Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

2015-08-18.jpg

Do you see Axl, Duff, Izzy, Steven there?!?

That is Slash rehearsing with the Conspirators yesterday, writting music for their upcoming 3rd album. You can follow the status of the writing and recording of this next Conspirators album right here on this board at:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/211328-slashs-new-album-conspirators-iii/page-1

Edited by Klay
  • Like 2

2015-08-18.jpg

That is Slash rehearsing with the Conspirators yesterday, writting music for their upcoming 3rd album. You can follow the status of the writing and recording of this next Conspirators album right here on this board at:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/211328-slashs-new-album-conspirators-iii/page-1

I want to see Bono's face if Terry Balsamo is the new guitar player.

2015-08-18.jpg

So your point is... what? that even if Axl invited Slash to come back to Guns, he won't do it cause he's busy now?

Hypothetically speaking, what will prevent Slash from doing a reunion in 2017 or whenever the album and tour thing will conclude? (not counting Axl)

Besides, look at how Myles is juggling for years now between Alter Bridge and The Conspirators.

I understand that Slash got his own thing going, but I believe he wants back in Guns, and after 3 albums and endless touring with The Conspirators, it will be understandable if Slash went back to Guns in 2017 for example. This is all happening in dream land of course.

Edited by Rovim

Kristian Valen, a norwegian comedian and "slash friend" tells on hes facebook page that there will be a reunion in 2016.

He doesn't seem to know more than us, and just rehashes the statement that Axl and Slash have been talking for two years (despite Slash claiming as recently as back in May that they hadn't talked in 16 (?) years). So yeah, despite all stories Kristian Valen may serve about partying with Slash, I doubt he is much of an insider.

Edited by SoulMonster

It is too strong a comment to be a reference to a mere removal of certain legal machinations and the fact Duff is pals with Axl now unless Slash is interpreting the word 'friends' in the loosest sense possible. I do not know why people are making a messy diarrhea stain out of something that is fairly unambiguous?

AWESOME news, I still , to this day, can't believe how some people dont want a reunion, or some people want to hear from anyone post 1996. A reunion would (with any combination pre 1996) would be one of the biggest events in rock history.

Also, did anyone become a FAN of GNR because of CD? I believe that 97% of GNR fans are fans because everything that happened in AFD and UYI era, so yes, give me the damn reunion.

• Like 1

AWESOME news, I still , to this day, can't believe how some people dont want a reunion, or some people want to hear from anyone post 1996. A reunion would (with any combination pre 1996) would be one of the biggest events in rock history.

Also, did anyone become a FAN of GNR because of CD? I believe that 97% of GNR fans are fans because everything that happened in AFD and UYI era, so yes, give me the damn reunion.

I'm finding it funny that people are listing Pitman as a relevant part of any form of a reunion.

• Like 2

I'm finding it funny that people are listing Pitman as a relevant part of any form of a reunion.

Exactly, or that people want to hear CDII with Buckethead. Why???

I find it even more funny that people dont want Sorum part of the reunion! Who played drums on more album then anyone else. It should be both Adler/Sorum

Edited by Gibbo 27

Cause they liked Chinese and that had Bucket all over it.

If you became a fan of GNR because of CD, I understand that you want to hear more than that. But if you are a fan because of AFD, I can't understand how you'd rather listen to Buckethead play every possible note.

Not even Buckethead wants to hear ChiDem 2.

Not even Finck cares about ChiDem 2.

They created it-- and they don't even care if it's released. That should tell you all you need to know about its quality.

Cock-a-roach soup indeed.

That should tell you all you need to know about its quality.

Maybe not all you need to know. There's the small details like actually listening to it before casting judgement. Robin talked about his work on Chinese not too long ago in an interview and seemed proud of his work, but he did say some of his favorite guitar moments with Guns remain unreleased.

Besides, you can't know what they care about. Bucket maybe, but 11 years have passed since he left and Robin played Better live in 2012.

If you became a fan of GNR because of CD, I understand that you want to hear more than that. But if you are a fan because of AFD, I can't understand how you'd rather listen to Buckethead play every possible note.

I am a fan of AFD. I think it is the greatest record ever. I still like to hear Bucket play.

I doubt they would all mesh well creatively anymore.

Musical chemistry at that level is a powerful thing. Judging by their output since old Guns has died, their musical interests remain largely the same.

I think they have the potential to cook something up that won't stink.

It's just what do they sing about?

They write exciting rock n roll but with lyrics with a realness. They dont live that lifestyle, probably too mature to be misognistic lyrics, don't have the feud to complain about...supposedly no one wants to hear Axl whine about chicks. They can play mature, well composed rock with lyrics about having been there done that, know that better than everyone.

Thats why I think going with some Axl material hes been working on for 10 years isnt a bad idea.

The Faith No More reunion record is good model does have similar themes, but it's softer and more classy. Rock or Bust is like that too, listenable not too metalistic. Understated. But is that GNR?

I think Axl can find new and interesting themes to talk about. Catcher is that for me. Here's a song you can imagine Slash on for example and it's something different compared to what they did before lyrically.

I don't see it as a problem, if it's something Axl is passionate about, and Slash does his thing with the rest of them, theoretically that can create a good Guns song.

Shackler's also has a different theme lyrically.

They definitely have songs like Yesterdays, 14 Years, Pretty Tied Up that are self aware and still cool but they probably won't get

I could see Izzy reflecting back like he does on those early LA days. Maybe there's still a Automatic Overdrive. Could mine some old stories for lyrics.

It's just we never got an album from them when they were so together so it's hard to imagine. They were living extreme lifestyles and wrote about that.

They have a lot to live up is what I'm saying. Quite a few don't even like Catcher or TWAT so they are going to smash out of the stadium to really make an impact.

In my mind, if the songs/guitar parts to CDII were THAT good and THAT groundbreaking, we'd have heard it by now. Chin Dem came out the best part of a decade ago.

Most likely is its a complete soup of unfinished, incoherent parts with potential. But if they ain't finished now, they never will be

Nobody outside the forums care about CD 2. I'm pretty sure neither Robin or Buckethead lose any sleep thinking about it. Seriously guys, Axl and Slash not being enemies anymore is far more important to the world than Axl's next solo album.

• Like 2

I believe that 97% of GNR fans are fans because everything that happened in AFD and UYI era.

True when it comes to me. In the end I prefer CD however, though my favorite song is on UYI2.

Dare I say, I'm not a fan of AFD at all, sorry :) I do like the songs, but live (can't listen to the studio versions anymore) and only a few, like Nightrain and ISE.

They definitely have songs like Yesterdays, 14 Years, Pretty Tied Up that are self aware and still cool but they probably won't get

I could see Izzy reflecting back like he does on those early LA days. Maybe there's still a Automatic Overdrive. Could mine some old stories for lyrics.

It's just we never got an album from them when they were so together so it's hard to imagine. They were living extreme lifestyles and wrote about that.

They have a lot to live up is what I'm saying. Quite a few don't even like Catcher or TWAT so they are going to smash out of the stadium to really make an impact.

I think musically they have the potential to find common ground. Lyrically, the examples I gave worked as a ballad (Catcher) and Shackler's which I think rocks.

The public connected with AFD themes and with Estranged. If they find the right mix thematically and it will sound like a cohesive album, I don't really see a problem. Axl is not gonna release lyrics that don't reflect some form of truth in his opinion, so it's gonna be genuine, if not widely accepted.

Yeah, what got them signed was Don't Cry (at least a main reason) and Sweet Child made them huge while WTTJ gave them validation as a genuine hard rock band.

Axl said he doesn't think about music in that way. Rockers and ballads, but the intent with Chinese was to create more "beautiful" music which to me says he's still very much into ballads.

I don't know what impact they can make other then nostalgia. Artistically speaking, in a studio setting I still believe they have the potential to create one more unified album. They've only really made one and that's Appetite.

Edited by Rovim

Nobody outside the forums care about CD 2.

That's such an unintelligent thing to say. People outside the forum "don't care about CD 2" because they don't know anything about it, but if GN'R were to release another record, people would show that "they care" by buying it, just like people tend to buy music from bands they like.