You can only have one: a new album from the classic lineup, or a reunion tour

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The magic is long gone, they're too fkn old and estranged themselves from Axl. Did Duff playing with the band in 2014 really that great? I like Tommy maybe a bit more. Duff and Izzy as guests is enough, don't really care about Steven, Matt or Gilby.

I just want to hear Axl on new materials.

If his voice is shot, a tour with the real band would be too screwed up to watch. I'd rather have an album either way. It'd be a great last stroke of greatness and if his voice is shot, he can perfect it with more takes. I don't want to hear Mickey Mouse over Slash's guitar. I've already heard Myles and his 'dying cat' style so no.

• Like 2

Wow, lots of album votes. I'd go with a tour though. A new album won't be that good. They have such creative differences, different work habits and they probably would only barely like each other enough to make it through a small tour, let alone composing and recording an album (which customarily takes any formation of GN'R waaaay too long).

Guns N' Roses is by far my favorite band of all time, but I couldn't care less about a new album. A reunion tour with the classic lineup would be pretty fucking cool, I'd actually shell out cash to see them play the classics live, assuming Axl could actually pull it off.

A new album though? Whats the point of that? If they managed to keep it together through the 90's and 00's that'd probably be a different story, but this band reached it's conclusion 2 decades ago. At this point, to see them play the songs they wrote when there was still inspired creative fuel in the tank would be fantastic. A reunion + new album would seem forced to me. There's no way it could possibly exceed anything they've done already. Just do a round of shows for the fans and hang it up.

• Like 1

New music from any band trumps a tour of the same band. Would I want a new album featuring Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Axl or a tour where they play the greatest hits? The answer is fucking obvious.

Also anyone who picked reunion tour over a reunion album and has ever said they don't care about a reunion or that those who do are just living in the past are damn hypocrits. Nothing is living in the past more than wanting a tour when you could have a full album of new material to take with you for the rest of your life.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 4

Guns N' Roses is by far my favorite band of all time, but I couldn't care less about a new album. A reunion tour with the classic lineup would be pretty fucking cool, I'd actually shell out cash to see them play the classics live, assuming Axl could actually pull it off.

A new album though? Whats the point of that? If they managed to keep it together through the 90's and 00's that'd probably be a different story, but this band reached it's conclusion 2 decades ago. At this point, to see them play the songs they wrote when there was still inspired creative fuel in the tank would be fantastic. A reunion + new album would seem forced to me. There's no way it could possibly exceed anything they've done already. Just do a round of shows for the fans and hang it up.

You ask what's the point of a new album from the classic lineup? Yet you vote for a pointless nostalgia tour? I don't get some of you people's logic

• Like 1

I absolutely want a reunion. A reunion of the Bucket-era. And i'm not an idiot. Twat is worth more than everything the 80s/90s alumni have done either together or on their own all put together.

That feels really good to say after 15 years of people hijacking 'New Guns' threads to cry 'reunion!'

• Like 1

Tour.

They could just avoid eachother before and after going on stage, so that could be drama-free (bar waiting for Axl to show up). Many bands do that these days anyway, they only see eachother on stage.

A new album would start a lot of drama, creative differences and not knowing when Axl will show up, or even at all.