DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

So can we officially erase ashba from all guns n roses related things now. I mean he never even officially played on an album, just a live DVD. He is officially the most disliked and honestly contributed nothing to the history of the band, so I would just assume remember him as a bad dream or something. When Chris Pitman and Paul Tobias officially contributed more than you in the history of gnr, that means you were essentially worthless...

• Like 3

I remember reading rumors around the Vegas run of shows that Axl was retiring and this was the end of NuGNR, seems like that is defintly a real possibility now (Even tho there was a facebook post by GNR that said something to the effect of "Axl isnt going anywhere".

Bumble has quit, fortus says he hasnt heard anything and that its all "up in the air" and Ashba has now quit. The NuGNR as we know it is done.

Slash is already working on another album with the conspiritors and planning another tour so a reunion is out of the question for the next year or 2... I think Axl has finally called it a day. The Guns N Roses name dies with him...

Jarmo, who is tight with Axl, seems to think Axl's not done yet.

Jarmo is obsessed with Axl Rose, i wouldnt say hes "tight" with him. You think Jarmo knows more then Fortus? doubt it...

I would assume Ashba quit because there is no future with NuGNR, SixxAM is a working band, where he is a major contributor and song writer. They write, record, release, tour...

Jarmo goes on tour for free and hangs out with Axl Rose and his family. I'd say that puts him a few pegs above 'obsessed fan'. He's pretty much Axl's mouthpiece on the net - not saying that on the net - he's in the loop with TB so if Axl was done he'd probably know.

Stephen Ridout Ron I have to ask why is it OK for DJ to announce he has quit, but for you, you have been forced to almost play mind games with everyone.

Ron Thal Must have to do with the timing of it all....... not sure if anything needs to be said at this point... :P

In the same breath he says this though "Dj left GNR", which would make you interpret his words as "Dj quit, not me" why not just end the is he, isn't bullshit. The reading between the lines stuff is fine (some people get it), but a lot of people are not taking the hints... I think a statement of some kind is necessary to clear it up. I personally think he's out. I really like Bumble, super nice guy and an exceptional player but this cliffhanger bullshit!? GnR fans don't need this on top of a frontman that has complete contempt for his fans... the one's who want to support his new experimental music, which is a complete departure from the band that we all fell in love with. How an artist can turn their backs on fans like that is beyond words.

tongue emoticontongue emoticon

Edited by Tom2112

DJ did less than Gary Sunshine. At least we got a song with sunshine.

I forgot about Gary Sunshine. When Gary fucking Sunshine is more important to you in the history of gnr, you know you were important...

Gary fucking gets it done. He gets results. He got Axl to seriously look into guitar playing.

DJ did less than Gary Sunshine. At least we got a song with sunshine.

I forgot about Gary Sunshine. When Gary fucking Sunshine is more important to you in the history of gnr, you know you were important...

Gary fucking gets it done. He gets results. He got Axl to seriously look into guitar playing.

He was the man. Gary Sunshine for gnr in 2015!!! Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

In a reunion, Slash won´t play songs from CD era, and IMO Axl won´t throw away 20 years of work just to get Slash back to play the same songs they used to play in the past. So, I think or we will see Robin/Bucket back or new guys to tour when the next album drops up. Because of course, do another tour after all this mess will be just stupid, but... this is axl´s guns n roses, so, meh

In a reunion, Slash won´t play songs from CD era, and IMO Axl won´t throw away 20 years of work just to get Slash back to play the same songs they used to play in the past. So, I think or we will see Robin/Bucket back or new guys to tour when the next album drops up. Because of course, do another tour after all this mess will be just stupid, but... this is axl´s guns n roses, so, meh

I don't for one second believe Slash and Axl will play together again, but you do realise the last time Axl's band toured they only played 2-3 ChiDem songs per show. Edited by Towelie

I don't for one second believe Slash and Axl will play together again, but you do realise the last time Axl's band toured they only played 2-3 ChiDem songs per show.

Even if was just one song, if axl drops it, he loose the war against slash :lol:

So two members have left during this hiatus.

Either both have been informed the band is done or GNR pay a lot less than we all assume.

DJ and Bumble don't exactly have incredibly lucrative outside ventures, hard to believe they would walk away from GNR's easy money without something substantial going down.

Whatever the case, we won't be seeing much from Axl Rose for a very, very long time.

Not that I care.

I think it's mainly that they wanted to make the music they wanted to make, and that wasn't happening in GnR. So Bumblefoot decided to focus on his solo material and DJ wants to focus on Sixx AM.

Doubt it...

Or at least I doubt that's the only reason.

Edited by axl_on_drums

Tommy jumped off the ship last year... Bumblefoot cryptically jumped off the ship along time ago, then crawled back on the ship, and cryptically jumped off the ship again... DJ Ashba probably handed in his two week notice last year, but it took that long to get it approved by the army of lawyers.

Edited by Randy Jesus

I think it's mainly that they wanted to make the music they wanted to make, and that wasn't happening in GnR. So Bumblefoot decided to focus on his solo material and DJ wants to focus on Sixx AM.

Doubt it...

Or at least I doubt that's the only reason.

Well, to each their own.