"Going Down" 2 years later...

It needed Axl's vocals to really be a true nugnr song. As it was it was an ok song, but it didn't feel gnr enough for me. Classic gnr could get away with Izzy or Duff singing, nugnr can not get away with anyone else other than Axl singing.

Because of the name?

I really liked it. There was a lot of interest in the song after it appeared on the Rio set list and to finally hear not only the song, but Axl's incredible backing vocals was a relief.

I've seen people mention that someone from TB mentioned that on the finished version Axl sings lead...is there any proof of this?

It's far from bad, but of the things that leaked at the time I listen to it the least.

One of the things that made New Guns cool was Axl pushing the boundaries and exploring new sounds. This is a good song, but it's a bit generic for what the band is capable of.

The drum tracks at the beginning/first part of the song need replaced with actual drums. Bumble or whoever's solo doesn't fit at all. But I disagree with a lot of people, this is a guns n roses song. Guitars are just lacking.

Funny I was just thinking about this song and I have been listening to it the past few days. I dig it... Stinson's vocals don't bother me, and Axl's backing vocals are great. It totally sounds like a guns song to me. It's not a masterpiece for sure, but it's one of the only "new" things we've heard in years. Though, it would be great to hear the Axl version if it is even true.