You can only have one: a new album from the classic lineup, or a reunion tour

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guns N' Roses is by far my favorite band of all time, but I couldn't care less about a new album. A reunion tour with the classic lineup would be pretty fucking cool, I'd actually shell out cash to see them play the classics live, assuming Axl could actually pull it off.

A new album though? Whats the point of that? If they managed to keep it together through the 90's and 00's that'd probably be a different story, but this band reached it's conclusion 2 decades ago. At this point, to see them play the songs they wrote when there was still inspired creative fuel in the tank would be fantastic. A reunion + new album would seem forced to me. There's no way it could possibly exceed anything they've done already. Just do a round of shows for the fans and hang it up.

On the creative fuel aspect it doesn't seem there was any left after the Illusions it's like they burnt themselves out, lots of tracks (some filler) and a mammoth world tour and then a covers album and reports of in house fighting and people doing the blame game. I've said before CD is the most imaginative and in depth material from any member of Guns N' Roses past, the problem for me is after the Illusion albums they didn't want to take a different direction some of the members seemed content with meat & potatoe Rock n Roll in the middle of the alternative movement, they faded away so fast in the middle of the 90's that I honestly didn't think a comeback would be possible with the classic lineup. Look at AIC, they pulled it off without the brilliant vocals of Layne and somehow managed to keep there distinctive sound. It's all if's and but's but what can we say as fans in relation to this band if we didn't have a place like this to vent our feelings & opinions it would drive us mad or we would lose interest.

Its a celebrity culture,give the kids a chance to see the legends.

Setlist:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Live N Let Die

Sweet Child O Mine

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Dust N Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin Jive

November Rain

Coma

Civil War

14 Years

Yesterdays

Knockin on Heaven's Door

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

Estranged

Nightrain

Rocket Queen

My Michelle

Used to Love Her

Patience

Paradise City

Setlist:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Live N Let Die

Sweet Child O Mine

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Dust N Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin Jive

November Rain

Coma

Civil War

14 Years

Yesterdays

Knockin on Heaven's Door

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

Estranged

Nightrain

Rocket Queen

My Michelle

Used to Love Her

Patience

Paradise City

Dude!!! Its the same setlist as 25 years ago!!!

:lol:

Guns N' Roses is by far my favorite band of all time, but I couldn't care less about a new album. A reunion tour with the classic lineup would be pretty fucking cool, I'd actually shell out cash to see them play the classics live, assuming Axl could actually pull it off.

A new album though? Whats the point of that? If they managed to keep it together through the 90's and 00's that'd probably be a different story, but this band reached it's conclusion 2 decades ago. At this point, to see them play the songs they wrote when there was still inspired creative fuel in the tank would be fantastic. A reunion + new album would seem forced to me. There's no way it could possibly exceed anything they've done already. Just do a round of shows for the fans and hang it up.

On the creative fuel aspect it doesn't seem there was any left after the Illusions it's like they burnt themselves out, lots of tracks (some filler) and a mammoth world tour and then a covers album and reports of in house fighting and people doing the blame game. I've said before CD is the most imaginative and in depth material from any member of Guns N' Roses past, the problem for me is after the Illusion albums they didn't want to take a different direction some of the members seemed content with meat & potatoe Rock n Roll in the middle of the alternative movement, they faded away so fast in the middle of the 90's that I honestly didn't think a comeback would be possible with the classic lineup. Look at AIC, they pulled it off without the brilliant vocals of Layne and somehow managed to keep there distinctive sound. It's all if's and but's but what can we say as fans in relation to this band if we didn't have a place like this to vent our feelings & opinions it would drive us mad or we would lose interest.

They had material but Slash and Axl got in a pissing match. Some people had already moved on from listening to GNR even back in 1991 but still wanted to see them live on the UYI tour. We're here because they were a great band even when they were messed up and sloppy, one song might suck but the next one would knock it out of the park. Live shows shouldn't be technically perfect, there should be little hiccups from time to time. It's not a Broadway musical.

Jerry was a big part of the AIC songs, has a good singing voice that worked with Layne's, that reviving AIC without Layne was workable.

• Like 1

We gonna hologram the shit outta it.

Ha. It would be great if they could record & perform again but I think I've accepted it won't happen. I'll still checkout whatever they are making, future albums same with the rest of ex members.

Setlist:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Live N Let Die

Sweet Child O Mine

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Dust N Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin Jive

November Rain

Coma

Civil War

14 Years

Yesterdays

Knockin on Heaven's Door

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

Estranged

Nightrain

Rocket Queen

My Michelle

Used to Love Her

Patience

Paradise City

Not for nothing but fuck the children, give me a new album, they'll be looking at their I phones and texting the whole show anyway.

"What did you think of the show?"

Mandy broke up with brad!"

"OMG I know! Did you read the twitter? LOLz"

"Instagram was better."

"Becky updated her Facebook status to 'content' I wonder what that means?"

"Who played the show?"

Who cares! Mandy and Brad broke up!"

Fuck the kids in their i-Assholes

Album please and thank you.

From what BBF has described of the tours and damn near chaos at every turn, a reunion tour will likely implode. I'd rather hear them all together on an album first and then watch them test a tour. If it blows up, there ends up being nothing but another fucked up story.

Tour - I'd rather wait 2 hours in my seat to see them together on stage than wait 15 years for an album to come out because Axl doesn't like the way one song sounds.

Or one part of a short section of a phrase and then you release Scraped.

Setlist:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Live N Let Die

Sweet Child O Mine

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Dust N Bones

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin Jive

November Rain

Coma

Civil War

14 Years

Yesterdays

Knockin on Heaven's Door

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

Estranged

Nightrain

Rocket Queen

My Michelle

Used to Love Her

Patience

Paradise City

Not for nothing but fuck the children, give me a new album, they'll be looking at their I phones and texting the whole show anyway.

"What did you think of the show?"

Mandy broke up with brad!"

"OMG I know! Did you read the twitter? LOLz"

"Instagram was better."

"Becky updated her Facebook status to 'content' I wonder what that means?"

"Who played the show?"

Who cares! Mandy and Brad broke up!"

Fuck the kids in their i-Assholes

Album please and thank you.

I'd just love to see them play One in a Million at the reunion show. Fruit phones in the air like you just don't care!
  • Like 2

Even if they make a triple album they won't be in the studio together again. Interesting whatsapp convo. AxlTDFuck: redo solo. This time good. Sladj: whatever AxlTDFuck: say what? Sladj: i got some ideas AxlTDFuck: my lawyer will call you

• Like 1