Ron Thal performs Sweet Child O' Mine on It's Showtime TV (April)

so....why are you guys crying about this?

cuz BBF cried about he doesn't have time to make new music or do his solo career

then he quit (understandably)

yet he play 2-3 songs on his own, the other songs are GNR covers (not even from CD)

So he basically milking the band's songs while he quit (songs that he has nothing to do, in Axl's band at least he have a contract to play them and make money)

This is almost as disgusting as Ashbaswag, not to mention, this show is retarded, his voice is retarded, his overall looks is even more retarded than Robin Finck's tranny look in 2002 and he even fucks up the SCOM riff badly like DJ Ashba does

that's all

• Like 2

Ah! Who cares... as someone else pointed out what else was he gonna play!? he was in GnR, that's why he was probably on the show. He could have played another song but he didn't. The TV show played SCOM before he went out so I guess he figured that was what they wanted and expected from him.

Here's the facts, Bumble has picked up a lot of new fans through his tenure with GNR, he knows this, he appreciates this and to show this he plays a few songs live when he tours (notice he didn't on the Yngwie tour). The audience wants it, and he likes to give the people what they want.

I see where some of you are coming from, but at the end of the day he played with the band for a whole load of years, all over the world, he can coast off the name or back catalogue all he wants, if he wants (I don't think he's going to play as many when he does regular tours from now on... guess work). It don't change the facts that he's a great guitar player and a super nice guy.

cuz BBF cried about he doesn't have time to make new music or do his solo career

yet he play 2-3 songs on his own, the other songs are GNR covers (not even from CD)

So he basically milking the band's songs while he quit (songs that he has nothing to do, in Axl's band at least he have a contract to play them and make money)

This is almost as disgusting as Ashbaswag, not to mention, this show is retarded, his voice is retarded, his overall looks is even more retarded than Robin Finck's tranny look in 2002 and he even fucks up the SCOM riff badly like DJ Ashba does

that's all

you guys still whine and bitch about everything

Big deal. As posters have pointed out the number of GnR songs he plays probably depends on the tour /promoters /audience. I too saw the Yngwie tour and I dont recall Ron playing any Guns material unless you count The Pink Panther Theme. Like it or not he was in GnR for almost ten years. I'm sure nobody thinks he had anything to do with writing SCOM but because of his association with GnR,some audiences might expect to hear it. I saw Gilby Clarke last year as a middle act on a multi band hair metal bill and probably half of his set was GnR tunes,mostly from AFD. I'm sure the audience there knew Gilby didn't write those songs either. Ron and Gilby are just giving the people what they want and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Axl's blood must be boiling. Apart from that, it's okay imo, as long as he doesn't start abusing of the GN'R songs

but he start abusing them

and that's where the "problem" begins

At this point i don't even know why he gave up the full paycheck in Axl's band

that's all

you guys still whine and bitch about everything

yeah, that is how the internet works

if you don't like you can always move along to another thread or don't reply to my posts :)

Big deal. As posters have pointed out the number of GnR songs he plays probably depends on the tour /promoters /audience. I too saw the Yngwie tour and I dont recall Ron playing any Guns material unless you count The Pink Panther Theme. Like it or not he was in GnR for almost ten years. I'm sure nobody thinks he had anything to do with writing SCOM but because of his association with GnR,some audiences might expect to hear it. I saw Gilby Clarke last year as a middle act on a multi band hair metal bill and probably half of his set was GnR tunes,mostly from AFD. I'm sure the audience there knew Gilby didn't write those songs either. Ron and Gilby are just giving the people what they want and there's nothing wrong with that.

here's his last show's setlist

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bumblefoot/2015/potamos-yermasoyias-parking-limassol-cyprus-1bf661a4.html

9 songs, 6 classic GNR songs

This is just pathetic and people who find this perfectly fine (I'm not saying that playing a few classics from his prev b®and is entirely bad!) are laughable

Btw Gilby somewat estabilish himself as a solo artist. Ron is playing 20 people or in bars....

Do not compare one of the UYI touring guitarists (one of the most succesful rock tours on earth) to Ron BumbleFoot Thal....

Edited by Strange Broue

There's people around the world playing Guns N' Roses songs in bars, tiny clubs etc. I once heard a band covering SCOM in an amusement park, *gasp*.

Seriously, who the hell cares? Let Ron play what he wants.

Edit: And he obviously played SCOM on that show, cause he knew the audience would like it. He knows that the majority of people doesn't know his solo stuff, but they know Gn'R. There is nothing wrong with playing what the audience wants. He is a musician, but he is also an entertainer.

IMO, all the past members can play Gn'R songs as much as they want. They're cool songs. Music should be about fun, not about who has the right to play this song or that song live.

Edited by jekylhyde