Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I guess it is like this...

- Axl tours Spring/Summer 2016 and releases Chinese Democracy 2 in November with a world Tour kicking of in January and going up till May.

-Slash records his next Album in spring, goes on Tour releases the album and keeps on touring which will also end sometime in Spring 2017.

Then...

Since Myles is off doing Alter Bridge for a while, GN'R can Tour to the "30th Anniversary of Appetite" in 2017.

Possible ?

Edited by JoGer99

Great news if true. I would take it with a grain of salt, though. We don't know what Slash meant by what he said. I would definitely wait for another interview where he confirms he has talked to Axl.

Also, Axl and Slash talking does not mean they are in good terms now. It probably means they will be in good terms as time goes by. These guys have not talked in almost 20 years, they have a lot to catch up. There are a lot of "misunderstandings, she said/he said" things to discuss and solve. I mean, Slash is currently busy with his solo band and Axl - presumably - is working on something regarding his own project. Do people really think that only one talk will somehow transform in an instant reunion? No fucking way. If a "reunion" is a possibility (and I bet there are zero chances of that ever happening), it would happen in years.

At this point, all I care about is Axl being able to mend fences with the best lead guitarist Guns N' Roses has ever had. And Slash being able to mend fences with the best frontman he has ever worked with.

If they sat together in a restaurant for a few hours, discussed their own shit, and shook hands in the end, I, as a Guns N' Roses fan, am happy. So, crossing my fingers they really talked to each other.

Great post

This is almost exactly how i feel about this issue

It's hilarious that people over here looses their shit because of this, but this is gonna be great in the long run.

I would bet 2017 could be a great year to mend fences and share the stage together, but that would be a bonus after all these years

If they reconcile their relationship, that's enough

I do not think Axl is capable of pulling off a great performance vocally (aka. 110%=2010)

Looks like we'll have to wait 2-4 months for news coming from TB. Untill then I'm not gonna hold my breath. Hoping for some new music and some European tourdates. Anything besides that would be awesome.

Edited by Ender04

I do not think Axl is capable of pulling off a great performance vocally (aka. 110%=2010)

Did you believe he could pull off a 2010 level performance in 2002? cause I sure didn't. Granted, he's 13 years older now, but if he actually did the work and prepared vocally and physically, I'm guessing there will be a big improvement. Perhaps not 2010 levels, but I believe he's still capable of delivering a great show vocally, and in the studio I have no doubt. Just listen to Angel Down.

Edited by Rovim

The news of Slash reconciling with Axl has been anticlimactic to say the least.

To GnR fans it's a long time coming...maybe our band can play live again. For Nu(fake) GnR fanboys I suppose the diaper needs changing.

Check my history. I've been a Nu GnR hater or as I like to call "Slash-ite", pro-reunionist on this board since 2002. But I remember when news like this would have blew up this website with all of the traffic.

This ain't the news that would do that.

If they'd announced a tour and album on the other hand...

Great news if true. I would take it with a grain of salt, though. We don't know what Slash meant by what he said. I would definitely wait for another interview where he confirms he has talked to Axl.

Also, Axl and Slash talking does not mean they are in good terms now. It probably means they will be in good terms as time goes by. These guys have not talked in almost 20 years, they have a lot to catch up. There are a lot of "misunderstandings, she said/he said" things to discuss and solve. I mean, Slash is currently busy with his solo band and Axl - presumably - is working on something regarding his own project. Do people really think that only one talk will somehow transform in an instant reunion? No fucking way. If a "reunion" is a possibility (and I bet there are zero chances of that ever happening), it would happen in years.

At this point, all I care about is Axl being able to mend fences with the best lead guitarist Guns N' Roses has ever had. And Slash being able to mend fences with the best frontman he has ever worked with.

If they sat together in a restaurant for a few hours, discussed their own shit, and shook hands in the end, I, as a Guns N' Roses fan, am happy. So, crossing my fingers they really talked to each other.

Great post

It's hilarious that people over here looses their shit because of this, but this is gonna be great in the long run.

I would bet 2017 could be a great year to mend fences and share the stage together, but that would be a bonus after all these years

Oh I have no doubt that he could do it with enough time to prepare, but doing it night in and night out on a World Tour is probably out of the question at this point.

Im still having doubts about this interview. Things have gotten better between the two, but there was no mention about both of them actually talking.

It would be great if they actually talked, but I doubt that happened.

That's kind of how I felt at first, but I liked some of the things Marc Canter had to say about it on his thread. They've probably at least emailed or something. I can't imagine Slash would have said those things if they hadn't had some sort of conversation. And my first thought was that the video was edited to give false hope, but I can't imagine who else Slash would be saying those things about (and look how nervous he appears with the guitar in his hand as he answers).

• Like 1

Great post

Oh I have no doubt that he could do it with enough time to prepare, but doing it night in and night out on a World Tour is probably out of the question at this point.

In 2010 he was pretty much on every night...

Im still having doubts about this interview. Things have gotten better between the two, but there was no mention about both of them actually talking.

It would be great if they actually talked, but I doubt that happened.

That's kind of how I felt at first, but I liked some of the things Marc Canter had to say about it on his thread. They've probably at least emailed or something. I can't imagine Slash would have said those things if they hadn't had some sort of conversation. And my first thought was that the video was edited to give false hope, but I can't imagine who else Slash would be saying those things about (and look how nervous he appears with the guitar in his hand as he answers).

Yeah but from what I think that maybe the interviewer asked some other question and Slash's replied to that thing.

In reality its a cool mind twisting question, only a hardcore GNR fan who wants a reunion or who loves Slash and Axl would ask. Generally many interviews have the same dumb questions.

I just hope maybe one of them comes out and talks about it, im sure now Slash will be flooded with questions regarding this in his next interviews, so well lets see what he has to say.

Did you believe he could pull off a 2010 level performance in 2002? cause I sure didn't. Granted, he's 13 years older now, but if he actually did the work and prepared vocally and physically, I'm guessing there will be a big improvement. Perhaps not 2010 levels, but I believe he's still capable of delivering a great show vocally, and in the studio I have no doubt. Just listen to Angel Down.

I become a fan in 2004, that year i heard my first nuGNR bootleg (Leeds 2002)

I laughed my ass off

Then i saw him in 2006 and i was blown away

Then i saw him in 2010 and i was blown away to a far galaxy

From what i've seen and heard from himsince 2011, i'm pretty sure that he can not capable of pulling out THAT voice anymore. he is too old now

Sorry, but this is the truth

But i would love to be proven wrong :)

Edited by Strange Broue

let's just pray! DJ and BBF didn't just walk away without serious reasons behind.

The serious reasons was: Axl is lazy and doesn't want to record music with them so therefore they will not have any songwriiting credits and royalties. Plus they would like to record and release new music on a 2-3 years basis

DJ has a sufficient solo career with Sixx: AM (sadly), Ron always hook up to play SCOM on an indonesian TV show or something or touring with 3rd grade GNR coverbands, he is a weirdo and probably have enough money for a few years

Their departure got nothing to do with this per se

I'm more shocked by the silence we are getting from both sides after hearing this and seeing it spread. Fox News was talking about it today.

If anything was taken out of context I'm sure we would have a clarification by now. Unless Slash is just having fun at our expense haha

Yoou know what's hilarious? This comes out on a swedish new site and not on any major US or UK rock media....

Edited by Strange Broue

Slash probably ran into someone who had Axl;s cell number and Slash texted Axl.... from all accounts from band members and baz Axl never calls anyone.

Slash - Hey Ax is Slash man

Axl- whatz up

Slash - how ya doing

Axl - fuck off

Slash probably ran into someone who had Axl;s cell number and Slash texted Axl.... from all accounts from band members and baz Axl never calls anyone.

Slash - Hey Ax is Slash man

Axl- whatz up

Slash - how ya doing

Axl - fuck off

#LegitInsider

So who called who? Did Axl call Slash? Did Slash call Axl?

Even if they have talked it doesn't mean they would ever reunite for GNR.

Another interview that proves nothing and verifies nothing.

So sick of all this bullshit.

I doubt they would all mesh well creatively anymore.

Musical chemistry at that level is a powerful thing. Judging by their output since old Guns has died, their musical interests remain largely the same.

I think they have the potential to cook something up that won't stink.

It's just what do they sing about?

They write exciting rock n roll but with lyrics with a realness. They dont live that lifestyle, probably too mature to be misognistic lyrics, don't have the feud to complain about...supposedly no one wants to hear Axl whine about chicks. They can play mature, well composed rock with lyrics about having been there done that, know that better than everyone.

Thats why I think going with some Axl material hes been working on for 10 years isnt a bad idea.

The Faith No More reunion record is good model does have similar themes, but it's softer and more classy. Rock or Bust is like that too, listenable not too metalistic. Understated. But is that GNR?

The fact that Axl hasn't had a meltdown/rebuttal to what Slash said speaks volumes. I'm more confident than ever that a reunion will happen. Otherwise what's the point of going public? Who cares if they are "speaking" again? Give me Guns n Roses.....give me Axl n Slash.

• Like 1

The fact that Axl hasn't had a meltdown/rebuttal to what Slash said speaks volumes. I'm more confident than ever that a reunion will happen. Otherwise what's the point of going public? Who cares if they are "speaking" again? Give me Guns n Roses.....give me Axl n Slash.

I sort of agree-- though I highly doubt Axl would ever pipe up one way or another. It would be his leeches (Fernando, Beta, etc) who would go ape-shit if Slash weren't telling the truth about this.

I doubt they would all mesh well creatively anymore.

Musical chemistry at that level is a powerful thing. Judging by their output since old Guns has died, their musical interests remain largely the same.

I think they have the potential to cook something up that won't stink.

It's just what do they sing about?

They write exciting rock n roll but with lyrics with a realness. They dont live that lifestyle, probably too mature to be misognistic lyrics, don't have the feud to complain about...supposedly no one wants to hear Axl whine about chicks. They can play mature, well composed rock with lyrics about having been there done that, know that better than everyone.

Thats why I think going with some Axl material hes been working on for 10 years isnt a bad idea.

The Faith No More reunion record is good model does have similar themes, but it's softer and more classy. Rock or Bust is like that too, listenable not too metalistic. Understated. But is that GNR?

Before I, or anybody for that matter, should get any hopes up, I'd like to know the following:

-Did they speak directly?

-If so, how? E-mail? Texts? Phone calls? FaceTime? In person? All the above? Some of the above?

-How long exactly have they been talking? Specifically, how long have they been talking *directly* (if at all)?

Until we know at least most of these answers, this is all just one big cock tease better left brushed off for now. For the love of Christ, somebody who knows somebody find something out asap. These cloudy parts need some sunshine, ffs! :lol: