Realistically-where do we go now?

Axl wrote those songs to get the stuff off his chest

maybe it wasn't for you to hear - as stupid as it sounds

we don't even know what the guy does on a single day basis

plays xbox? watches tv all day?

maybe he enjoys being rich and fat, and what's it to us?

4tus will bring in a new guy and in two years they'll do a tour - south america and some festivals here and there to get the check

's all

Axl gets a bunch of new employees so he can perform as Guns N' Roses and rake in the cash.

That is unless we the people vote NO! with our money and decide not to support him by buying tickets. Which is exactly how I'm feeling. We just enable the man to act like he does. You can't even be certain he bothered to rehearse or get in shape.

Enough is enough, act accodingly and we might start giving a shit again.

GN'R are finished. Find another "active" band to follow.

Slash & the conspirators are the one for me. They are releasing killer tunes, amazing live shows and actually interact with their fans and keep them informed.

GN'R is dead. Accept it and move on. Enjoy the great memories than span from 87 - 14'

• Like 1

I think Axl's next move is to work with other artist on creating an album without the restrictions that GNR brings. Just call it "AXL" find artist that have inspired him in the last 5-10 years. See if they wouldn't mind working with him on a song or two and see what he can compile.

This isn't a new concept, but I think it could potentially bring the most out of Axl.

Gnr is currently non existent. It will take a reunion or a 4 year rebuilding to bring it back. So as it stands we will just be waiting....again.

The way I see it, nothing's changed. It's still one record in 20+ years. Do the math people - why do people think it's suddenly a big road block? DJ is no different than the peeps that left before him. He wanted to create, Axl didn't. Same old same old in GNR land.

Though I did notice that the letter was block written. Maybe Ron kidnapped him and he is trying to throw people off with the way the letter was written. Round 2!

There are either two things that will happen:

1. The same thing as the last decade. An album comes out featuring decade old songs and performances featuring a lot of guitar work by musicians not in the band anymore followed by relentless touring and minimal fan communication

2. Nothing, this is the end.

We will mostly get option 1 however if option 2 happened I would not be suprised at this point. Either way I feel like we are on the Titanic and have been for a while. Except this ship is taking its sweet time to finally go all the way under

Edited by WhazUp

More of the same?

One or two unknown guitarists replace Ron and DJ and Axl carries on rehashing the same show until everyone finally gets bored of it. Maybe there'll be a new release from the CD era. Alternatively Axl just quits but I guess he has a lifestyle to maintain and so at the least I'd imagine the odd Vegas residency.

I can't see yet another new lineup being a huge success and it seems most rock fans have lost interest in GN'R. If pigs fly then a reunion could happen. If Izzy and Duff were to rejoin I guess it could boost interest but it seems that most people just care about Slash and Axl playing together again.

Edited by BassistSeb

Either Axl does nothing, maybe releases some new songs in a few years but never tours them, he reunites the old band, or he comes back with some new or hybrid lineup. Really, anyone who thinks DJ or Bumble have any influence on Axl's way of doing things hasn't been paying attention :lol:

Given that Bumble "wasn't allowed" to announce his departure, I still kinda think the door is open if Axl decides to tour in 2016 for him to "return". I don't think there is a band at all right now, there hasn't been for a year, so there's nothing for him to quit. With DJ, it's like he's (thankfully) saying "even if Axl tours again, I'd rather just sell ashbaswag". :shrugs:

Honestly, a (full) reunion is the only thing that would surprise me at this point.

I will always love the classic era of the band, that was legendary. The nugnr era was good for going to concerts, plus we did get CD. Which was a very good album, and one of the best rock albums post 2000 imo. If that is all, then so be it, the classic era will always be great imo, I'll never not enjoy listening or watching things from that band. Nugnr will always be like a sequel to a movie that could never possibly live up to the greatness of the original.

• Like 1

Cash cab 8.0 without ashba swag endorsements or clothing accecories, no monster energy stickers plastered everywhere or dr. pepper to even mention is straight up shit creek. Might as well vault some dusty tape reels from 1997 with zakk wylde and see if he can get into the studio and relive some metal magic with the old team & very secretively leak us some 5 second snippets of Zodiac/Beta's Barn. Seems like whatever happens will be going back in time no matter what with so much to choose from yet so little decision.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

It's over. Two guitarists are down, the rest of the band has been given the okay to do whatever the hell they want for a good while, and the last tours we've gotten have been Vegas residencies with an out of shape, out of fucks to give Axl. At one point he still wanted to make this band into something with a new line up, but that's been dead for a while now. If we get anything at all after this, maybe it'll just be another greatest hits tour. But I doubt we'll ever see much of Axl again.