BUMBLEFOOT Says There Are 'Enough Clues Out There' For Fans To Figure Out His Status With GUNS N' ROSES

bumblefootstudio2014new_638.jpg

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal recently revealed that he was focusing on his solo career after spending eight years playing in the Axl Rose-fronted band. Thal, however, stopped short of saying that he was no longer a member of GUNS N' ROSES, which has caused some fans to criticize him for not coming clean about where he stands with the group.

Asked by journalist Gary Graff to clarify his status with GUNS N' ROSES, Thal said: "That is the thing I am not to elaborate on. I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now."

He continued: "I'm a real busy guy and really enjoying everything I'm doing, and I think that everything I'm doing has a future and a bigger plan — the solo stuff, the other bands, the producing, the charity and educational things I'm doing. These are all the things I love that I've really missed, and I'm very happy to be putting my time back into that. It's really what I should be doing."

Bumblefoot joined GUNS N' ROSES in early 2006 as the replacement for Buckethead. He made his live debut with the band at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on May 12, 2006.

Back in 2013, Bumblefoot expressed his frustration over the fact that GUNS N' ROSES had not made any new music since the release of 2008's "Chinese Democracy". He said: "If something came out at this point, it would be very old material that is just being released now. So it would be unheard material, but to me, I don't consider that a new record, I consider that just releasing old material from a band that doesn't exist anymore. And we need to make an album of this band right now." He added: "I'm all about making music; that's why I make music — to make music. So I'd like to really do that. I would be very happy if GUNS N' ROSES could do that…. I wanna make some music with these motherfuckers. It's a damn good band and we should really have the opportunity to give what we can to all [the fans], and make some music for [the fans]."

Bumblefoot released a new solo album, "Little Brother Is Watching", in February. The disc was composed, produced, recorded, mixed and mastered by Bumblefoot at his studio in New Jersey, and also features drummer Dennis Leeflang.

Another GUNS N' ROSES guitarist, D.J. Ashba, issued a statement on Monday (July 27) saying that he was leaving GUNS N' ROSES. His statement read in part, "It is with a very heavy heart and yet great pride that I announce that I've decided to close this chapter of my life and encapsulate the wonderful times that I've shared with GUNS N' ROSES into fond memories. I have reached a point in my life where I feel its time to dedicate myself to my band SIXX: A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me."

Ashba added: "I want to take a moment to thank Axl from the bottom of my heart for not only the most incredible experience of my life, but for truly believing in me. You are a true friend and a champion of mine and I am forever grateful. And even as I move on to pursue other endeavors, I will always remain one of your biggest fans. I also would like to thank each and every one of you fans for your love and support throughout the years."

Ashba said earlier in his statement that working with GUNS N' ROSES was "the most incredible journey I could have possibly imagined."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-says-there-are-enough-clues-out-there-for-fans-to-figure-out-his-status-with-guns-n-roses/#20Psqo1Fblt9hsvU.99

I'm one of Rons biggest supporters, but the way he has handled this whole thing has been pretty shitty. He should've said nothing at all until he could publicly announce his departure, because this is not making him look good at all right now.

• Like 3

Maybe there is some legal mumbo-jumbo going on. IE: Maybe Ron recorded some guitar parts/unfinished songs that Axl has. Now he wants them back? Who knows. But it would be nice if he would just say, I'm outta here.

Just throwing that out there.

Sounds like he is out..........but keeping the door open in case Axl wants him to go on tour again in 2016.

Read again. It is not about a tour. It is about a new album made by CD leftovers. He wants a brand new album with his music and lyrics on it. He doesn´t want to redo someone else´s solo. So if he doesn´t even want to participate to some extend into a new (old) songs album there is no way he will be willing to play those songs live.

Sounds like he is out..........but keeping the door open in case Axl wants him to go on tour again in 2016.

Read again. It is not about a tour. It is about a new album made by CD leftovers. He wants a brand new album with his music and lyrics on it. He doesn´t want to redo someone else´s solo. So if he doesn´t even want to participate to some extend into a new (old) songs album there is no way he will be willing to play those songs live.

Valid points.

poor bumble, im glad hes out doing something he enjoys but he should just not say anything related to guns since it seems like some legal bullshit is stopping him from saying anymore, although its confusing as to why dj can just announce his shit and bumble cant....weird

Personally I'm quite done with this band. I used to follow for the laughs, but this has become just incredibly embarrassing. I fear Axl is so deep into shit now (Team Brazil, everyone leaving, to stubborn for a reunion, waning interest etc.) that this might become the last we have heard from Gn'R (at least for long) and another major blow to Axl's creativity.

If he was out, would he not just say it since no contracts would apply anymore? If DJ can just walk, then Ron definitely can... If he's not saying anything it's because he thinks it's the right thing to do in the circumstances.

The guy scored some points with me by being fan friendly but now he's just being a total spineless ass. Can't believe I'd actually give ashba some kudos for coming out the way he did, take some notes Ron.

Contracts and roses it is then...

Edited by grouse
  • Like 1