Axl Rose......at the end of the day........

i don't have a problem with Axl being Axl

and I have absolutely no doubts he is THE MAN

I listen to Axl's music a lot and I love the energy I get from it,

the moment you don't like what Axl does (or doesn't), represends and stands for - just go away,

don't bug him to change himself, and especially on a message board

and also I look up to Axl bikoz he lives his life on his own terms

no matter what happens , how much more money is on the table, and what "people say

here I would like to post this old picture of Axl wearing a "fuck everybody"baseball cap, but I can't find it

just picture it

• Like 1

here I would like to post this old picture of Axl wearing a "fuck everybody"baseball cap, but I can't find it

just picture it

Well then, maybe this one instead

200.gif

Edited by Ender04
  • Like 1

Good thread, I agree with most of it. The illusion leftovers and whatever was worked on in 1995 is what I really feel sad about. It would of had til and fall to pieces (or versions of them) on it as well. I know people talk about CD 2, but the 1996 album is the real one I feel screwed out of.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

Now that the 6th guitarist has quit, not to mention Duff, it's pretty obvious who the man is who killed GnR. CD as an album sucks to a lot of us so to describe it as a fanastic album that kicks lots of ass matter of factly is completely misleading. You could say that about AFD but not CD. CD is more like a mixed bag that some people love, others hate and some just don't care about. Axl Rose has disrespected and disregarded his fans for nearly 20 years now. He's lied to people including his bandmates I'm sure, he's clearly had gag orders placed on band members, he shows up for mega events like RIO4 completely unprepared..... Axl Rose was the man. He most definitely is NOT still the man. If you wanna know who THE MAN is now, look no further than Slash. He's equally the reason why we are all here and he's done nothing but the complete opposite of Axl post 1995. He's built a great solo career, he respects his fans and generally seems like a cool guy. If a reunion were to ever happen it's Slash who's in the driver's seat because unlike Axl Rose, Slash is THE MAN and he doesn't need Axl one bit. As someone who was onces way more interested and a bigger fan of Axl's than Slash it's very telling how things have changed.

Oh and to be the Last rocker you actually have to rock. Axl doesn't fucking do anything and holing up in Vegas doesn't count as being the last great rockstar.

I appreciate what Axl gave to us in the past but Axl is anything but the fucking man post 1995. He's the fucking joke yes, but The Man? No way.

• Like 1

To be the man you have to have balls. Half-assing the same tired setlist for years on end while both your physical presence and your vocal performance have gone to shit does not take balls. It barely takes anything. Pissing away your own and your band's potential time and time again is not something to be applauded. I used to admire him. These days I pity him.

To be the man you have to have balls. Half-assing the same tired setlist for years on end while both your physical presence and your vocal performance have gone to shit does not take balls. It barely takes anything. Pissing away your own and your band's potential time and time again is not something to be applauded. I used to admire him. These days I pity him.

Summed it up perfectly. I've been a huge fan since '87-'88. However, when I think about it, it's the nostalgia I love. I liked CD, but Axl is a caricature of his old self. Bad ass in late 80s, most of 90's, and '06. Since 2010? Eh........

When the guy is 60 in a few years I don't expect him to be running around stages and howling like its 1991 again. I think touring will become more sporadical and hopefully he drops more records. I just don't understand why he hasn't released more music. If your gonna tour CD:2 get in shape, hire a personal trainer six months before touring CD:2 and hire the 06 vocal coach. If we don't see a record in the next three years we won't get another from this band and that's a damn shame.

Edited by wkuk04

I respect everybody's opinion.

But I still think Axl has the potential and talent to be The Man again.

If every living musician/band decided to release an album of new music on August 1st, 2015, Axl's is the first one that I would buy.

• Like 1

Axl Rose at the end of the day ruined Guns N Roses.

True, yet there wouldn't even be a Guns N' Roses if he didn't exist. He was a one of a kind performer both vocally and in terms of stage presence. He also had a much different approach to writing songs than your typical glam singer on the Sunset Strip in the 1980's.

• Like 2

The voice is an instrument,you have to take care of it like it is tremendously expensive,one of a kind,and irreplaceable. I read about a recording artist agent telling artists to give up dairy,cigarettes,drugs,antidepressants(if possible),caffeine and other things,many months before going into the studio. Some of them can't do it.

If your gonna tour CD:2 get in shape, hire a personal trainer six months before touring CD:2 and hire the 06 vocal coach.

I suspect he might be doing something like this right now, regardless of which lineup we see next.

Or I could be 100% wrong. Just a thought.

If your gonna tour CD:2 get in shape, hire a personal trainer six months before touring CD:2 and hire the 06 vocal coach.

I suspect he might be doing something like this right now, regardless of which lineup we see next.

Or I could be 100% wrong. Just a thought.

I agree. I'd bet money that he is either doing that. Or he isn't.

• Like 1