Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

A reunion doesn't make sense. Axl doesn't like old Guns music anymore. And Slash thought CD was "okay." And even if it was good/he liked it, who gives a fuck about Slash playing CD?

Really cause AFD and UYIs songs are 80+% percent of a NUGnR show....

A reunion doesn't make sense. Axl doesn't like old Guns music anymore. And Slash thought CD was "okay." And even if it was good/he liked it, who gives a fuck about Slash playing CD?

This is a joke right? Have you ever been to a nugnr concert? They play mostly the OLD stuff with a few songs from CD. And if a bunch of B players can cover slashs music on the HITS that made the name, Slash can sure play, probably better, the few songs of CD that they may play. This experiment is over. It never caught on, and really did not produce anything that great.

This is a joke right? Have you ever been to a nugnr concert? They play mostly the OLD stuff with a few songs from CD. And if a bunch of B players can cover slashs music on the HITS that made the name, Slash can sure play, probably better, the few songs of CD that they may play. This experiment is over. It never caught on, and really did not produce anything that great.

This

I think the sheer fact this topic remains on here shows that something is happening behind the scenes for these reasons:
1. If it was not true they were talking again then Axl or TB would have shot down the rumor.
2. If there's a reunion of sorts in the works they are probably not ready to tell anyone.
3. In the past Axl or TB has not been shy to shutdown similar Slash rumors and there were rumors of a massive fall out in Vegas with Axl and TB. Is Axl doing what he likes right now and not listening to TB? I dunno..
4. No other GNR members current or old have commented. To me this is the biggest sign.. it's like people are keeping quiet as they stand to benefit handsomely if they do. People obviously have something to gain.
5. Dont forget Del wishing Slash a happy birthday.
6. Oh and Perla is gone.. rumored to have a bad relationship with Axl.
7. AND Duff is IMO obviously helping the situation.
There's a few others also but i cant think of them now. peace. :headbang:

Well, this is a comment worth adding to...so I'll do it, 1 by 1

1- I agree. Reading through this thread the conspiracy theorists may need to focus on this point.

2- Agreed. So of course fortus and ferrer are gonna stay positive.. if a reunion were in the works, why are they gonna make you think different?

3- Agreed. Something would have been said by now. I think things between Axl and TB are fine, assuming they wouldn't be is wishful thinking by those who for whatever reason don't like TB

4- Exactly. Everyone is mum, Duff has been politically correct, Slash has kept things brief, and fortus and frank have remained the same with their answers. Same as Dj until he quit.

5- I like this point the most. Del wishing Slash a happy birthday I always thought was grounds for termination.

6- Not sure if this was ever true or just wishful thinking. Did they ever even meet?

7- This I agree.

I think the sheer fact this topic remains on here shows that something is happening behind the scenes for these reasons:
1. If it was not true they were talking again then Axl or TB would have shot down the rumor.
2. If there's a reunion of sorts in the works they are probably not ready to tell anyone.
3. In the past Axl or TB has not been shy to shutdown similar Slash rumors and there were rumors of a massive fall out in Vegas with Axl and TB. Is Axl doing what he likes right now and not listening to TB? I dunno..
4. No other GNR members current or old have commented. To me this is the biggest sign.. it's like people are keeping quiet as they stand to benefit handsomely if they do. People obviously have something to gain.
5. Dont forget Del wishing Slash a happy birthday.
6. Oh and Perla is gone.. rumored to have a bad relationship with Axl.
7. AND Duff is IMO obviously helping the situation.
There's a few others also but i cant think of them now. peace. :headbang:

Well, this is a comment worth adding to...so I'll do it, 1 by 1

1- I agree. Reading through this thread the conspiracy theorists may need to focus on this point.

2- Agreed. So of course fortus and ferrer are gonna stay positive.. if a reunion were in the works, why are they gonna make you think different?

3- Agreed. Something would have been said by now. I think things between Axl and TB are fine, assuming they wouldn't be is wishful thinking by those who for whatever reason don't like TB

4- Exactly. Everyone is mum, Duff has been politically correct, Slash has kept things brief, and fortus and frank have remained the same with their answers. Same as Dj until he quit.

5- I like this point the most. Del wishing Slash a happy birthday I always thought was grounds for termination.

6- Not sure if this was ever true or just wishful thinking. Did they ever even meet?

7- This I agree.

Someone gets it!

Axl doesn't like old guns music? His last shows prove he doesn't like CD anymore.

Well, I personally do really like Chinese,he did an excellent job like it or not.

But then again, how funny is it that no more than 3 songs from that album are on each GNR set? Not to mention no new songs have even be played...Axl may be saying screw it to the new stuff for all we know, not that I could blame him.

What if another possibility is:

Axl is truly retired, has let everyone off contract/payroll, and has made amends with Slash because there's no reason to fight anymore? If Axl no longer "is" Guns, as in, no longer wants to push nuGN'R, Slash is no longer a threat. He has nothing more to prove, and no reason to further quarrel with Slash so why not make up?

If Axl is retired, Del is out of a job anyway and maybe he actually liked Slash back in the day (they were friends since '85) and figures since there's no organization to be fired from, it's okay be on good terms with Slash.

/Glass half empty.

Had to clean up the thread some and I need to post some reminders:

Please do not post rumor as fact unless you can provide a mod or admin with a source they can contact to confirm.

Also, please try to refrain from insulting other posters.

Thanks!

Axl is truly retired, has let everyone off contract/payroll, and has made amends with Slash because there's no reason to fight anymore? If Axl no longer "is" Guns, as in, no longer wants to push nuGN'R, Slash is no longer a threat. He has nothing more to prove, and no reason to further quarrel with Slash so why not make up?

If Axl is retired, Del is out of a job anyway and maybe he actually liked Slash back in the day (they were friends since '85) and figures since there's no organization to be fired from, it's okay be on good terms with Slash.

/Glass half empty.

Honestly, I could buy into that. Even IF a new nu album is truly being finalized, and (an even bigger) IF the label is being supportive towards Axl's sequel to Battlefield Earth, it could be more of a last hurrah than a beginning of a new era. Axl might not even bother doing anything besides OKing the release. I can very well see him being done in every other regard at this point, unfortunate as it may be.

I really am starting to buy into those retirement rumors from last year now. Every other rumor from that time frame seems to be coming to fruition.

Edited by Bobbo

Really cause AFD and UYIs songs are 80+% percent of a NUGnR show....

Faulty assumptive logic. Let me know if you want me to explain why you're wrong.

PS: I'm a huge Slash fan.

This

Chill. I have seen NuGNR unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure Axl has said quite a few times he has no interest in hard rock music/old GNR. I don't care to pull sources, but I'm fairly certain I'm not making this up.

Edited by OmarBradley

/Glass half empty.

Possible, but there's nothing to suggest he's retired or going to anytime soon. There may not be much to suggest much to begin with, but when Fernando says we're going to hear news soon, although he's somewhat vague, it's pretty clear Axl isn't retiring.

Edited by Billsfan

does anyone else look back on the entire way BBF left the band...not being able to discuss his exit etc. as being a sign this was all going on??

Yes, some just are in denial. Even Ashba hasn't said much.

Actually, no one has said anything except frank and richard with the usual "no worries ya'll, next year will be a big year for gnr fans" lmao

It's the perfect plan for a reunion set up when you think about it...no one wil it coming, just expect the usual "yeah yeah ok you axl employees"

So yeah, it's entirely possible. It's probably the most believable reason right now as to why no one's saying anything and I have yet to read one theory suggesting anything logical otherwise so..I'm going with your theory.

Edited by Billsfan

They definitely have songs like Yesterdays, 14 Years, Pretty Tied Up that are self aware and still cool but they probably won't get

I could see Izzy reflecting back like he does on those early LA days. Maybe there's still a Automatic Overdrive. Could mine some old stories for lyrics.

It's just we never got an album from them when they were so together so it's hard to imagine. They were living extreme lifestyles and wrote about that.

They have a lot to live up is what I'm saying. Quite a few don't even like Catcher or TWAT so they are going to smash out of the stadium to really make an impact.

I think musically they have the potential to find common ground. Lyrically, the examples I gave worked as a ballad (Catcher) and Shackler's which I think rocks.

The public connected with AFD themes and with Estranged. If they find the right mix thematically and it will sound like a cohesive album, I don't really see a problem. Axl is not gonna release lyrics that don't reflect some form of truth in his opinion, so it's gonna be genuine, if not widely accepted.

Yeah, what got them signed was Don't Cry (at least a main reason) and Sweet Child made them huge while WTTJ gave them validation as a genuine hard rock band.

Axl said he doesn't think about music in that way. Rockers and ballads, but the intent with Chinese was to create more "beautiful" music which to me says he's still very much into ballads.

I don't know what impact they can make other then nostalgia. Artistically speaking, in a studio setting I still believe they have the potential to create one more unified album. They've only really made one and that's Appetite.

I think what I'm talking about is the story being told. From the streets of AFD to wrestling with fame on UYI to the split covered on CD. Then what?

This is mainly Axl's story maybe. For Slash it's not an issue to do Automatic Overdrive. Izzy has a more off the cuff take on things.

What I'm saying is how do you express the sentiments or themes of a reunion. How to be a Man? Is it something more melancholy or is it roaring back with bravado.

Axl seemed to take a lot of themes to the end of the line in that doom romantic way or rising above with Madagascar in a spiritual way.

It just seems like being through so much they are much more reflective now than lost in or feeling the moment. But being lost in the moment can be fuel. Now they might say Back off Bitch, wait is that really necessary? They've done war, religion, race, heroin, love, unrequited love. the streets, the inner workings of the industry, the media, misogny. What now redemption and bromances?

We know from their solo output they can put out good rock music. But this is the GNR reunion, how do they live up to the most dangerous band in the world when theyve grown up so much and covered so many bases already?

It's like everything they could say about GNR has been said.

I see Axl always bringing the heartbreak, out ta get me attitude and political allegories. Then Izzy will have his take on why they are back? To remindle the musical chemistry is a personal thing, for the fans, to put the past to rights.

I look at VH, FNM, Soundgarden reunion records and yes in parts and good enough, but something was missing, it felt more like a calling card than a significant.

I feel like they have to walk the line to really pull it off. Like almost remake AFD and UYI but then Izzy or Axl have to lyrically come up with lyrics to justify it. It can't be like CD or Slash solo or Izzy solo it has to have that spirit. Maybe bring that grittiness that rock lacks these days. There's a beauty in the orginal five in a small studio making the record of their lives. There's something of that in LA Woman. It's not quite recapturing the old days but it was the perfect farewell.

Edited by wasted

Dear Nikki- Darren Ashba never was in GnR...he was a hired touring musician that TB employed. That's all. But whatever- Sixx AM needs the pub. Go ahead and use GnR to plug your lil band

Two things (common sense) :

- Axl hasn't retired, he's too young and needs money to maintain his expensive lifestyle.

- Nugnr has run its course, the 2014 shows and DJ's+BBF's departures were the final nail on the coffin. Something new (with Slash & Duff, probably Izzy) is coming up.

Edited by supercool