NWA to tour Europe w/ Eminem?

RussTCB

N.W.A. plotting reunion tour with Eminem in place of Eazy-E

BY ALEX YOUNGON JULY 22, 2015, 12:40PM

Three of N.W.A.’s surviving members — Ice Cube, DJ Yella, and MC Ren — reunited late last month at the BET Experience in Los Angeles. The group’s performance, their first together in 26 years, came in support of F. Gary Gray’s forthcoming N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton. As it turns out, that may have been only the beginning of a larger reunion.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Universal Pictures is actively plotting an N.W.A. reunion tour, one which would feature Eminem filling in for the late Eazy-E. The plan is for the jaunt to take place in Europe to coincide with the film’s August 14th release.

“We don’t have anything settled yet with everyone’s schedules,” Universal head Donna Langley told THR of the studio’s grand plan. “But we think it can create a lot of buzz.”

Though Eminem was just 14 years old when N.W.A. formed in 1986, his involvement in a possible reunion does make sense. He’s been a longtime collaborator of Dr. Dre, and is also set to appear on the film’s accompanying soundtrack.

The Hollywood Reporter story also includes extensive details about the making of the film and interviews with both Dr. Dre and Ice Cube. Both men specifically comment on the on-set incident in which Suge Knight ran over and killed a man. You can read the full article here.

Lame. Thats worse than lame actually, thats the biggest load of bullshit i ever heard, so Em's gonna do Eazys verses on N!ggaz 4 Life? :lol: Absoute fucking crime if you ask me, beyond a travesty.

'Why do i call myself a...a...'

*crowd glares at Em'*

a...uhm, honky? :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Lame. Thats worse than lame actually, thats the biggest load of bullshit i ever heard, so Em's gonna do Eazys verses on N!ggaz 4 Life? :lol: Absoute fucking crime if you ask me, beyond a travesty.

*crowd glares at Em'*

That's why God made hype men. I assume Em's hype man will handle all of the... how shalll we say... un-white-friendly language. :lol:

Tour the US and I'd go see it for sure.

So would I, but that doesn't mean I'd like the idea of a white guy in a band called hooray for tolerance!s With Attitude. But to see the remaining members all together would be pretty fucking cool.

Tour the US and I'd go see it for sure.

So would I, but that doesn't mean I'd like the idea of a white guy in a band called hooray for tolerance!s With Attitude. But to see the remaining members all together would be pretty fucking cool.
Yeah, very odd and controversial to say the least, but would definitely like to see them honestly.

But I also find it hard to believe Dre would actually tour.

• Like 1

*crowd glares at Em'*

People always say that people with my so-called militant approach to this kinda shit suggests some kinda unnatural attachment to something trivial but the idea works the other way too, some folks emotional attachments to the names and ideas regarding pop culture phenomenons are laughable. GnR are a blatant example of it, as long as it sounds something like em when we close our eyes we'll go to a NuGnR gig and call it GnR in the same way as NWA now, fuck it, as long as it's called NWA and a bunch of members are there you could replace one with Kenny G as long as the others are there and the audience feels they have some kinda match to the NWA footprint then I'd go, quite frankly it's a fucking joke and all to do with capitalising on this movie bullshit and all that shit.

And honestly, if it goes forward and happens and Dre is there then it shows what an oppertunistic cunt he has become. That NWA reunion with Snoop was confirmed in the late 90s when Next Friday came out and Cube was doing War & Peace but they never followed through on it cuz this, that and the third and the music aint right and all kindsa excuses and now suddenly there's a big movie about to come out to tie it into and suddenly all that artistic 'the music aint right' Dr Dre perfectionist bullshit goes right out the fuckin' window and we get a tour and NWA music maybe and all kindsa shit.

And thats the story behind Detox too, Dre don't not release music cuz he's too much of a perfectionist, thats fuckin' bullshit, he don't release music cuz he don't have something to market it around. He only threw out 2001 cuz the success of Eminem helped him grow some balls and he knew any album with Em' featuring prominently enough to pump out a few videos like Forgot About Dre to hang it off of would guarantee it to be a fuckin' success, thats why 2001 came out...same with this NWA shit, if they do tour and it is followed pretty sharply by a new album then quite frankly to me that'll show Dre up for I've suspected for a while he is.

The most guilty perhaps out of all of this is Cube though, cuz he knows better quite frankly, AmeriKKKas Most Wanted Cube, THAT guys gonna be in an NWA fronted by a white guy? Sorry but I just do not see that happening. If it is then Cube is seriously gone in the head, i know he's made some bullshit kids movies or whatever but I've never held that against him, this would be seriously fuckin' fakin' though.

The value in Straight Out of Compton ain't the fact that it was so raw and shocking that it made whiteboys buy it to make their parents mad, the value aint that it sold so many fuckin' albums, the value ain't in it being full of fuckin' swearing, the value in it is/was that it was the reflection of an actual social experience that, since people like the Black Panthers, had been fuckin' ignored and swept under the carpet, the value was that it was an ugliness that the establishment didn't want to know about and, most importantly, didn't want presented to the population at large, to the point of the federal government of the united states of america telling the group to lay off that shit, THATS the value, the seditious content and how that related to the cross-section of society that the band came from and by virtue of that, represented. Now Eminems gonna represent that, really? A hollywood movie is gonna represent that? A bunch of soft lads with their ipads and bottles of Evian water and little girl Eminem fans front row with coloured fuckin' wrist-bands shrieking when he comes onstage is gonna represent that?

I've heard some fuckin' lame bullshit in my time but this really takes the fuckin' biscuit.

*crowd glares at Em'*

He said it in the Foolish Pride tape The Source (read Benzino and Dave Gays) put too too...and I didn't give a fuck then either.

• Like 2

He said it in the Foolish Pride tape The Source (read Benzino and Dave Gays) put too too...and I didn't give a fuck then either.

I know, but one is from when he was a kid and the other is in front of an audience (with Dr. Dre, no less).

Granted there's no way he'd do it now, but it's hilarious that he did it in the past.

I love Dre, Cube, Ren, Yella, and Em. But that would be wack as hell if they did it. I bet it's b.s though. After Coachella, "insiders" were saying there was going to be a big Dre and Snoop tour with the Pac hologram, and there was really nothing to it at all.

They just need to get all the boys together and do Up In Smoke Tour pt.2.

• Like 2

nostalgia cash grab tours are not exclusive to rock 'n roll? cool.

it'd be worth it just to see old school hip hop fans get mad

Why would Old School hip hop fans care? :lol: The Old School never rated NWA anyway.

Edited by Len B'stard

They just need to get all the boys together and do Up In Smoke Tour pt.2.

I'd go see that. But with the recent NWA publicity and the movie thing coming out, that name would probably be a much bigger draw. It's a money thing I think.

I don't think many kids today know Up In Smoke. Especially in Europe.

Edited by username
  • Like 1