"Guns N' Roses: Deep Cuts" on Apple Music

"In 30-plus years of existence, Guns N' Roses have released the kind of jaw-droppingly great rock n' roll that had the power to change culture. Yes, their hits and singles are known the world over, but their lesser-known tracks- the punk and the metal blasts and rock n' roll strutters- are just as worthy. This playlist collects the fan faves, hidden epics and those that should've been hits."

These are the songs of the playlist:

1- You Ain't The First

2- If The World

3- I.R.S

4- Dust N' Bones

5- Sympathy For The Devil

6- Pretty Tied Up

7- This I Love

8- The Garden

9- Breakdown

10- There Was a Time

11- So Fine

12- Locomotive

Do you agree that these songs are deep cuts? If so, are they the best deep cuts?

Link: Listen to Guns N' Roses: Deep Cuts by Apple Music Rock on @AppleMusic.

https://itunes.apple.com/br/playlist/guns-n-roses-deep-cuts/idpl.3b192aa193db4787ba2d07e0d69f14bb?l=en

• Like 2

I don't think that's too bad a list, when you consider they're not songs that have been played live much, if at all over the past few years. I'd have Double Talkin Jive over Sympathy for the Devil though.

No Coma? Or Don't Damn Me. Wasn't Rocket Queen a deep cut in 87-88? And they really include Sympathy even though it was the straw that broke the camels back?

What does the history surrounding a recording matter if it's a great track? Besides Sympathy is a part of GN'R's history being that it's the last song to feature Axl, Slash and Duff together.

1/3 of this deep cut collection are CD songs. That's fucking hilarious and wrong on so many levels.

Out Ta Get Me
Think About You

Don't Damn Me

Coma(despite it's length)

Dead Horse(even though it had a musci video)
14 Years

Yesterdays(even though it was a single it's a forgotten gem)

the CD songs.... please. Total misrepresentation of Guns N Roses.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

No Coma? Or Don't Damn Me. Wasn't Rocket Queen a deep cut in 87-88? And they really include Sympathy even though it was the straw that broke the camels back?

What does the history surrounding a recording matter if it's a great track? Besides Sympathy is a part of GN'R's history being that it's the last song to feature Axl, Slash and Duff together.

Well, a deep cut To me would come off of a bands album and be an original song , and sympathy was a cover on a soundtrack. Edited by jmapelian

Theres some logic to it but not that much that it's boring.

The singles for CD were If the World, Shacklers as pre-release singles. Then the main ones were Chi dem, Better, SOD. I can see that ITW was completely overlooked and not played live but is a great song. TWAT is definitely one that should get more attention. IRS might have something for Illusion era fans. TIL seems like it got love via live shows and maybe should have been one of the main singles.

Coma is a metal hammer favorite, its pretty well known. Locomotive has less light on it.

14 years they played live more than DNB.

You Aint the First could be a Lies type song.

The Garden and Breakdown very overlooked for the illusions era not singles or live tracks. I guess a whole bunch of illusion tracks could be chosen.

Sympathy is a lesser known cover.