Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I don't want a reunion. I think that a reunion just makes everything that Axl and GnR have been through over the last 2 decades seem like a waste of time. All the money and time spent on CD will have been for nothing, considering that a big part of CD was about Axl reinventing GnR.

That said, if a reunion does happen they only have one shot. Right now Axl and Slash can collect big time if GnR does a reunion tour. However, the moment that Axl and Slash first share the stage the value goes down. If Axl guests with Slash on tour, the amount of money they could make by doing a reunion concert will dip. The ideal way to do it IMO IF there's going to be a reunion is announce a tour a few months ahead, start selling tickets, and before the first show do something on live tv after tickets for the concerts have already been sold.

over on Jarmo's website they are saying they have heard from members of the band that the story is not entirely true. Apparently Axl and Slash have not actually spoken still in over 20 years!

I could see it not being entirely true but I think someone from Slash's camp (if not him) would have clarified by now if the way the information is being presented (Slash and Axl are on friendly terms) by the press is grossly inaccurate

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Reading some of the comments on here is just laughable. This is the BEST fucking news we've had in years and some of you are bringing a downer on it, Jesus Christ. Many of the people complaining are the same people who have been begging for a reunion for years, so what if Slash does a couple songs from the CD era? It's not like a whole concert would consist of just CD material.

The interviewer was tipped off about the being friends again, as someone above me said it's been too well crafted.

Some of you are slagging off Beta, a woman who pretty much saved Axl from a path of self destruction.

Be happy with the news of Axl & Slash sorting out their differences.

We will get a reunion, with recent events everything points towards that. Wether it'd be a full reunion or not who knows? But I think it's pretty safe to say we'll see Slash back at some stage, sooner rather than later I'd say.

Try and be positive about the news.

This is a great post. GN'R fans should be coming together over this (awesome) news, not arguing and bitching about it.

• Like 1

I don't want a reunion. I think that a reunion just makes everything that Axl and GnR have been through over the last 2 decades seem like a waste of time. All the money and time spent on CD will have been for nothing, considering that a big part of CD was about Axl reinventing GnR.

Hahahaha! So the last 2 decades haven't been a waste of time anyways? Yeah it's a reunion that would make the last 20 years of Ax's career a waste. Not the fact that it's been a complete waste on it's own. Axl for all intents and purposes hasn't done a damn thing in 20 years and you're worried that a reunion would make it all for not. Some of you are so fucking insane it's incredible.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 3

That said, if a reunion does happen they only have one shot. Right now Axl and Slash can collect big time if GnR does a reunion tour. However, the moment that Axl and Slash first share the stage the value goes down. If Axl guests with Slash on tour, the amount of money they could make by doing a reunion concert will dip. The ideal way to do it IMO IF there's going to be a reunion is announce a tour a few months ahead, start selling tickets, and before the first show do something on live tv after tickets for the concerts have already been sold.

Man, check out the expert concert promoter here.

As for how a reunion should go, I've said it before and I'll say it again. This would be the most incredible way to do it.

- 6 shows at the Troubadour(first place they ever played) on the west coast.
- 6 shows at The Ritz on the east coast

- Release a new single immediately after those shows.
- Take a month off then head out on a 15 date theatre tour across the States
- Release a new album / announce plans for a world tour in 2017 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of AFD

NO live televised event, no intentional global spotlight. Keep Axl as far away from that shit as possible. Do it organically and do it grass roots style. It would rock and it would be Guns N Fuckin' Roses. I suppose if they wanted to announce something on tv something like Jimmy Fallon would be alright but I'd be very hesitant about having Axl perform on live tv. A joint interview on Fallon with Slash and Axl would be huge enough.

Edited by Bono

As for how a reunion should go, I've said it before and I'll say it again. This would be the most incredible way to do it.

- Release a new album / announce plans for a world tour in 2017 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of AFD

NO live televised event, no intentional global spotlight. Keep Axl as far away from that shit as possible. Do it organically and do it grass roots style. It would rock and it would be Guns N Fuckin' Roses. I suppose if they wanted to announce something on tv something like Jimmy Fallon would be alright but I'd be very hesitant about having Axl perform on live tv. A joint interview on Fallon with Slash and Axl would be huge enough.

If they go on a late night show like that, people will definitely expect them to play music and not just talk.

If they go on a late night show like that, people will definitely expect them to play music and not just talk.

People can expect whatever they want. They don't have to do anything. If they just went on and talked and filled fans in on what the plan is or what they hope to do it will be a huge start. They don't need to play live on tv. Artists often times go on talk shows and don't perform. IN fact it would be better fro them not to play. Their first performance reunited shuldn't be televised on some late night show, nor an awward show, nor a festival. It should be in The Troubadour where it all began. Having those 6 shows pro shot and thrown together for a dvd would be amazing.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

regarding CD/VR material, as some people show concern, was it a waste of time.

IMO: if, big IF, they get together - that's a non-issue. When they got together for the first time, they inherited some LA Guns/Hollywood Rose material, made the best out of it/improved upon those old versions where possible. If reunion happens, they'll do the same again. I would love to hear some of Izzy's material enriched with Axl on vocals, re-arranged by Slash/Duff, more so then CD/VR stuff.

I agree the Troubadour would be a good place to do the first reunion show if it happens. Then again, arguably their best live performance was on that shitty low ratings late night show in early 1988, lol. It would be kind of funny if they deliberately did it on the lowest rated late night show and I mean super late...Late Late show or whatever. Would fit in with the GN'R sense of humor from back in the day, plus kind of make fun of Axl's issues showing up on time.

I agree the Troubadour would be a good place to do the first reunion show if it happens. Then again, arguably their best live performance was on that shitty low ratings late night show in early 1988, lol. It would be kind of funny if they deliberately did it on the lowest rated late night show and I mean super late...Late Late show or whatever. Would fit in with the GN'R sense of humor from back in the day, plus kind of make fun of Axl's issues showing up on time.

Haha yeah ok if they did something like that it woud be funny. Like what the hell GnR just reunited on Carson Daly's Last Call haha!

The news of Slash reconciling with Axl has been anticlimactic to say the least.

what did you want? Some big huge press conference stating he and Axl are friends? When they have something to really say they'll say it.

Edited by Bono

Haha yeah ok if they did something like that it woud be funny. Like what the hell GnR just reunited on Carson Daly's Last Call haha!

Exactly! I think Carson is a pretty big GN'R fan too so that would be a pretty damn good way to do it. Would fit Axl's schedule for sure, lol.

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Like 1

Exactly! I think Carson is a pretty big GN'R fan too so that would be a pretty damn good way to do it. Would fit Axl's schedule for sure, lol.

True. really late night, low key reunion. Let the internet low up the next morning. It would be pretty funny and a big WTF kinda moment.

The news of Slash reconciling with Axl has been anticlimactic to say the least.

To GnR fans it's a long time coming...maybe our band can play live again. For Nu(fake) GnR fanboys I suppose the diaper needs changing.

Check my history. I've been a Nu GnR hater or as I like to call "Slash-ite", pro-reunionist on this board since 2002. But I remember when news like this would have blew up this website with all of the traffic.

Edited by Carne_asaDA

True. really late night, low key reunion. Let the internet low up the next morning. It would be pretty funny and a big WTF kinda moment.

It would be right up Axl's alley to pull something WTF like that. He's been doing it his whole career. "So yeah, GN'R reunited last night while 98% of the country was asleep." :lol:

People saying new gnr are fake are not only accurate but captain obvious at the same time. Most of the people on here where still swimming in there fathers nutsacks hoping to be the fastest swimmer the last time the classic era of Guns N' Roses toured the world (complete with two hired hands & dizzy), it could have been a huge blessing in disguise not releasing anything except TSI in the early to late 90's because it could quite easily have sounded out of date & corny in the middle of the alternative moment and the start of nu-metal era. I bought Appetite, skipped Lies, bought the Illusions and eventually over time purchased CD and to many people's blind sense of what's right & wrong in Guns N' Roses I actually enjoyed CD, that's why I wanna listen to the stuff that's on the next record & follow up. Do I want a reunion? Of course I do. Are we flat out speculating at this point? Cause I won't believe it until it is confirmed they spoke and a conversation doesn't necessarily mean a reunion.

• Like 1

Hahahaha! So the last 2 decades haven't been a waste of time anyways? Yeah it's a reunion that would make the last 20 years of Ax's career a waste. Not the fact that it's been a complete waste on it's own. Axl for all intents and purposes hasn't done a damn thing in 20 years and you're worried that a reunion would make it all for not. Some of you are so fucking insane it's incredible.

He has done something. Even if he just released 1 CD, you can't treat people like garbagejust because they like it and want more of it.

I love CD more than any other GN'R album and there's nothing I'd love more than having a new album from the same guys.

Am I insane?

These guys (Tommy, Chris, Dizzy and Axl) have been through shit. Through deep shit over the past 17 years or so. They've been somehow commited to a project that is far from being perfect, but they've given many people some legitimate joy and satisfaction. Calling people insane for not wanting all of that thrown to the ground isn't very kind I think. And I think Axl knows that.

They could have given up and never released Chinese Democracy. Axl proved he still gave a shit and released it almost 10 years after it was first announced.

He cared. And I'd like to believe he still cares.

• Like 1

These guys (Tommy, Chris, Dizzy and Axl) have been through shit. Through deep shit over the past 17 years or so. They've been somehow commited to a project that is far from being perfect, but they've given many people some legitimate joy and satisfaction.

Where else were those musicians going to go??? That includes Axl. C'mon now.

Guess that this is the work of Meegan and Duff.

And Slash has covered up his 'Perlita' tatoo with a Gun so 'Guns N 'Roses' :)

I wonder if Slash being divorced from her has anything to do with axl and his relationship mending...seems like the timing is just perfect right now, DJ and ron are gone and relationships with classic members have never been this positive since 1996.