The Hateful Eight - New/Second Trailer!

RussTCB

It's not as Spaghetti western as Django. I've seen Westerns a bit like it. In terms of the size of it. 3:10 to Yuma. It had some Deadwood element I couldnt put my finger on.

I was thinking Poirot meets The Wild Bunch.

Edited by wasted

I saw it in 70mm yesterday, absolutely loved it. I'd probably rank it in my top 3 Tarantino films.

the 70mm version is really 20 min longer?

Damn, I watched the 167 min version, not the 187 one. Still, great film... but not in my top 3.

From wikipedia:

Tarantino edited two versions of the film, one for the roadshow version and the other for general release. The roadshow version runs for three hours and two minutes, and includes an overture and intermission, while the general release is six minutes shorter and contains alternate takes of some scenes. Tarantino claims that the general release cut was created as he felt that some of the footage he shot for 70mm would not play well on smaller screens. Classifications from the British Board of Film Classification confirm that the time differences between the Roadshow (187 minutes) and the DCP (167 minutes) releases are twenty minutes.

I saw it in 70mm yesterday, absolutely loved it. I'd probably rank it in my top 3 Tarantino films.

the 70mm version is really 20 min longer?
Something like that. It was close to 3 and a half hours with the Overture (About 3 mins) and the Intermission (12 mins). I have no clue what would be cut though for the theatrical release - there's was nothing that felt like filler or unnecessary to the story.

QT seriously has a hard on for the N word.....This movie seriously does not get interesting until the last 40 minutes or so which normally wouldn't be a bad thing, except its almost 3hours long!! 2 hours of terrible dialogue and basically nothing happening.

It is taking a beating on some of the main movie boards.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Watched this bit up to 'Daisy whatsherface knows a secret' so about just over half of it and i'll tell you what, this is the best Tarantino film I've seen since Jackie Brown, I mean it is REALLY fantastic, based on what I've seen, I'm not a big one for modern Westerns either but this is fantastic. Like REALLY quality. Can't really talk much about it cuz i know yous lot don't like to have stuff revealed before watching it but have a butchers for yourself, it is fucking sterling :)

the quality drops after that

it gets way over the top and honestly ruined the film for me

Better than Django. Worse than everything else bar Death Proof. Still pretty good.

Quentin's next movie had better be set after the 19th century.

Death Proof is the worst. what is even the point of that movie?

its like QT just wanted to follow abucha cackling bitches and takes shots of their feet