Estranged Video Article

Estranged had a lot going on, they had to recreate that set from Germany to film some of the live action shots, they rented out a wave pool in a film studio, they trained with dolphins, had a helicopter, had a aircraft carrier, slash on rails, and a lot of other stuff I'm forgetting. I'm sure there was nothing cheap about this video.

Honestly I just want a pro shot of that show from Germany they used in the video. That video quality is incredible!

It is a 9 minutes song. They need to add a lot of things for the video to last 9 minutes. And that video was not their original plan. They needed to change it. The original plan was to do something a bit closer o similar with the story With Out You and November Rain video.

nowadays people shoot videos on their iphones ffs lol i miss the days when rock music actually mattered

its fine n dandy to have a few videos like that unofficial its so easy video that was never released.. love that raw footage but i definitely miss the big budget stuff.. no one does that anymore except for shitty wannabe rappers that rent a couple Lamborghinis for a day (if you wanna call that big budget lol)

Of course it was expensive, it was one of the biggest productions at the time. Just look at all the things that are going on in the video: The SWAT team raids Axl's house, overhead shots of the canyons, an entire oil tanker, Slash floating down the Sunset Strip past the Rainbow and Roxy, Slash emerging from the ocean in heavy winds, all the personal touches in Axl's "house" including an enormous replication of jesus on the cross, a cargo plane with a dolphin swimming out of it into mid-air, dolphins swimming down sunset and pouring out of a billboard, Axl's swimming with dolphins, an US Coast Guard helicopter that airlifts him out of the water, not to mention countless extras. So, it wasn't just over a million to make. It was more like maybe 4-5 million to make.

The "Making F--king Videos" and the MTV exclusive recouped some of the cost. You're talking 1993 dollars, if the video was made today, it probably would have been 25 million dollars and would have insisted on CGI. But they might have also done a long form movie based around 3 songs instead of making 3 separate videos and put it on cable or in theaters.

The pool that they rented out in Estranged was also used for Titanic.