and Diesel Daisies) posts in the Scott Weiland thread were removed.

It certainly is a shame the guy died, but I only said the same things I've been saying about the guy since the get go...in this case stealing Iggy Pop's routine- and in the video posted that I commented on he was aping Iggy's act down to a tee.

I don't see what is amazing or innovative about that at all, and that doesn't change cause the guy finally died.

I wasn't dancing on the guy's grave, but being familiar with Bowie, Iggy etc...well, the Ashba/Slash comparison is a tad unfair but I can see and hear exactly where Scott stole all his shit from.

I've never done this before, but I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed my (and Diesel Daisies) posts in the Scott Weiland thread were removed.

It certainly is a shame the guy died, but I only said the same things I've been saying about the guy since the get go...in this case stealing Iggy Pop's routine- and in the video posted that I commented on he was aping Iggy's act down to a tee.

I don't see what is amazing or innovative about that at all, and that doesn't change cause the guy finally died.

I wasn't dancing on the guy's grave, but being familiar with Bowie, Iggy etc...well, the Ashba/Slash comparison is a tad unfair but I can see and hear exactly where Scott stole all his shit from.

I removed the posts, it was prompted by a complaint report from another member (not specifically about your posts). I did hesitate about removing what you posted because I don't think what you said re Iggy Pop was particularly bad as such, it was more because it had become part of a bigger argument that was developing including yourself, DD, and other members which was just a bit distasteful in a thread where people were mostly sharing memories, music and words of condolence.

I should have pm'd you to explain, I had to go out pretty much as soon as I'd done it so it ended up slipping my mind, so apologies for that but I did leave a clear explanation for the removals in the thread.

• Like 1

I removed the posts, it was prompted by a complaint report from another member (not specifically about your posts). I did hesitate about removing what you posted because I don't think what you said re Iggy Pop was particularly bad as such, it was more because it had become part of a bigger argument that was developing including yourself, DD, and other members which was just a bit distasteful in a thread where people were mostly sharing memories, music and words of condolence.

I should have pm'd you to explain, I had to go out pretty much as soon as I'd done it so it ended up slipping my mind, so apologies for that but I did leave a clear explanation for the removals in the thread.

Thanks for the explanation, don't know why I had a bee in my bonnet over it now actually but thanks.

On hindsight maybe I should have just stayed out of the thread, but yeah :P

• Like 1

Let's face it, Discussion & News is by far the most visited and participated in sub. I really enjoyed when it was on the "front page" of mygnrforum. A lot of people were rediscovering Velvet Revolver through that topic.

Because technically it's not GNR D&N, downzy gave an explanation in the thread - we left it in D&N for a while because we have many Scott fans and as the news broke it did deserve a prominent position. We were always going to move it at some point and as the discussion has moved on slightly from initial reactions yesterday seemed like a natural point to do so.

• Like 3

Let's face it, Discussion & News is by far the most visited and participated in sub. I really enjoyed when it was on the "front page" of mygnrforum. A lot of people were rediscovering Velvet Revolver through that topic.

Because technically it's not GNR D&N, downzy gave an explanation in the thread - we left it in D&N for a while because we have many Scott fans and as the news broke it did deserve a prominent position. We were always going to move it at some point and as the discussion has moved on slightly from initial reactions yesterday seemed like a natural point to do so.

What she said... :D

• Like 1

What she said... :D

Makes sense to me!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just wanted to let the Mods know that they are doing a great job.  There is almost no drama anymore and the amount of cupcakes and assholes has really dwindled to almost nothing. This has been a great  and fun place to post again.

Obviously this doesn't include Black Sabbath who is a hooray for tolerance!  

Thanks!

• Like 4

When Pitman specifically calls out mygnr and the staff delete the thread to avoid any further confiict....

lol

why protect him?

We doesn't even know if he is in the band or out... and he was the most useless bandmember ever

Seems like GNR camp already made up their minds about mygnr... there's no point protecting them

I think he was more angry towards TB than mygnr, though

He was just blows off some steam

Edited by Strange Broue

3 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

When Pitman specifically calls out mygnr and the staff delete the thread to avoid any further confiict....

lol

why protect him?

We doesn't even know if he is in the band or out... and he was the most useless bandmember ever

Seems like GNR camp already made up their minds about mygnr... there's no point protecting them

I think he was more angry towards TB than mygnr, though

He was just blows off some steam

Pitman's comments are already being discussed in the Social Media thread so that's why the other thread was removed. Chris is angry about content written about him on mygnr.com NOT mygnrforum.com. It's been explained to him that we do not control the content on mygnr.com but apparently he's still upset about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Pitman's comments are already being discussed in the Social Media thread so that's why the other thread was removed. Chris is angry about content written about him on mygnr.com NOT mygnrforum.com. It's been explained to him that we do not control the content on mygnr.com but apparently he's still upset about it.

This is much clearer now...

too bad, that he acted like a spoiled brat

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

I know Izzy is obviously infinitely more important to GNR than Pitman was/is, but why can't we discuss Pitman's latest social media rants in a separate thread as well? The Social Media thread is a mess. Most of the times I click on there, I've no idea whose or what tweets are discussed.

I know this has been discussed before, but I think there could be a thread discussing one (ex-?) member's rants on social media concerning his calling us dildoes (I know you explained it, Russ, but that's not how it looks to an average poster, it looks like an attack on mygnrforum.com. No one cares about mygnr.com) and his possible departure from GNR.

I don't think there should be a separate thread for both mini-rants, but I would like one Pitman rant-thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

To add to what Russ has said, I have personally sent him a communication attempting to clarify the matters.  But at the same time, other members of our staff have reached out to him before.  Apparently the notion that two different people owning two different websites is too complicated to grasp by some people.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lio said:

I know Izzy is obviously infinitely more important to GNR than Pitman was/is, but why can't we discuss Pitman's latest social media rants in a separate thread as well? The Social Media thread is a mess. Most of the times I click on there, I've no idea whose or what tweets are discussed.

I know this has been discussed before, but I think there could be a thread discussing one (ex-?) member's rants on social media concerning his calling us dildoes (I know you explained it, Russ, but that's not how it looks to an average poster, it looks like an attack on mygnrforum.com. No one cares about mygnr.com) and his possible departure from GNR.

I don't think there should be a separate thread for both mini-rants, but I would like one Pitman rant-thread.

Because there's not much to discuss nor do we think it's all that important.  Pitman is clearly misinformed and has refused the numerous occasions when we've attempted to clarify the matter.  It really isn't GNR news but business as it relates to this forum.  We're not saying that it can't be discussed, but we really don't want to give any more attention to senseless situation.  

• Like 2