DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

Best news in a long time...

so he finally fed up with Axl's (and his own) bullshit

So NuNuNuGNR is over

also the speculation of a new album and DJ's songwriting talents in GNR speculation is over finally

man, this is the first thread i've read here in about a few days and i'm glad

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

I can see Robin coming back for a tour or two with a short contract. It'd either be him and another random guy or two new random guys. The reunion talk is fun, but replacements are going to be what Axl does (if anything at all)

Finck knows better than to come back to the band full-time.

Honestly, through the rest of the year I'd expect more members of the band to announce they're dropping out until it's just Axl left. Except Dizzy, but nobody really cares about Dizzy

Yesterday this news struck me as shocking since I thought Ashba would stick around forever and yet not surprising because he too is obviously tired of no new music despite six years in the band. Even though I'm happy we won't have to hear him butchering the songs anymore, it also really confirms that there's not much left to whatever we're calling a band. Ashba already had no Guns music to his credit, and the next guy (if there is one) will be just another replacement of a replacement for another nostalgia tour.

The sad thing is Axl has had so many opportunities to make something of this band and yet he never does. Bumble and Ashba gone brings us even further away from the great line-up and shows we had in 2009/2010 before the momentum died once again. It's like the momentum always just starts building and then the inactivity or lack of progress causes talented and dedicated band members to leave. Rinse and repeat. It makes it even more difficult to accept yet another round of new members and zero other progress from Axl. Just when you think he's got a line-up that can prove the band isn't a joke and he does nothing with it.

• Like 4

Finck knows better than to come back to the band full-time.

Honestly, through the rest of the year I'd expect more members of the band to announce they're dropping out until it's just Axl left. Except Dizzy, but nobody really cares about Dizzy

Robin wouldn't have to record anything. Plus he loves touring, and he performed Better with Guns in 2012. Showed he can still enjoy playing music with Axl live.

It's unlikely, but possible cause if Axl ever releases CD ll, Robin may want to do a tour just to play his guitar parts and it would be easy for him since he played the old stuff as well. So there isn't anything new there to learn.

But he left twice already and has been in Guns for 10 years and he said he's working on his solo album.

Edited by Rovim

Axl can't unleash a new album/tour/band with two brand new guitar players. Not after losing the original band, then losing Robin/Bucket.

So either Bumble will be back.

Or, once Slash's current tour is over - reunion.

Those have to be the only two options.

Can you imagine Axl rolling out with another version of the band with two new guitar players? The jokes that would bring from everybody?

are you kidding? Nobody other than us geeks on the fan forums even knew who was in NuGnR's.

Axl can replace Ashba and Bumble with two other no name shredders and keep on milking that cow to the last drop and noboby will be the wiser.

Sadly, this. At this point everybody in GnR other than Axl Rose is utterly replaceable.

Sadly, even Axl Rose can be replaceable. I've seen/heard better tribute band singers than him now....

end of story

SOMETHING is going on behind the scenes that points to some sort of reunion.

1. GNR "retirement" and "free calendar" rumor spreads.

2. Axl denies it, but it's currently happening, so there was truth to it.

3. Eddie Trunk and Mitch Lafon have both been hearing things from "reliable sources" that indicate there will be a new/old lineup in the next year or so.

4. The daily dose of Duff McKagan interviews stopped out of nowhere.

5. Slash changes his tone on reunion questions.

6. Not a peep out of Matt Sorum on Kings of Chaos, but tons of #TBT posts with Izzy and Axl on Facebook

7. Dead Dasies, Sixx A.M., Replacements news

8. Richard Fortus previously mentioned that some of the material on the new albums came from Slash. There may be some sort of legal issue where Slash has to give permission for it to be used (doubt it, but you never know)

9. At the Golden Gods Awards last year, Axl included "all of our lineups" in this thanks.

10. Steven Adler's comments about the NuGNR have been toned down... a little.

But most importantly - the fact that nobody can/will talk about it!

Trunk/Lafon - They've heard things, but they can't tell who from

Duff/Matt - Suddenly very quiet

Slash - "I have to be very careful what I say there" and "That would be fun to try at some point"

Bumblefoot - ...

There could be a reunion of the AFD lineup or UYI lineup next year, I'm sure. The interesting thing is, Matt Sorum has said he won't do it unless Steven Adler is involved. That could throw a kink into it UNLESS Sorum accepts the job and uses that time to convince Axl to let Steven come play at the end of the tour. And heck, if Axl is dead-set on having a special effects keyboardist and third guitarist, then throw Matt onto the synth keyboard (rotate drums with Adler) and Gilby on the third guitar for a AFD/UYI combo.

This concludes my first post ever on MyGNRForum.

#WheresIzzy

Edited by G-Money
  • Like 1

Well.....According to Downzy and his "Sources" there is "work" being done in order to release new music......

Thats another thing that I am hearing since 2010 that the album will come out "next year".

Bands are like teams.

Yeah, and just like teams, members may leave and be replaced but the team is still the same team, although with a different lineup. Manchester United is still Manchester United despite the class of '92 having left. It might not be as glorious, we might not like it as much, but it is still Manchester United. You might go around saying it isn't, but that just makes you a moron.
Well, Man U would never become a rugby team right? Cause that's what I'd has happened to guns.

Gnr became a solo project. Dynamics have changed. It's not me saying it's this way. The revolving door of musicians, the players on the album being different from the touring members are proof of that.

Yes, it's called guns n roses but no, it's not really a band. It's like NIN. Axl allows his employees to compose music but he will not use the tracks untouched. He will digitally cut and paste the tracks to sound like he wanted but couldn't pull it off by himself in the said instrument.

I'll never argue that Axl's solo project is not called gnr. But it's not a band like it used to be, like u2 or Metallica are. It's Axl's NIN. It's Axl's E Street Band. I don't see people calling Bruce Springsteen a band.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

SOMETHING is going on behind the scenes that points to some sort of reunion.

1. GNR "retirement" and "free calendar" rumor spreads.

2. Axl denies it, but it's currently happening, so there was truth to it.

3. Eddie Trunk and Mitch Lafon have both been hearing things from "reliable sources" that indicate there will be a new/old lineup in the next year or so.

4. The daily dose of Duff McKagan interviews stopped out of nowhere.

5. Slash changes his tone on reunion questions.

6. Not a peep out of Matt Sorum on Kings of Chaos, but tons of #TBT posts with Izzy and Axl on Facebook

7. Dead Dasies, Sixx A.M., Replacements news

8. Richard Fortus previously mentioned that some of the material on the new albums came from Slash. There may be some sort of legal issue where Slash has to give permission for it to be used (doubt it, but you never know)

9. At the Golden Gods Awards last year, Axl included "all of our lineups" in this thanks.

10. Steven Adler's comments about the NuGNR have been toned down... a little.

But most importantly - the fact that nobody can/will talk about it!

Trunk/Lafon - They've heard things, but they can't tell who from

Duff/Matt - Suddenly very quiet

Slash - "I have to be very careful what I say there" and "That would be fun to try at some point"

Bumblefoot - ...

There could be a reunion of the AFD lineup or UYI lineup next year, I'm sure. The interesting thing is, Matt Sorum has said he won't do it unless Steven Adler is involved. That could throw a kink into it UNLESS Sorum accepts the job and uses that time to convince Axl to let Steven come play at the end of the tour. And heck, if Axl is dead-set on having a special effects keyboardist and third guitarist, then throw Matt onto the synth keyboard (rotate drums with Adler) and Gilby on the third guitar for a AFD/UYI combo.

This concludes my first post ever on MyGNRForum.

#WheresIzzy

Great first post! You've clearly been paying a shitload of attention. Why no posts until now?

• Like 1

The interesting thing is, Matt Sorum has said he won't do it unless Steven Adler is involved.

Matt din't say that, Steven said that and I assume Steven says a lot of things which don't make sense, he makes up half of the things.

Today if Axl calls Matt then Matt would surely go and play with Axl's band and to be honest Axl would call Matt rather than Steven.

Matt and Steven are not buddies buddies with eachother, if they were than Matt would have called Steven to do some guest drumming for King of Chaos in the past so many years, Both of them have respect for each other thats why they don't talk crap about each other.

Die hard fan here since the AFD days.

My thoughts:

If Axl continues with replacements, then I have hope for new material one day.

If Axl goes with a reunion, then it will be fun to see Axl and Slash together, since I've seen the other guys play together over the years (less Sorum/Adler). But this would be a cash grab by the old lineup, as I don't think any of them would continue together and make new music. Slash is constantly working versus Axl's efforts.

I'm actually cheering for new material option.

• Like 1

I want to know the real reason he quit.

What is so distracting with GNR from sixx am and his family(a wife who travels with him) ???

And why immediately remove all GNR related stuff from his website?

Cause he knows he din't contribute anything to GNR?

What the fuck happened to reporters actually finding shit out. You know investigating, finding contacts, sleuthing?

gunsguy is a reporter, ask him.

We got information. Downzy was told that Axl is working on music and that there are plan for next year despite DJ and BBF being out

I understand that it is hard to believe. But that´s the info we are given

• Like 1