2-4 Months, What's the News?

What's the news?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not sure who is to blame for the radio silence, but management or Axl should at least reach out to the current band members (all of the remaining one's) and fill them in on the game plan. At least if all the guys know what's being planned they can all give the same answers, if the plans change and nothing happens OK, but it looks much worse to have 2 guys saying one thing, another saying something else and radio silence from the boss.

The new band seems to be finished, I can't see them being taken seriously after this whole debacle. Everyone laughed about them on the 2006 - 2014 tours and those line ups didn't have much change at all, now with a very public meltdown people are lapping it up, if Guns hit the road again with the current band, the only way they escape becoming a laughing stock is if they have a great album under their belt (8/9 out of 10 stuff) I cannot imagine them releasing an album that everyone and anyone will get behind though... all clues point towards a darker, heavier version of CD and I don't think that's what the majority want to hear.

I will be very, very surprised if in 2-4 months we hear anything at all from GnR.

I don't disagree necessarily with what you said except maybe the part I highlighted. How can we be sure if anyone has been informed of the game plan or not? Look at the "band" the last year:

- Bumblefoot,the only real honest member over the nugnr years, has remained completely silent. The guy who spoke too honestly too soon all of a sudden silent because he's allegedly "honoring a request from someone not to say anything"..what justifiable reason could that possibly be?

- Dj is out so why would anyone ask him anything gnr related unless it's "what was it like to work with Axl?"

- Tommy has actually been honest saying he has no clue but if a reunion is in the works why would he leak it? Then again, he wouldn't be a part of it so why would he know about it? He's missed like 80% of the tour the last year or two when this was allegedly in the works...so how honest is he or isn't he? Maybe he is out of the loop and just trying to play things cool because lord knows what's coming since a reunion may not be set in stone so maybe Axl will still want him..?

- Richard and Frank have high hopes, but then again, they've been very vague. They keep saying big things are coming for GNR fans but exactly what those things are no one knows...the closest we've gotten is "yeah we're working on recording stuff blah blah blah" vague stuff..all the same we've been hearing for years. We don't buy it, they don't buy it, but they have to at least try to sell it. They owe Axl that for the opportunity he gave them.

- Pitman has said what lately? What about dizzy? They've both all of a sudden been completely silent. Hmmm..

Hey, I know I'm crazy and this could be a stretch,but how much of one is it really? All in all we have generic,vague answers from a band that may be over but then again they could be keeping a secret for a potential reunion that may or may not be in the works with no one wanting to say anything until it's official because in Guns N Roses world nothing is official until its official. Nothing

Edited by Billsfan

• 2 weeks later...

That Brazils are probably the worst managers in the history of managers.

Team Brazil are the Steve McClaren and Graham Taylor of rock.

The wally with the brolly. A bit harsh they were atrocious. Carlton Cole is the Jar jar binks of England.

Wait, you mean people actually voted something other than "nothing?"

I'm gonna take the positive view here and assume the GNR fan community is not stupid...just a very wishful group of thinkers.

We are about 2 weeks from the start of the 2-4 month timeline provided in the original post.

Somebody should compile a FULL list of the b.s. "coming soon," "something's happening this year," etc., quotes relayed to us via folks in and near what used to be the band called GNR.

One album in 20 years? (the album was 7 years ago...) and almost half of the voters expected something other than nothing? Sheesh.

I think Fernando was just saying he didn't want to give any news because if he for example said "2 months" and then nothing happened for 4 months, he'd be called a liar. I don't think he actually meant that information was coming in 2-4 months...

I'm hoping that Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy are in talks to do a tour.

I think if the original members reunite even for a short time, they just play like they did back in 1988.

Just the band singing without any other fancy stuff. I think that would be awesome.

the band should do all of AFD and then after the 90 minute show, tell the fans how the band will work on new music and then do a world tour in 2016.

I know, I'm way off, but how fantastic would that be?

2-4 months, so basically that started in August... meaning at the earliest we might get updates is now, but realistically we're looking at November / December (if at all).

I don't think it would have killed him to come back every few weeks, even if it was with false promises or predictions (example of how low our expectations are). He's their manager and he can't tell what they'll be doing in 6 months. Ask any other manager of a band the size of GnR, and I guarantee they would be able to tell you the next year pretty confidently. He can't even confirm or deny that a new record is or isn't being worked on. What is it that he actual does?

I want to remain hopeful that some news will come out this year, but when they haven't even talked to the band yet, what hope should we have that we're about to get an update! If Guns have 2016 plans they need to inform the band members so they don't busy themselves with side projects. If I was Richard or any pro musician I would be planning for 2016 right now, I wouldn't be waiting for a possible call from GnR.

Edited by Tom2112

Man oh man I can't wait for him to return with the answer to questions like:

- What's your favorite tv show, nando?

- Are you a dog or a cat person?

- Hey Fermanager! Thanks for taking the time to come talk to us! Could you tell me if Axl is really a jokster? I heard he pulls pranks to the boys! He seems like a funny funny guy!

• Like 1

- Hey Fermanager! Thanks for taking the time to come talk to us! Could you tell me if Axl is really a jokster? I heard he pulls pranks to the boys! He seems like a funny funny guy!

We already know those answers:

Dança dos Famosos, and Axl will be appearing (that's the big news due)

Cats, because of Axl

Yes, Axl is a joker, he's always making people laugh and telling great stories!

This sums up HTGTH forum quite nicely.