GN’R Reps Confirm Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal Has Left The Band

Maybe Fernando can explain us the meaning of the ChiDem lyrics if he posted them.

Isn't it obvious? All he's got is precious time
It was a joke about how the lyrics from Chi Dem (the song) don't make any sense at all. I'm still able to understand english, thank you very much :max:
I was actually referencing the chorus of the song jokingly. Kind of a dead pan humor attempt. My bad

Oh sorry mate. Had a rough day.

:hug:

Axl was a complete knob for not collaborating with Ron on new material. I know his solo music isn't everyones cup of tea (too quirky for the Motley Crue fans on the board), but the brilliant Art Of Anarchy album which was produced by Ron this year proves that he could've been an asset in the studio with Guns. To anybody who hasn't checked it out, I would honestly say the AOA album is the best balls-to-the-wall rock album since Chinese. Takes a couple of listens to get into, but it really pays off.

I can't believe Axl didn't see this mans potential. Or perhaps he did but was too lazy/unmotivated to get off his arse and do something with him. Either way, with Bumblefoot leaving Guns N Roses, they have lost imo the best guitarist they ever had.

Edited by Towelie

I heard Bumblefoot has an agreement with the management to not talking about leaving the band. Apparently, he is not "exactly glowing with praise about things".

why did a gnr rep throw him under the bus then?

Probably for the same reason a Gnr rep publicly called BBF a liar when he revealed that he was asked to join the band back in 2004, delaying the whole thing for two years...

• Like 1

I heard Bumblefoot has an agreement with the management to not talking about leaving the band. Apparently, he is not "exactly glowing with praise about things".

why did a gnr rep throw him under the bus then?

A couple of months ago BBF himself posted in his facebook that he couldn´t comment futher about his status. He said " I´ve been honoring a request..." And he asked fans not to keep asking him about GN´R. At the same time he gave a lot of hints even before the last show in Vegas. In his last interview before the anouncement he said himself he gave many clues. For most of the fans it was crystal clear from day one.

How can we explain the sentence " I don´t understand why BBF continue to be evasive..." from the rep statement?

Well either BBF lie about the request or the rep. who made the statement was absolutely cluless about the existance of such a request

Edited by Padme

BBF is gone. When do we put these topics to another place? For the record i do like BBF solo stuff. It's angry and rockin.. and sometimes a bit guitar geeky like Vai or Satch. It never did suit GNR for new songs IMO but by fuck could he play the old songs well.

A shame really, BBF seemed to be a great guy, who obviously has remarkable guitar skills.

But this band isn't about BBF or DJ or any of the other "aditional" musicians; it started long before any of them joined and while their contribution was really important, I'm sure GN'R will find a way to move forward as they always did and bring us great things in the future. It's 2015 and it's great that there's still a band to talk about, no-one would have predicted it in 1985 when the band was formed.

I'm sure GN'R will find a way to move forward as they always did and bring us great things in the future. It's 2015 and it's great that there's still a band to talk about.

You gotta be kidding.

I'm confused that so many of you don't understand why Ron is being "evasive."

Look at Rons most recent solo gig. It's mostly GNR covers. Not ChiDem, mind you. Actual GNR covers.

If Ron formally announces his leaving GNR, then he wouldn't be able to tour third world countries, playing Slash and Izzy's material to an unknowing audience of 15-30 people.

Look at Rons most recent solo gig. It's mostly GNR covers. Not ChiDem, mind you. Actual GNR covers.

If Ron formally announces his leaving GNR, then he wouldn't be able to tour third world countries, playing Slash and Izzy's material to an unknowing audience of 15-30 people.

Why wouldn't he? Do you really think there's a contract?

What a crock of absolute shit. Rons was doing guitar clinics all over the world years before he was in Guns. He doesn't play much GNR stuff overall, perhaps at that one show, but he mostly focuses on his own shit. But these aren't gigs, they are clinics, where he sits on a stage, guitar in hand and interacts with the audience. It's not like he comes up with a setlist for it or anything.
  • Like 2

A couple of months ago BBF himself posted in his facebook that he couldn´t comment futher about his status. He said " I´ve been honoring a request..." .

How can we explain the sentence " I don´t understand why BBF continue to be evasive..." from the rep statement?

Well either BBF lie about the request or the rep. who made the statement was absolutely cluless about the existance of such a request

Perhaps the party that made the request he was/is honoring did not come from GN'R. Maybe one of his own promoters or managers who had/is arranging solo shows.

A couple of months ago BBF himself posted in his facebook that he couldn´t comment futher about his status. He said " I´ve been honoring a request..." .

Perhaps the party that made the request he was/is honoring did not come from GN'R. Maybe one of his own promoters or managers who had/is arranging solo shows.

That's actually a great thought - surprised no one has mentioned that sooner. He never said who told him he can't talk about his status in GN'R.

That's actually a great thought - surprised no one has mentioned that sooner. He never said who told him he can't talk about his status in GN'R.

Or maybe leaving the door open for a potential return or will be featured on a future album if he remains silent. Similiar to Bucket, Brain, Finck, and others.