DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

ffs people, do you think Fernando is to blame? Sure, an update would be out of this world but do you guys really think he makes the calls? Sometimes it seems you havent been following the same artist for years.

No one is "blaming" him. Simply calling out his shortcomings and apparent incompetent nature as a manager. He doesn't make the plans for Axl but it is his job to keep the fan base somewhat up to date. If he has time to post vague comments on htgth, he has time to make an update. Even if he's just blowing smoke up our ass he could at least update on band member status and if new music is being worked on. He doesn't make the calls but he doesn't have to act so pretentious to the fans.

ffs people, do you think Fernando is to blame? Sure, an update would be out of this world but do you guys really think he makes the calls? Sometimes it seems you havent been following the same artist for years.

No one is "blaming" him. Simply calling out his shortcomings and apparent incompetent nature as a manager. He doesn't make the plans for Axl but it is his job to keep the fan base somewhat up to date.

Not really. His job is to do whatever Axl is paying him to do. If that doesnt include update the fans...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Having read Fernando's messages at HTGTH, all I can say is :Bright-Future-Ahead-sm.jpg

This bands just gonna end up being Axl and a bunch of sock puppets soon.

SOCK PUPPET (Axls voice through gritted teeth): You're the best lead singer in the whoooooole world!

AXL: Thanks Socky.

*massages his bollocks with the sock on his hand*

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Having read Fernando's messages at HTGTH, all I can say is : Bright-Future-Ahead-sm.jpg

SOCK PUPPET (Axls voice through gritted teeth): You're the best lead singer in the whoooooole world!

This isn't to offend Axl or anyone, but I couldn't get south park out of my head since it was brought up.

gnr.png

Edited by Randy Jesus
  • Like 3

Having read Fernando's messages at HTGTH, all I can say is : Bright-Future-Ahead-sm.jpg

This isn't to offend Axl or anyone, but I couldn't get south park out of my head since it was brought up.

gnr.png

this thread is gold

^ That thumbnail is atrocious.

^ That thumbnail is atrocious.

No one is "blaming" him. Simply calling out his shortcomings and apparent incompetent nature as a manager. He doesn't make the plans for Axl but it is his job to keep the fan base somewhat up to date.

Not really. His job is to do whatever Axl is paying him to do. If that doesnt include update the fans...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Delivering kicks in the ass, keeping band intact, alive and preferably creative/inspired is what I think separates managers and Great managers. I recon typical manager does whatever the fuck an artist wants, while great manager occasionally achieves shit artists are grateful of only afterwards&in hindsight.

That said, I don't think there is a person out there who'd be good enough manager to manage a big enough kick in Axl's ass to do anything of the sort. . It'd take a person Axl feels is his equal in terms of authority and presence in all things GNR. Obviously such person doesn't exist. He is a giant and everybody else, band members, Betas and all amount to nothing besides a swarm of flies buzzing around his shit. If Axl wants to do something, something happens. If somebody else wants to do something, nothing happens. Axl cares nothing of what others want. It is simple as that. Dj or Frank or Fernando or whomever occasionally dropping by to deliver some 0-info nugget of bullshit about " things maebe being in motion in few months from now when we release road map of the plan!" type of shit is just hot air that ends up happening every few months no matter what.

I'm pretty sure Axl hasn't had any real desire, inspiration or intention to release or record any new music in a really long time.

Edited by LTD

Now that DJ has left it's even more of a mystery why he was hired in the first place. If Axl just wanted a touring guitarist, surely there were more competent candidates? People argue about DJ's existing fanbase but I seriously doubt he brought a huge number of people to GNR gigs who wouldn't have come without him.

Or a collaboration with Baz:

In latest Sweden Rock magazine, Bach reveals that Axl was to sing on his latest album "Kicking and screaming", but had to cancel it in the last minute. Axl texted Bach and asked "When is the latest possibility to come over and do the vocals". The day came and went but Axl couldnt make it. No hard feelings from Bach though, who also heard a new song that DJ and Axl had written together - it was dark and heavy and very cool - Bach then told the reporter (jokingly?) "If Axls not going to release I want to release it with my band!, its so damn good!"
  • Like 1

Wait, so Axl and DJ did write together? If it wasn't for Baz we wouldn't have known this as weirdly Dj never mentioned him and Axl wrote together? Would love to hear that "dark and heavy" song. This is so annoying that Dj has left when they were creating together. Axl, please include it in next album!

Now that DJ has left it's even more of a mystery why he was hired in the first place. If Axl just wanted a touring guitarist, surely there were more competent candidates? People argue about DJ's existing fanbase but I seriously doubt he brought a huge number of people to GNR gigs who wouldn't have come without him.

Perhaps Axl wanted contributions from DJ to add to the volume of songs he has to choose from for the next album? Perhaps DJ wasn't sure whether his tracks would be included and decided not to risk it?

Let's just pretend he was never in the band to begin with.

I'm appealing for a word filter for the demented one's name :lol:

Seriously though, I didn't bother going to the last 2 GNR shows in my area cause of that guy- this is the best GNR related news since the album came out.

• Like 3

Ron and Dj put a more commercial facade on the CD release. Axl or the label never really went for the full maverick 2000 era release. So it became a 90s retro experience performed by more amicable dudes of the 00s.

Things are truly deader than we even contemplated if Ashba jumped ship, might as well forget about anything except another south american tour and residency when he finds two breeze blocks to tour with, I say breeze blocks as if they haven't read between the lines, which a 5 yr old could do, it's ''nothing new will happen until I'm 70 and finished tinkering with my decade old songs, I might throw you a bone and let you re-record a solo or put in a riff in the second background of a certain track, I might let you persuade me to dust off a new-old classic like Catcher in the Rye in our fourth residency, that's about it, oh yeah, the money's guaranteed and I crack a lot of jokes, drink a lot of Corona and have a friendly management team, so if you have no progressive ambition, hop on board!'

I know that the banner is a little out dated. Maybe we could blank out Ashba and BBF... and put a Question mark over their blacked out figures.

I can easily adjust my banner when anyone new is announced, but given this is the last lineup it makes sense to keep it the way it is. It is starting to get crowded though. :lol:

• Like 1