Eddie Trunk weighs in on DJ and Bumble on his podcast

Right what it says in the title. The first 7 minutes or so is his talk about current GNR. Nothing illuminating, but just talking about it. His talking of it ends exactly at 7:30 and starts whenever the podcast begins (probably 1:30 in). So a solid 5 minutes or so on what the current status is if anyone is interested. I know many around here love him, and I for one would like to have his children:

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=658&pid=525885

• Like 1

and I for one would like to have his children:

That's weird.

Anyway you can briefly summarize his thoughts? I'm not as big a fan of his as you are, don't particularly want to listen to him talking about it for 5 minutes. Especially considering he came across as a major softy when he interviewed Axl and DJ.

• Like 1

Anyway you can briefly summarize his thoughts? I'm not as big a fan of his as you are, don't particularly want to listen to him talking about it for 5 minutes. Especially considering he came across as a major softy when he interviewed Axl and DJ.

He was soft on the interview cause it was 4AM cause Axl made him wait for 24 hours for the interview then lied and said he didn't know about it. The only reason that interviewed sucked is cause of Axl. DJ being the puppet there made it even more laughable.

Eddie Trunk on a whole is a very reliable radio guy and as I said, the kids are the true meat and potatoes here (mmmm, mashed).

Used to respect Trunk, but since he started enabling the reunionists he's become quite a disappointment.

Trunk said that there WONT be a reunion.. Not in the foreseeable future anyway.

I think he is along the lines of thinking that GN'R as we know it is over.

Well, that's better then. But he still gave the reunionists ammo that they repeat endlessly.

eddie doesn't do much fact checking or investigating does he? he spouting off about how bumble tweeted and announced he was out after dj? didn't happen. he assumes no work is being done on a record since those guitarists weren't involved? we can't draw that conclusion from that evidence. i suspect some forum members have more info than this guy.

he had bumble in his studio didnt he flat out ask if he was in or out? sounds like he didnt get a definitive answer from ron either. he just sounds like a speculator without any real info or sources.

• Like 1

How in the world do we have more info than a guy who makes a living in the rock music world and can literally pick up a phone and call almost every member of almost every band.

We sit on a forum and speculate while Eddie is going to a 50 concerts a year and hanging out back stage with band members.

• Like 2

Eddie knows the music industry better than anybody on this forum.

True, but judging from his podcast he knows about as much about Guns' current status as most of us. I enjoyed his interview with BBF prior (which would have been more interesting if done after DJs departure) and I share his skepticism of "reunion" theories, though I'm sure by now most people have ruled that out anyway. I think hiatus is the current status of Guns and like Trunk said, there is no new album in the works, whatever little material Ashba, Fortus contributed (Bumble said he didn't contribute anything) was obviously done to keep them busy lol. Chinese leftovers is the best we'll get.

Fortus worked on songs during the CD sessions though. And he may having been finishing off certain tracks.

Who knows what the material is like or if it ever goes to mix...Axl said he had two records recorded. Maybe that was over to the label who just dont care.

Only Fortus, Dizzy and Axl have been positive. Maybe they are delusional. Probably not though.