Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Well fuck me. For the record I'm in no way an insider (:lol:), but I did see some clues throughout the past year. My eyebrows were raised when Slash out of the blue wished Axl a happy birthday on Twitter. Last time he did that was the year of the HOF when it would've benefitted them both greatly to just kiss and make up if only for one night. The fact that he hadn't done that before or since up until this year was pretty telling to me.

The second clue was Del posting specifically nostalgic moments solely about Slash. I know guns/Del have posted stuff about the real band as a whole, but never specifically just about Slash.

The third big clue was Del wishing Slash a happy birthday. Need I say more?

What does this all mean? Who the fuck knows. I do think Slash is more willing to try for a reunion than Axl is, but as I've said many times, he ain't broke enough to be in nu guns. He's not gonna be ruled under Team Brazil's thumb as an employee and deal with all that bullshit. They would need a real manager to run them all fairly and equally, not a group of leeches who are gonna be biased towards Axl's wants, needs, and desires for blatantly obvious reasons. Same goes for Duff and Izzy. It'd have to be a real reincarnation of gnr, not them joining nu guns.

Also, as others have said, I don't believe Axl's stubbornness will allow him to admit that nu guns failed, which he essentially would be doing if he allowed for a reunion. But fuck man, if he's crazy enough to believe people wanna here another round of Chinese Democracy when the general public could barely stomach the first, then Jesus tap dancing Christ. Makes as much sense as Van Halen doing another album with Gary Cherone :facepalm:.

At the very least it's great that they're not being anchored by bad feelings among them anymore. Personally I still rather a reunion than more nu guns, but I'm hardly holding my breath. One miracle at a time I suppose...

The number of posts I've seen you blasting people for wanting a reunion... Good to see you've come to your senses ;)

I still think it's a load of bollocks and wouldn't care a monkeys if it didn't happen...just sheer shameless fuckin' nostalgia on my part and nothing else.
  • Like 1

The number of posts I've seen you blasting people for wanting a reunion... Good to see you've come to your senses ;)

I still think it's a load of bollocks and wouldn't care a monkeys if it didn't happen...just sheer shameless fuckin' nostalgia on my part and nothing else.

Nostalgia doesn't have to be bollocks, though. If the passion is there when they perform, it'll be worth it. I doubt they'd perform together otherwise, they're both minted so it's not like money would be a substantial contributing factor.

i understand the doubt, and I wouldn't count on axl to stick with any decision, but come on guys.

nuGNR is essentially vacant, awaiting replacements

Slash got divorced from the woman who sued axl and was essentially his handler and supposedly replaced his tattoo of her name with a gun

Slash says he's on friendly terms with axl all of a sudden

official GNR twitter accounts suddenly getting nostalgic

Axl sitting on a ton of material he can't find a way to release

This is the first time in about 18 years where the reunion is truly plausible and if Axl wasn't Axl I would say we were over 50% at this point.

Geez, I can remember wasting hours and hours here debating with people on why they thought Axl would never speak to Slash again.

So much for the big grandiose public apology they thought Axl would demand before ever speaking with Slash again. Or funnier yet, felt he was owed, for some odd reason.

Axl's an asshole but anything public involving Slash is the least likely thing to happen.

i understand the doubt, and I wouldn't count on axl to stick with any decision, but come on guys.

Slash got divorced from the woman who sued axl and was essentially his handler and supposedly replaced his tattoo of her name with a gun

This is the first time in about 18 years where the reunion is truly plausible and if Axl wasn't Axl I would say we were over 50% at this point.

Perla sued Axl? What?

Perla sued Axl? What?

haha I guess she didn't sue him, she just tried to steal the copyright on the GNR logo which is equally antagonistic really

Perla sued Axl? What?

haha I guess she didn't sue him, she just tried to steal the copyright on the GNR logo which is equally antagonistic really

"Steal" the copyright? Her husband at the time is the one that designed the logo.

Wow, we may be In for an interesting 2016 after all. I just pray that if a reunion happens we get some new music to go along with it. Maybe that is to much to ask but Axl is getting old and I want more of his music! Ideally the album could include Afew of axls leftover Chinese tracks some slash rockers and izzy tunes. Bamn reunion album in no time

With all the material axl has (including some material from wayyyy back that has Slash and Izzy fingerprints), it would be very easy to put together an album. Just slap some Slash solos on the songs that are fincked and ashba'd.

With all the material axl has (including some material from wayyyy back that has Slash and Izzy fingerprints), it would be very easy to put together an album. Just slap some Slash solos on the songs that are fincked and ashba'd.

That is the mindset that Axl had when he thought he could carry the name alone. "Just slap some pieces of music together...."

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Dynamics of songs matter.

Perla sued Axl? What?

"Steal" the copyright? Her husband at the time is the one that designed the logo.

She tried to copyright ALL GNR logos including the appetite cross

That is the mindset that Axl had when he thought he could carry the name alone. "Just slap some pieces of music together...."

Chinese Democracy isn't slapping pieces of music together, it's meticulously arranging them over and over to the point of insanity.

Perla sued Axl? What?

Link?

Claiming copyright on logos that her husband created is not trying to steal logos.

Perla sued Axl? What?

Link?

Claiming copyright on logos that her husband created is not trying to steal logos.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn78866398&docId=APP20060425083500#docIndex=5&page=1

Perla sued Axl? What?

Chinese Democracy isn't slapping pieces of music together, it's meticulously arranging them over and over to the point of insanity.

Rearranging = slapping pieces of music together. No difference. He started it during the Illusion era. It's the Lars Ulrich syndrome taken to the extreme.