Imagine if the GnR name was in Izzys possession. For watever reason he had sole control of the name like Axl does today. What would the state of gnr be today?

The name would be on some old paper towel crinkled up in the corner of his r.v., underneath some old dirtbikes.

Imagine if the GnR name was in Izzys possession. For watever reason he had sole control of the name like Axl does today. What would the state of gnr be today?

The name would be on some old paper towel crinkled up in the corner of his r.v., underneath some old dirtbikes.

So more successful then what we have now, gotchya

• Like 2

Yeah, straight-ahead rock bro! No surprises, no diversity, just good ol' fashioned riffs and lyrics about gittin' some. Woo!

It's the diversity of Izzys solo music that makes me prefer his releases over any Guns record. I'd take Ju Ju Hounds over Appetite any day of the week :) Don't get me wrong I love GN'R, but there's a "seriously don't give a shit what you think" attitude to every one of Izzys releases. When he left Guns he could have played it safe and released a Guns-sounding record (much like Slash and Duff both did), but instead he dropped an album mixing RNR with punk, reggae, and whatever the fuck you'd label this:-

^ Songs like that scream RNR to me more than any song on Spaghetti, Chi Dem or even the Illusions for that matter, because this is genuine musical integrity in my opinion :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Probably playing songs like Izzy's solo work but with better guitar solos

Something like a Keith Richards solo band could have done, lol

Yes reggae, country-western, punk, psychedelia and fuzzy instrumentals.

With Izzy there is a purity to his music. Axl's idea of 'diverse' is to add twenty overdubs to a song and say ''look at me, I'm Trent Reznor''. Izzy's is to reach back to the original music and perform something that is, or at least aspires to be, as bona fide as the originals.

• Like 1

If Izzy took over gnr in 1989 it would have been bloody genius. No shitty videos. No overdubs. Izzy would have came in with 10 demos and said ''there is our new album'' and you simply know it would have been a masterpiece. Axl could get one ballad to satisfy his moist vagina. Slash, a heavy metal song. Leave the rest to Stradlin.

Lmfao @ Axl's moist vagina