Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Axl's by all accounts has been fairly loyal to the new guys. He's been pretty explicit in saying the new band have invested a lot to be part of his project, so he wouldn't jump ship for the sake of a reunion. I'm guessing in the past he wasn't exactly blown away by the likes of Libertab and the Slash solo album to think that a reunion would even be worthwhile. But now it's different. BFoot gone, Ashba gone, Tommy revisits his old band on his downtime. Plus, the recent Slash album was a return to form. For the first time in ages, I'm willing to bet Axl listened to the guitar parts on World on Fire and though, 'Yep, I could work with that.' No disrespect meant (coz I really dig WoF), but Axl's voice and input on some of those tracks/ideas would make a great Guns record

The swedish reporter was such a dufus!!
He asked a nice question, and then followed it up with the reunion question... what bullsh1t...

The reunion questions have been asked a million times... and it was irritating back in 2008... now its just over. He couldve asked do you talk to each other... when was the last time you spoke... what about... etc.

Total crap!!

However, I also find it strange that two statements and the whole media, press and fans are going bonkers. I dont think there have been bigger enemies in rock n roll than slash n axl. They can never be 'friends'. At best they could go back talking to each other once in a while.

No. I dont think there will be a reunion... or a reunion any time soon. If a reunion happens it means two things:-

1. Axl's vision of chinese democracy and its followups is over. He lost. His will is broken. And thats not the Axl we know.

2. Slash's new album with Myles n conspirators isnt coming out any time soon. Which is alright coz his last two albums werent that great anyways. But he is a strong touring musician (like motorhead just always on the road).

I find it funny that fans just turn into high school cookie selling girls when they hear that they are friendly... and Slash didnt even say that they were friends... he just said it was long overdue... which means they probably had a detente at best... probably talked on the phone once and passed on each others gnr cover band dvds.

• Like 1

Where's Fernando!? I feel like this would be a great opportunity to shed some light on the situation.

All he has to say is "Guns N Roses is moving forward with a new guitarist, Slash is not in the plans, and hasn't been for a while. I will not clarify any statements that Slash has made, that is between him and Axl. My job is Guns N Roses and all I can say is we are working on stuff and will let you know when it is ready"

Instead we have all this speculation. People are ready to toss CD2 for the reunion. People are already saving money for the reunion shows. Essentially this silence has led to the demise of nugnr and has given life to the original band.

I'm for the reunion! But I won't be sad if we get CD2 soon. I'd love to hear anything from Axl, but in my opinion the silence on this situation has gone on longer than I ever imagined anyone from gnr would allow it to. Have they even done any social media lately? I've seen nothing.

I'm starting to believe Slash is back in the mix. Possibly negotiation stages already. I'm not crazy I promise, just trying to rationalize why gnr has gone completely quiet.

* despite being the Fermanager, I doubt it's Fernando's place to talk about that stuff.
It's his band. Fermanager should comment. That's what good managers do.

2. Slash's new album with Myles n conspirators isnt coming out any time soon.

How do you come to this conclusion?

If they have a reunion that tour/promotion will get delayed (if that reunion as some people are claiming is happening near 2016).

Where's Fernando!? I feel like this would be a great opportunity to shed some light on the situation.

All he has to say is "Guns N Roses is moving forward with a new guitarist, Slash is not in the plans, and hasn't been for a while. I will not clarify any statements that Slash has made, that is between him and Axl. My job is Guns N Roses and all I can say is we are working on stuff and will let you know when it is ready"

Instead we have all this speculation. People are ready to toss CD2 for the reunion. People are already saving money for the reunion shows. Essentially this silence has led to the demise of nugnr and has given life to the original band.

I'm for the reunion! But I won't be sad if we get CD2 soon. I'd love to hear anything from Axl, but in my opinion the silence on this situation has gone on longer than I ever imagined anyone from gnr would allow it to. Have they even done any social media lately? I've seen nothing.

I'm starting to believe Slash is back in the mix. Possibly negotiation stages already. I'm not crazy I promise, just trying to rationalize why gnr has gone completely quiet.

* despite being the Fermanager, I doubt it's Fernando's place to talk about that stuff.
It's his band. Fermanager should comment. That's what good managers do.

I dont think 'good' is the word. Frankly I dont think 'manager' is the word either.

If they have a reunion that tour/promotion will get delayed (if that reunion as some people are claiming is happening near 2016).

That is a huge leap. Slash doesn't spend 13 million on albums to where he would have to devote years to tour and promote the album itself. That logic is backwards. Why delay an album and guarantee no return on investment when you can release it, get something and in turn be promoting your work in a huge reunion tour? The bulk of the money comes from touring anyways and he would be making it with the GNR reunion and also get some on the side for releasing the solo album.

You're trying to leap and attach Slash's album as confirmation that it won't happen. Wishful thinking?

• Like 1

That is a huge leap. Slash doesn't spend 13 million on albums to where he would have to devote years to tour and promote the album itself. That logic is backwards. Why delay an album and guarantee no return on investment when you can release it, get something and in turn be promoting your work in a huge reunion tour? The bulk of the money comes from touring anyways and he would be making it with the GNR reunion and also get some on the side for releasing the solo album.

You're trying to leap and attach Slash's album as confirmation that it won't happen. Wishful thinking?

He doesn't spend that much that's true but If you can make the greedy label a shit-ton of cash and make cash yourself & in turn create something other than meat & potatoes rock n roll, almost elevating your own sound then in my opinion your trying something new and out of the box.

He doesn't spend that much that's true but If you can make the greedy label a shit-ton of cash and make cash yourself & in turn create something other than meat & potatoes rock n roll, almost elevating your own sound then in my opinion your trying something new and out of the box.

lol

The label isn't expecting a huge return on a Slash solo record. Not only is the rock scene not as profitable, solo albums are even less profitable unless you're established as a solo artist and made your bones that way.

You guys are trying to mold things to fit your conclusion.

lol

The label isn't expecting a huge return on a Slash solo record. Not only is the rock scene not as profitable, solo albums are even less profitable unless you're established as a solo artist and made your bones that way.

I was talking about Chinese Democracy.

lol

Then you're talking about something that isn't even the subject of the discussion. Take the Axl glasses off.

lol

Then you're talking about something that isn't even the subject of the discussion. Take the Axl glasses off.

O.K Only if you take the Slash glasses off. I don't see things like that I form my own opinion without keeping a specific person in favour of the other.

Edited by wkuk04

Anyway... No dizzy= no estranged, no pitman= no november rain. They wont just play with backup sequences

wut?

Doesnt Dizzy play on that?

Yeah, I just thought that video highlighted Axl's command of that song. The shows I saw in '91..everyone was focused on what Axl had going on with the song, I think the same would happen again with or without other keyboards, tanbourines or kazoos. I honestly don't think keyboards on springs or Dizzy's presence is going to make or break a reunion tour.

I just don't get the whole loyalty thing Axl is supposed to have towards members, or the not throwing away 20 years argument that a few people keep spewing. Loyalty to whom exactly? Bucket? Fink? Brain? Ron? Ashba? They've all fucked off. They quit, like many others before them. Axl's definition of loyalty AND those he pays to be loyal to him, is sure as hell different than mine. Probably most peoples He's had Duff on stage next to Tommy and Izzy on stage next to Fortus. That's like bringing your ex wife to a romantic dinner with your current girlfriend. That word gets thrown around here when referring to the nu band way too much.

He owes the nu guys nothing. They've toured the world under a brand name and were paid for their services. 99% of the people here never heard of guys like Bucket and Bumblefoot before their tenure in the band. The outside world still doesn't know who they are, but they've expanded their fan base thanks to their time of employment in GNR. They were provided opportunities that these guys, already in their 40's, would never have achieved after years of trying on their own.

My opinion, releasing CDll would just highlight another failure for this Guns era. A second album where both lead guitarists are no longer in the band. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. What's he gonna do, hire another no name to record over some parts and tour covering even more songs written and recorded by others. Again. It would only serve to bring more attention to how this "band" was never really a band, and Axl's obvious inability to keep members around. No one even mentions that Slash quit anymore, It's a moot point when every other lead guitar player has done the exact same thing.

Well that just nicely drove a stake through the argument! :lol:

O.K Only if you take the Slash glasses off. I don't see things like that I form my own opinion without keeping a specific person in favour of the other.

Why are you even discussing this?

The subject was the claim that a reunion won't happen because it would delay Slash's album. You're trying to turn it into some Axl defense statement and it has no place. The point about 13 million is to focus on the contrast of the investments and how higher investment would require an album to stand alone with massive promotion and touring. Slash albums are quick and cheap. A reunion tour would in no way hurt a Slash album and most likely would promote it and bring Slash more money on top of a reunion.

Read what you have quoted FFS.

The glorified covers band played 32 shows in 2006 to 700,000 people. Yes that includes a festival or two. A reunion if it was done right would challenge the Stones or U2. If it was given the OK let's make it happen IMO Slash's next album would be shelved but let's remember A CONVERSATION DOESN'T = REUNION....YET!

So a "greedy label" would SHELF an album they invested in, huh? Especially when a massive reunion tour would bring attention to all of their work?

:lol:

Maybe not and your right yeah it could be an opportunity for CD:2 to gain exposure & Slash & Myles with the solo album. Let's hope a reunion takes place and everybody is in good health because just look at what happened to MJ.

There is no good reason they can't "have it all". Slash can release Conspirators lll, Axl can release his "finished" CD ll, and in 2017, 2018, or 2020 whatever, they can finally both do what is what I believe is the only thing that can enable them to use their full artistic potential as musicians and create together again.

If it's reunion shows only, it can still lead to something else as well. If what Fortus says is true, and Axl really does have 3 albums of recorded material, Axl can let Slash and Duff work on it.

It all depends on what Axl wants to do. There are still a few options for him. He can still make money without Slash, hire 2 new faceless guitar players and get the show on the road again with CD ll released.

But no one has really called bullshit from both camps. I don't believe Slash's manager that it's been blown out of proportions or whatever tbh.

Edited by Rovim