29 years ago totay Axl quits GNR and was fired too.

I JUST LOVE THIS INFO.

Marc, thanks so much for sharing all that. The Reckless Road book has so much great info and photos.

Marc, do you know why Axl sang FORTY DAYS with Prodigal Sons?

Was he friends with the band?

Do you know if there is any recording of this particular Axl performance?

(i just googled prodigal sons and forty days and found nothing)

Also, do you know why Axl quit? Can you talk about it?

Thanks in advance :headbang:

I JUST LOVE THIS INFO.

Marc, thanks so much for sharing all that. The Reckless Road book has so much great info and photos.

I recorded it on video. I don't know for sure but I think Axl knew some of the members in that band and thats why he did that song with them.

I JUST LOVE THIS INFO.

I recorded it on video. I don't know for sure but I think Axl knew some of the members in that band and thats why he did that song with them.

Wow Marc that is just cool.

Sometimes I just cant believe how lucky we all GNR maniacs are... that you were there recording it all... and that you take the time to let us know now... here is hoping that we can see all that golden footage (or listen to that) one day!

:headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

There was a gig at Club Lingerie that night but Axl was upset with some things and quit the band that afternoon and was fired too. Tom Zutaut worked his magic and by the time of the gig, the band was back together. They played that night under the name Fargin Bastydges. The set list can be seen in the photo. Also Axl played a song with the band that opened for them called Prodigal Sons. The song was "Forty Days" Also 2 days before this gig they played a gig Bogart's in Long Beach which was the first gig in 10 months that Slash used his old BC Rich warlock. He had just sold his Hunterburst Les Paul for drug money.

can you explain the name Fargin Bastydges for non native Americans? is it a word play? does it mean anything? is it a proper name?

There was a gig at Club Lingerie that night but Axl was upset with some things and quit the band that afternoon and was fired too. Tom Zutaut worked his magic and by the time of the gig, the band was back together. They played that night under the name Fargin Bastydges. The set list can be seen in the photo. Also Axl played a song with the band that opened for them called Prodigal Sons. The song was "Forty Days" Also 2 days before this gig they played a gig Bogart's in Long Beach which was the first gig in 10 months that Slash used his old BC Rich warlock. He had just sold his Hunterburst Les Paul for drug money.

can you explain the name Fargin Bastydges for non native Americans? is it a word play? does it mean anything? is it a proper name?

I think Marc explained that on some other thread.

If my memory is right, Marc said that some character in a movie says fucking bastards in a funny way, that sounds like fargin bastydges

• Like 1

so GNR technicaly have zero original members whom doesn't quit the band

actually axl quit more than once

he quit live onstage on october 18 1989, opening for the rolling stones

you can download it and listen to it here = http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/guns-n-roses-live-in-los-angeles-1989-1cd-october-18-a-201364.html

I've never stated that Axl quit only once and i have this show for years now, thanks

Edited by Strange Broue

As far as the gig with the Stones, I sort of remember it being more like "if some people don't stop dancing with Mr Brownstone then this will be my last gig". I will have to go back and listen to my tape to be sure.

Yes Mark, Axl says that indeed.

Its a pretty crazy show...

I just listened to it a few days ago and just did it again now to check exactly what Axl said...

Before the first song Axl says...

- "I am sick and fucking tired of this publicity bullshit about our fuckin song One in a Million..."

and then talks about that for a minute...

Than they play Its so Easy

Then right after Its so Easy (and before Mr Brownstone) Axl says...

- "I hate to do this onstage but I've tried every other fucking way... And unless certain people in this band get their shit together, these will be the last Guns n Roses shows you will fucking ever see... Cause I am tired of too many people in this organization dancing with Mr. Goddam Brownstone..."

Then before the last song, Paradise City, Axl talks again -- and quits the band onstage!

- "We're gonna do one more song and before that Id like to announce that this is my last gig with Guns n Roses... And this is called Paradise City, which there aint no such fuckin place anywhere..."

They played on the next night (October 19th) and Slash said that Guns n Roses wouldnt be over because of drugs (I dont know right now the exact words that he used) and after that Axl apologized onstage for what he said the night before!