Request: A recent video where you can actually hear Pitman

I know it's a dumb thing to start a topic about, but still:

Does anybody have anything, absolutely ANYTHING from the 2009- period where you can actually hear whatever Pitman is supposed to do while onstage ?

During 2001-2002 he was a huge part in the sound of the band, and in 2006-07 his playing was at least perceptible. But I swear, even when I saw them live myself, since 2009 he is just standing there and doing no effort at all. He doesn't even play the things he did on Chinese Democracy. Take as an example the instrumental bridge on Catcher, which I guess is played mostly by him on the record: he just plays some bass chords instead of that (and the rest is on the prerecorded track).

Why? Is it a request from Axl who wants to go back to the old school sound? Is it just him being lazy?

I consider Chris a very talented person basically based on his work with Lusk, his live appearences with Tool and Chinese Democracy. But he seems now like a guy who has really given up....

Anyway, if anyone has a video or audio where Pitman's perceptible I'd love to hear it, because I miss his sound a lot

Thanks!

Edited by BreakDown2014
  • Like 1

During 2001-2002 he was a huge part in the sound of the band,
speaking of which,
is anybody here able to provide video examples of how the live music was divided between Dizzy and Pitman in those years?
what did each of them do that was so unique it couldn't be done by having just one musician on stage playing keys?

speaking of which,
is anybody here able to provide video examples of how the live music was divided between Dizzy and Pitman in those years?
what did each of them do that was so unique it couldn't be done by having just one musician on stage playing keys?

Layers. Different sounds, different approaches. When you mix Dizzy's mmm bop piano parts with Pitman's more futuristic fart echo approach, it becomes something unique. Like hookers and blow.

Edited by Rovim

different approaches of pressing keys on a keyboard?

It's like multiplayer in guitar hero only on keys. Pitman does the synth part in Paradise City. That's live playing. Dizzy's piano parts on Nightrain elevate the song to new heights. These people are needed on stage to make it sound like Guns N' Roses.

It can only be Dizzy and P. No one else.

Edited by Rovim

speaking of which,

It's pretty much a Keys vs Synth kind of thing

It's like Paich and Steve Porcaro on Toto.

I kinda got the impression Pittman was on stage for effect, to act drunk and push his wobbly keyboard over like it's his penis. Wasn't it he who's best input into Chinese was taken from another less known bands album, for which Axl paid out for, not wanting to at the start.

Edited by star