GN’R Reps Confirm Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal Has Left The Band

Guns N' Roses has decided to clear up the status of guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, saying he is indeed out of the band -- and has been for some time.

A confirmed source with the band tells us that, "Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

Bumblefoot, who joined GNR in 2006 to replace Buckethead, has hinted at his departure for some time, even telling us recently that "I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now" but adding that he was "honoring a request not to make any public statements" about his membership in the band. The GNR source's statement is the first confirmation of his departure.

The news follows in the wake of fellow guitarist DJ Ashba's announcement that he's left GNR to focus on his other band, Sixx: A.M., leaving Richard Fortus as the group's only guitarist. GNR drummer Frank Ferrer, however, said in an interview this week with Stone Chrome Radio that the group is "forging ahead;" "There's a plan in place, and it's happening, so that's all I can say."

http://wrif.com/2015/07/31/gnr-reps-confirm-ron-bumblefoot-thal-left-band/

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 2

Nobody is under contract anymore

and when did everyone's contract got over? I guess all of them have different contracts according to their positions in the band, I assume Ron's contract got over last year and Ashba's contract got over this year in March.